Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: What would the result be

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinidad Vs Margarito, an epic slugfest

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Trinidad Vs Margarito, an epic slugfest

Who would win this battle, I see Trinidad in a brutal 4th round knockout as a result of Margarito trying to brawl with Tito. It would end up an exciting fight in my opinion but I just don't see Margarito having the fire power to deal with Tito present or past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trinidad Vs Margarito, an epic slugfest

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

Who would win this battle, I see Trinidad in a brutal 4th round knockout as a result of Margarito trying to brawl with Tito. It would end up an exciting fight in my opinion but I just don't see Margarito having the fire power to deal with Tito present or past.
    i think with a really good trainer margarito could be this era's tito...
    i think thats where his appeal is, hes an entertaining fighter and he gots hands of stone, also the whole thing with challenging the best and all that promotion has obv done him good...
    but i duno man, i think tito is just a tier above him and plus tito is just such a likeable character, mann i could chat all day about tito, but for the sake of not boring yo ass off i'll give prediction..
    i say prob 5th or 6th stoppage.. much like the mayorga fight except i dont believe margarito's chin would hold up the same... plus for the sake of arguement i would say tony wouldnt move up further then light middle.. and tito is a bad bad man at welter or light middle
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BodyHead

i think thats where his appeal is, hes an entertaining fighter and he gots hands of stone, also the whole thing with challenging the best and all that promotion has obv done him good...
    but i duno man, i think tito is just a tier above him and plus tito is just such a likeable character, mann i could chat all day about tito, but for the sake of not boring yo a** off i'll give prediction..
    i say prob 5th or 6th stoppage.. much like the mayorga fight except i dont believe margarito's chin would hold up the same... plus for the sake of arguement i would say tony wouldnt move up further then light middle.. and tito is a bad bad man at welter or light middle
    peace
    CC. Well written. He does remind me of Tito more than anybody else fighting right now, but his career had a slow start and now he is coming into his own, I need a Cotto fight as soon as possible.

El Kabong Guest

Tito HANDS DOWN....just under Tommy Hearns as one of the hardest punchers at Welterweight....(though Ray Robinson should be up there too)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but i duno man, i think tito is just a tier above him and plus tito is just such a likeable character, mann i could chat all day about tito, but for the sake of not boring yo a** off i'll give prediction..
    peace
    CC. Well written. He does remind me of Tito more than anybody else fighting right now, but his career had a slow start and now he is coming into his own, I need a Cotto fight as soon as possible.
    thanks bro cc backatcher!
    you want to see a cotto fight? or a margarito cotto fight?..
    you know i would like to see it too, i mean there has been small talk of tito and cotto having a fight if they ever happen to meet in a certain division...
    and i would like to see if margarito can give cotto trouble! if he could.. i would strongly favour tito in that fight...
    but right now? im not too sure of it.. thou i doubt cotto and tito will ever meet
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

peace
    you know i would like to see it too, i mean there has been small talk of tito and cotto having a fight if they ever happen to meet in a certain division...
    and i would like to see if margarito can give cotto trouble! if he could.. i would strongly favour tito in that fight...
    but right now? im not too sure of it.. thou i doubt cotto and tito will ever meet
    peace
    I meant Cotto Vs Margarito, I agree with you that Trinidad and Cotto should or will never meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

peace
    peace
    I meant Cotto Vs Margarito, I agree with you that Trinidad and Cotto should or will never meet.
    one thing that has bugged me ever since my man tito retired is.. that i just can seem to follow another fighter in the same way as i did tito...
    and i always knew he wasnt the best fighter out there and that he was one dimensional, but with his great power all his attributes , how he always fought the big competition, his popularity and all this couple with his vulnerablility was like no other fighter ive ever been a big fan of...
    of all the great fighters of recent years like roy jones, odlh, sugar shane, winky wright, etc etc...
    they have all had such great skill and attributes that they were barely ever favoured to loose...
    but yet tito was undefeated in 40 fights before he fought bernard, and he always took the big fights!!
    and now im thinking do i want tito to come back or not?
    come back make me happy?..... but risk his record and legacy...
    stay retired .. his legacy stays in tact , but the fans still miss him, and if he were to come back and win a huge fight it would double his legacy...
    but in 9 out of ten comebacks they cast shadow on theyr legacy and its probably not worth it...
    i havnt really followed a fighter like i have tito since he's gone, i dont think theres another like him
    sucks! :P.. wish there were more prospects around the middle divisions at the moment... theres a few but none ive taken a great fancy to!!
    there was escobedo but he didnt have a great night atall last time he fought!
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 of my fave fighters,Trinidad would win though unless Tony is MUCH tougher than I think and can take Tito's blows in which case he would swamp him OR he would be more cautious like he was against the bigger banging Cintron and take on the counter punching role.throwing less but throwing faster. Whatever the scenario,the winner would be Tito but dam what a fight it would be!! CC for the imagination BB!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but i duno man, i think tito is just a tier above him and plus tito is just such a likeable character, mann i could chat all day about tito, but for the sake of not boring yo ass off i'll give prediction..
    peace
    Tito had coordination

Tito had timing

Tito had beautiful shots

Tito had speed

Tito had a jab

Tito had quick counters

Tito didn't look like an octopus when he swung

Margarito "talks" about wanting to fight the best and then lets his promoter make sure he doesnt and they say he's ducked.

Tito talked about it and WAS about it and did it and won.

Margarito will never compare to Tito, even in entertainment or exposure value.

Thats my opinion

But I think at 47 Tito would mop the floor with Margarito the same way he did Blocker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although your outlook is harsh Starr,I see where you are coming from although with the great fighters around at 147,if Tony can get some of them in the ring,he can be just as entertaining,I mean his fights with Lujan etc are entertaining so imagine how great fights with Cotto,PBF etc etc would be!!

And the only thinkg I totally disagree with is talking about wanting to fight the best but then avoiding,like who? He wants to fight PBF(:the best)Mosley(in negotiations) etc etc...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito by first round knock out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito by knockout in first 5.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Although your outlook is harsh Starr,I see where you are coming from although with the great fighters around at 147,if Tony can get some of them in the ring,he can be just as entertaining,I mean his fights with Lujan etc are entertaining so imagine how great fights with Cotto,PBF etc etc would be!!
    Yeah, it will be immensly entertaining to see him get picked apart if he ever fights the best welters or lt middle's, but I have to say I agree with Starr about everything else. by your logic, I used to beat the crap out of my little brother in very exciting fights, imagine how exciting it would be to see me face Trinidad myself.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Err... I guess we did have a truce LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Yeah, it will be immensly entertaining to see him get picked apart if he ever fights the best welters or lt middle's, but I have to say I agree with Starr about everything else. by your logic, I used to beat the crap out of my little brother in very exciting fights, imagine how exciting it would be to see me face Trinidad myself.
    LMAO,here we go again......

Like I said,Tony has NOT fought the best quality opposition,but he has not fought bums as you try to insinuate by likening it to beating your lil bro(not that your lil bro is a bum!).Like I say,6 heads,Diaz,Gomez,Cintron,etc etc no world class fighter but not bums!! You say they are because you are biased against Tony!

Thread Information