Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who should Calzaghe's next opponent be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calzaghe's next opponent?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Calzaghe's next opponent?

So who is it next for our Joe? Americans? Kessler? Is there anyone else? Everyone is speculating, including Joe, Frank Warren and everyone else from here to Timbucktoo. Hopefully there'll be some sort of consensus, but my vote would be with Kessler first, and then maybe a trip to the ole Yoo Ess of Ay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe's next opponent?

winky wright possibly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he dosent fight kessler next and unify the division ill lose a lot of respect for him........but it should be law he shouldnt be able to fight any one else ecept for kessler(or is he scared well find out who the real champ is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Calzaghe v Kessler came off would it be the first time a 168lb had all four?
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    If Calzaghe v Kessler came off would it be the first time a 168lb had all four?
    yep

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler is a must really...

lets face it he aint got much time left so for me...

Kessler
    Clinton
    then Hopkins.

Retire and count his cash with his broken hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    Kessler is a must really...

lets face it he aint got much time left so for me...

Kessler
    Clinton
    then Hopkins.

Retire and count his cash with his broken hands
    Absolutly, I agree with those fights, thats providing Woods' surgery goes ok and Hopkins doesn't stay retired or fight Maskaev. Or he doesn't get KTFO by Kessler, he's looked awesome recently, he'd beat Lacy IMO.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is being offered a rumored $10 million. He'll accept then demand double. Forget that one.

Jones wants around $100 million to fight anyone with a pulse. Forget that one.

Kessler said - "I would be glad to fight Joe under the right financial conditions" -

I hope they can sort it out with Kessler. They're never gonna get the Americans in the ring, with the exception of Winky, possibly....

Kessler
    Woods
    Retire

Then he gets lured out of retirement by Carl Froch and annihilates him. The perfect ending
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok i know this is irrelivent and styles make fights but just for shits and giggles let me analise,green smashes crap out of beyer before getting DQ,mundine whoops green,kessler ko`s beyer,mundine puts up pretty good fight with kessler,if mundine had of fought beyer instead of kessler he would have whooped his ass and got title cause beyer was shit.mundine would out point lacy to,calzaghe proved how one dimensional he was...but anyway mundine is the only sm i can think off worthy of another title shot after calzaghe ang kessler ofcourse! except maybe hopkins or rjj but there way past there primes and imo dont stand a chance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kessler
    then rjj if wins his next fight
    clinton
    retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now first comment from little me.

I am Danish and offcourse Kessler should be the next oppenent for Joe. In years Kessler has been the best Boxer in Denmark. There is no doubt eventhough he is a hard hitter he strengs lies in the speed and technically he is also very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000
    ok i know this is irrelivent and styles make fights but just for shits and giggles let me analise,green smashes crap out of beyer before getting DQ,mundine whoops green,kessler ko`s beyer,mundine puts up pretty good fight with kessler,if mundine had of fought beyer instead of kessler he would have whooped his a** and got title cause beyer was S***.mundine would out point lacy to,calzaghe proved how one dimensional he was...but anyway mundine is the only sm i can think off worthy of another title shot after calzaghe ang kessler ofcourse! except maybe hopkins or rjj but there way past there primes and imo dont stand a chance
    One thing about the fight between Kessler and Mundine Kessler had a severe back problem and was not able to fight 100% and up till this fight he has had several treatments for those problems, but he should be 100% fit now so I would put my money on Kessler in a rematch problably downunder since they arent afraid of mundine

Calzaghe I dont know but that is what we wont to see Bring it on, hopefully they will find the money for the fight

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale
    Kessler and Mundine Kessler had a severe back problem and was not able to fight 100% and up till this fight he has had several treatments for those problems,
    I dont believe he had a sever back problem, ive had sciatica and could hardly breath let alone train and fight !!!

Kessler got lucky with that punch but again, Beyer has been stopped before, the little clip that everyone has seen on youtube just shows them both being slow and robotic, beyer got caught and that was that, Joe is something that Mikkel has never seen or expierienced before and will not be prepared, Joe will thrive off of Mikkels coservative punch output and slow style

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now first comment from little me.

I am Danish and offcourse Kessler should be the next oppenent for Joe. In years Kessler has been the best Boxer in Denmark. There is no doubt eventhough he is a hard hitter he strengs lies in the speed and technically he is also very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000
    ok i know this is irrelivent and styles make fights but just for shits and giggles let me analise,green smashes crap out of beyer before getting DQ,mundine whoops green,kessler ko`s beyer,mundine puts up pretty good fight with kessler,if mundine had of fought beyer instead of kessler he would have whooped his a** and got title cause beyer was S***.mundine would out point lacy to,calzaghe proved how one dimensional he was...but anyway mundine is the only sm i can think off worthy of another title shot after calzaghe ang kessler ofcourse! except maybe hopkins or rjj but there way past there primes and imo dont stand a chance
    One thing about the fight between Kessler and Mundine Kessler had a severe back problem and was not able to fight 100% and up till this fight he has had several treatments for those problems, but he should be 100% fit now so I would put my money on Kessler in a rematch problably downunder since they arent afraid of mundine

Calzaghe I dont know but that is what we wont to see Bring it on, hopefully they will find the money for the fight

The Whale?? I ve heard a few member names before but this is an original one!

Some repeat offenders do give original names...

Kessler won fair and square. Doesnt change my mind though. Calzaghe storms up a lethal performance to stop Kessler....

Just an opinion but Calzaghe hasnt let anyone down yet!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Kessler and Mundine Kessler had a severe back problem and was not able to fight 100% and up till this fight he has had several treatments for those problems,
    I dont believe he had a sever back problem, ive had sciatica and could hardly breath let alone train and fight !!!

Kessler got lucky with that punch but again, Beyer has been stopped before, the little clip that everyone has seen on youtube just shows them both being slow and robotic, beyer got caught and that was that, Joe is something that Mikkel has never seen or expierienced before and will not be prepared, Joe will thrive off of Mikkels coservative punch output and slow style
    Slipped disk five weeks before the fight took place Ross.
    Not able to do any roadwork. So he had to starve himself to make weight.
    plus loss of mobility in the fight.

Hardly perfect preparations

And btw - Why have the fight delayed for 4 weeks if there was no problem?
    What did Kessler stand to gain?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

makes sence to me DD

didnt see the fight with mundine so may take a look at it.

Thread Information