User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: riddick bowe vs holyfield one of greatest hw fights of all time

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default riddick bowe vs holyfield one of greatest hw fights of all time

watching this fight again recently i forgot how bloody good this was of a fight one of the best hw fights of all time and who can forget that great 10th round 2nd fight showed holyfields great boxing skills plus u had all the drama of that guy coming in arena in 7th round and probably one of best trilogys aswell

ali vs fraizer 1 and 3
    ken norton vs larry holmes
    holyfield vs bowe
    george foreman vs lyle
    bert cooper vs michael moorer

for pure excitement they make my list i know theres more but there the ones off the top of my head
    plus what do u think of tyson vs bowe??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: riddick bowe vs holyfield one of greatest hw fights of all time

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    watching this fight again recently i forgot how bloody good this was of a fight one of the best hw fights of all time and who can forget that great 10th round 2nd fight showed holyfields great boxing skills plus u had all the drama of that guy coming in arena in 7th round and probably one of best trilogys aswell

ali vs fraizer 1 and 3
    holyfield vs bowe
    george foreman vs lyle

for pure excitement they make my list i know theres more but there the ones off the top of my head
    Tyson Vs Holyfield was alot more exciting than the Bowe fight even though it was entertaining

Tyson Vs Holyfield
    Ali Vs Frazier
    Foreman Vs Ali
    Foreman Vs Frazier

Tyson Vs Bowe would depend on when it took place, but prime on prime I like Tyson.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

ali vs fraizer 1 and 3
    holyfield vs bowe
    george foreman vs lyle

Tyson Vs Holyfield was alot more exciting than the Bowe fight even though it was entertaining

Tyson Vs Holyfield
    Ali Vs Frazier
    Foreman Vs Ali
    Foreman Vs Frazier

Tyson Vs Bowe would depend on when it took place, but prime on prime I like Tyson.
    tyson and holyfield fight was alot of clinching by holyfield what made it more exciting was holyfield was such an underdog and he was beating tyson i favour bowe to be honest he is stronger than tyson and has better chin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ali vs fraizer 1 and 3
    holyfield vs bowe
    george foreman vs lyle

Tyson Vs Holyfield
    Ali Vs Frazier
    Foreman Vs Ali
    Foreman Vs Frazier

tyson and holyfield fight was alot of clinching by holyfield what made it more exciting was holyfield was such an underdog and he was beating tyson i favour bowe to be honest he is stronger than tyson and has better chin
    You are out of your bloody mind Ice Cold if you think Bowe is stronger than Tyson, Bigger does not mean stronger. Many people rate Mike as the hardest puncher in boxing history, there are a couple others mentioned with him such as Foreman, Shavers, etc but Bowe is not one of them, a strong puncher yes, stronger than Mike no.

ICB Guest

ali vs fraizer 1 and 3
    holyfield vs bowe
    george foreman vs lyle

Tyson Vs Holyfield
    Ali Vs Frazier
    Foreman Vs Ali
    Foreman Vs Frazier

You are out of your bloody mind Ice Cold if you think Bowe is stronger than Tyson, Bigger does not mean stronger. Many people rate Mike as the hardest puncher in boxing history, there are a couple others mentioned with him such as Foreman, Shavers, etc but Bowe is not one of them, a strong puncher yes, stronger than Mike no.
    bowe was very heavy handed he has extra weight aswell im not out of my mind to think 6 foot 5 man vs 5 foot 11 who is 20 pounds heavier atleast is stronger hitter yes i know it doesnt always mean ur stronger because ur bigger but thats extra advantage if bowe fought tyson on inside bowe would use his extra weight like he did with holyfield and wear tyson down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of people have the 10th round as one of the top hw rounds in history. There was a post here a couple months ago about the round...forget who posted it.

Also I agree with bb...how are you going to say that bowe had more power than Tyson!? Bowe was big and strong but just cause you have size doesnt mean you are going to punch harder than someone smaller. Tyson was amazing at setting his body and getting full force behind his punches...a taller man wouold have a lot of trouble doing that, especially bowe at 6 foot 5...iron mike through punches with every muscle in his body which took amazing coordination and years of intense training AND genetics. Tyson also had the chin...that beating Holyfield took in the 10th I think Tyson would of been able to take it and not go down as well. Look at the beating Holy gave mike in round 10 of their first fight. That's actually a really good hw fight that doesnt get much attention anymore.

Here's round 10 (of Holy-Tyson) if you havent seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKUGS...elated&search=

Holyfield has been involved in some very good 10th rounds!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    A lot of people have the 10th round as one of the top hw rounds in history.  There was a post here a couple months ago about the round...forget who posted it.

Also I agree with bb...how are you going to say that bowe had more power than Tyson!?  Bowe was big and strong but just cause you have size doesnt mean you are going to punch harder than someone smaller.  Tyson was amazing at setting his body and getting full force behind his punches...a taller man wouold have a lot of trouble doing that, especially bowe at 6 foot 5...iron mike through punches with every muscle in his body which took amazing coordination and years of intense training AND genetics.  Tyson also had the chin...that beating Holyfield took in the 10th I think Tyson would of been able to take it and not go down as well.  Look at the beating Holy gave mike in round 10 of their first fight.  That's actually a really good hw fight that doesnt get much attention anymore. 

Here's round 10 (of Holy-Tyson) if you havent seen:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKUGS...elated&search=

umm no tyson wouldnt have been able to take them punches holyfield took off bowe tyson got caught in that 10th round vs holyfield and didnt recover so that should tell u something i like tyson but i think bowe would beat him on inside tyson got caught with about 20 secs left in the round couple more secs and he would of been koed tyson hasnt got the heart or chin holyfield has and that uppercut that lifted holyfield head almost off his shoulders was amazing tyson would of been koed in that round ps thanks for the person that sc me i always get sc for saying someone would of beaten tyson because people believe he was unbeatable its all bs in my eyes and i dont mind admitting it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of people have the 10th round as one of the top hw rounds in history. There was a post here a couple months ago about the round...forget who posted it.

Also I agree with bb...how are you going to say that bowe had more power than Tyson!? Bowe was big and strong but just cause you have size doesnt mean you are going to punch harder than someone smaller. Tyson was amazing at setting his body and getting full force behind his punches...a taller man wouold have a lot of trouble doing that, especially bowe at 6 foot 5...iron mike through punches with every muscle in his body which took amazing coordination and years of intense training AND genetics. Tyson also had the chin...that beating Holyfield took in the 10th I think Tyson would of been able to take it and not go down as well. Look at the beating Holy gave mike in round 10 of their first fight. That's actually a really good hw fight that doesnt get much attention anymore.

Here's round 10 (of Holy-Tyson) if you havent seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKUGS...elated&search=

umm no tyson wouldnt have been able to take them punches holyfield took off bowe tyson got caught in that 10th round vs holyfield and didnt recover so that should tell u something i like tyson but i think bowe would beat him on inside tyson got caught with about 20 secs left in the round couple more secs and he would of been koed tyson hasnt got the heart or chin holyfield has and that uppercut that lifted holyfield head almost off his shoulders was amazing no way tyson would of been koed in that round ps thanks for the person that sc me i always get sc for saying someone would of beaten tyson because people believe he was unbeatable its all bs in my eyes and i dont mind admitting it
    wasnt me that sc you, I enjoyed the post It got me to look at Holyfield-Bowe round 10 and Holyfield-Tyson round 10 again! I will give a cc. Anyways, first off a prime tyson would of never been hit with the punches that Bowe hit Holy with... the fight wouldnt of even made in to round 10. But the statement about bowe having more power than tyson is ridiculous!! If you watch enough Tyson...and not his bad years you will see that he had heart and chin...and good amounts of both. He took a BEATING from lewis and kept fighting until finally being ko'd, but lewis said after he couldn't believe all the punches tyson was able to take. Again, when he fought Botha he was getting beat pretty bad...botha landed some flush shots and it didnt faze mike. Tyson didnt have the chin or heart of hoylfield, but DEFINITELY had more chin, heart, and power than Bowe! You must admit defeat!

ICB Guest

umm no tyson wouldnt have been able to take them punches holyfield took off bowe tyson got caught in that 10th round vs holyfield and didnt recover so that should tell u something i like tyson but i think bowe would beat him on inside tyson got caught with about 20 secs left in the round couple more secs and he would of been koed tyson hasnt got the heart or chin holyfield has and that uppercut that lifted holyfield head almost off his shoulders was amazing no way tyson would of been koed in that round ps thanks for the person that sc me i always get sc for saying someone would of beaten tyson because people believe he was unbeatable its all bs in my eyes and i dont mind admitting it
    wasnt me that sc you, I enjoyed the post It got me to look at Holyfield-Bowe round 10 and Holyfield-Tyson round 10 again! I will give a cc. Anyways, first off a prime tyson would of never been hit with the punches that Bowe hit Holy with... the fight wouldnt of even made in to round 10. But the statement about bowe having more power than tyson is ridiculous!! If you watch enough Tyson...and not his bad years you will see that he had heart and chin...and good amounts of both. He took a BEATING from lewis and kept fighting until finally being ko'd, but lewis said after he couldn't believe all the punches tyson was able to take. Again, when he fought Botha he was getting beat pretty bad...botha landed some flush shots and it didnt faze mike. Tyson didnt have the chin or heart of hoylfield, but DEFINITELY had more chin, heart, and power than Bowe! You must admit defeat!
    cc back yep maybe he has more power than bowe but bowe has hell of a chin and heart look at all bowe vs holy fights plus he took one of worse hw batterings ive ever seen in 2nd with golota and still tried to fight back

Thread Information