Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Eubank said he could of had Hamed punching with "1.25 tonnes of pressure"!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank said he could of had Hamed punching with "1.25 tonnes of pressure"!

Reporter: "What do you think of this whole debacle with the trainers, the different trainers and the lack of sparring and so forth.."

Eubank: "I'd train Naseem myself. I've got a lot of affection for this kid, I've known him since he was a boy and I know how much boxing meant to him. If people aren't doing their jobs, if his brothers are acting like clowns, I'd step in, fire who needs to be fired and just train Naseem myself. It's physicality, I have my knowlegde of the martial arts which is all about distance, timing, actions and reactions. I'd train Naseem to knock Barrera out. I'd have his muscles stretched to the bone, learn him how to absorb punches effectively and have him punching with 1.25 tonnes of pressure. Then on top of that we'd bring the psychological aspects into the equation, I'd learn him about psychological dominance and the art of war and bestow upon him my philosophies of combat. It would be a winning formula."

Reporter: "And you think your qualified to take over as Naz's trainer?"

Eubank: "You see, I knew my craft as well as anybody in my opinion because I really wasn't blessed with much natural ability and was a late starter to boot, it took me more gym hours to learn moves and punches than others who reached the top and I had to literally create my own physicality. But uhh, it's upto Naz, you know?"

--

How is that possible? 1.25 tonnes

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank said he could of had Hamed punching with "1.25 tonnes of pressure"!

Haha - good ol' Chris.

It is true to say he wasn'y massively naturally talented - the gym in the states where he first learned to box were astonished when he came over here and 'made it'. He succeeded through hard work and perspiration rather than his natural gifts, plus he always struggled to make weight.

But 'knowledge of martial arts', 'muscles stretched to the bone', 'philosophies of combat' - typical Chris twaddle, bless him.

The 1.25 tonnes fo presure is just maths (I think) - if you divide the force delivered by the surface area, you get the pressure. So, someone like Mike Tyson would divide the force of his punch by the area of his knuckles.

Logically then, even the tiniest force could deliver more pressure by being delivered through a smaller surface area (this is why pins pierce the skin, but pencils don't). I wouldn't bother getting onto the logic or the maths though, becasue don't forget this is Chris talking, so it will be psychobabble at best !!!!

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank said he could of had Hamed punching with "1.25 tonnes of pressure"!

Heehee. Id like to see Eubank as his trainer, would be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Haha - good ol' Chris.

It is true to say he wasn'y massively naturally talented - the gym in the states where he first learned to box were astonished when he came over here and 'made it'. He succeeded through hard work and perspiration rather than his natural gifts, plus he always struggled to make weight.

But 'knowledge of martial arts', 'muscles stretched to the bone', 'philosophies of combat' - typical Chris twaddle, bless him.

The 1.25 tonnes fo presure is just maths (I think) - if you divide the force delivered by the surface area, you get the pressure. So, someone like Mike Tyson would divide the force of his punch by the area of his knuckles.

Logically then, even the tiniest force could deliver more pressure by being delivered through a smaller surface area (this is why pins pierce the skin, but pencils don't). I wouldn't bother getting onto the logic or the maths though, becasue don't forget this is Chris talking, so it will be psychobabble at best !!!!

are you saying that because hamed is smaller than average he necessarily hits harder? i dont understand you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Eubank said in the first place doesnt really make much sense...

but what X is trying to say is:
    Pressure = Force / Area
    Thats a fact.

So if there are two guys who have the same force behind their punch but one of them had a smaller fist area, the guy with the smaller fist would put more pressure on the person or thing he punched.

I dont think this makes much difference tho since boxers generally wear gloves :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was said just after Barrera fight btw (I think).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTabin
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    Haha - good ol' Chris.

are you saying that because hamed is smaller than average he necessarily hits harder? i dont understand you.
    I think Voodoodude explained it better than I did?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information