Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Headaches after sparring.

So has anybody else got that?
    You go a few good rounds with somebody, he hits you with some wicked shots then for a couple of days later your head, everytime its moved, aches.
    Its a real pain in the ass, and its starting to worry me slightly...unless you lot say its normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Headaches after sparring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoie
    You go a few good rounds with somebody, he hits you with some wicked shots then for a couple of days later your head, everytime its moved, aches.
    Its a real pain in the ass, and its starting to worry me slightly...unless you lot say its normal.
    its alright mate ... its nothin serious, i used to get them when i stepped up to spar with better or bigger partners and stuff... its maybe half the fact that your a bit tense and also of course your getting hit..
    is nothin to worry about thou.. just take it in your stride and maybe you'll find if your more relaxed and chilled out they'll just go away..
    ive been hit with some real bangers since n i havnt had a headache for a long time now
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ye they tend to go away after a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i onced sparred with an ex para who was the former army welterweight champ, and he hit me so hard on my temple i had a head ache for about a week. its nothin to worry about mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    i onced sparred with an ex para who was the former army welterweight champ, and he hit me so hard on my temple i had a head ache for about a week. its nothin to worry about mate.
    lol :P
    yeh i think it does have a slight part to do with where you been hit too!
    pretty much jus keep your head moving so you dont get hit right on the button qutie as often!
    like i seem to remember that if ive been hit in the head that can bring on a headache..
    i got hit bang on the ear quite hard by my boy with the last shot of sparring and they was ringin for about 20 minutes lol
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can compare it to American Football, the first week of training camp you think you got hit by a truck. the neck gets stiff and so on.. after a few weeks of training camp , you don't feel any pain at all. its about getting use to it. it takes a little time for the body to adjust to the new trauma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well thank god for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoie
    Its a real pain in the a**, and its starting to worry me slightly...unless you lot say its normal.
    GUYZ I GOT HIT IN THE HEAD AND NOW I GOT A HEADACHE, I CANT SEE HOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

some people..
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well considering nobody else has ever spoke of it, and ive sparred before but never had it, i thought it was worth asking. And considering its your HEAD.

Satisfied?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jamoie dont worry about it, its probably a small Haeomorrhage in the brain. Ive known people to live up to a week with that problem
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's normal. I know people who get headaches from hitting the heavy bag and sparring. Usually the more conditioned you are the less you're going to get these minor headaches. You should only start worrying if things get worst say you get migraines or the occasional blackout
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I remember once having a kid complaining of headaches after a fight and against his wishes took him to the nearest Hospital after the diagnosis I was told if we had left it another 4 hours he would have died. Hindsight is a wonder full thing, and he was no mug being a former World champ, it can happen to anyone at any time noboddys exempt.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    It's normal. I know people who get headaches from hitting the heavy bag and sparring. Usually the more conditioned you are the less you're going to get these minor headaches. You should only start worrying if things get worst say you get migraines or the occasional blackout
    its interesting ... like you say conditioning is a big factor.. if you are over weight and have high blood pressure you will have severe headaches and possibly stroke out . When exerting yourself in any form of rigorous cardio exercise, its very important to get a check up by a doctor before taking on any boxing related activities !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's two-fold, when you are starting out with a new sport like boxing there's alot your body has to do to get conditioned for it. Getting head aches, and getting winded is related to the overall fitness of the athlete. On the flipside when you're better conditioned it's easier to protect yourself without worrying about catching your breath.

You can also get headaches from not drinking enough water which is a side effect of dehydration.

Sometime it just takes a unlucky punch to cuase bleeding inside your head that can kill you. Sometimes you can catch the symptoms early enough like Scrap did, at worst you might not even feel a thing. But you're right if you have health problems or any concerns you should talk it out with your doctor.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information