At what weight? 168?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe: "Jermain Taylor is The Fight I Want"

why not kessler? he is in the same division and both undefeated . its a better fight . he should fight taylor after the kessler fight if he wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. Fighting Taylor (while still a pretty good matchup) is trying to cover that he's scared of Kessler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone let Joe know that Taylor IS NOT that big of a name. Other than real fight fans noone has heard of Taylor. He should do the right thing and fight Kessler. Im sure he'd make more $$$ fighting Kessler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler has some medical issues that will keep him sidelined until summer. I think Calzaghe -vs- Taylor is a good scrap !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Kessler has some medical issues that will keep him sidelined until summer. I think Calzaghe -vs- Taylor is a good scrap !
    What is wrong with Kess? If this is true i doubt they will ever fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    why not kessler? he is in the same division and both undefeated . its a better fight . he should fight taylor after the kessler fight if he wins
    Agreed.

IWO, Kessler is the career defining match up.

Not Hopkins. Not Jones. Not Wright. Not Tarver & certainly NOT Taylor. IWO...Taylor is the easy way out.

Kessler is probably the most risky option out there...but if Joe wants to retire with a record...he needs Kessler.

I have honestly begun to see it that way...he needs Kessler just as much as Kessler needs Joe.

The thing is...Joe says Kessler aint that well known...but he is. Boxing aint so much for the common man anymore...everyone knows Mikkel's name now. Everyone's heard the stories & seen the clips...Joe needs to do this.

If he did...& won...fwockit...retire.

There's nothing else, IWO, that Joe really needs to do after that. Especially if he were to come out & shut Kess out like he did Lacy...which I don't believe will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hench
    Exactly. Fighting Taylor (while still a pretty good matchup) is trying to cover that he's scared of Kessler.
    I'm starting to think that Joe believes Kessler aint a big enough name...which IWO equates to...Joe thinks that it's too much risk & too little reward...which equates to...IWO...Joe is scared.

Then again...we don't & won't know all the facts as fans...& the same could be said for Kessler...he might be too scared of Joe. The thing is...everyone is already passing judgement on Calzaghe...when nothing is set in stone.

If he wants Taylor due to the fact that Taylor beat B-Hop...then fine...but before I nail Joe up...I'm just gonna wait & see what happens.

IWO...if you want to be the champ...UNDISPUTED & UNIFIED...which...no matter what either of them says...they want that...then you gotta beat the only legit threat out there...the guy with the other belts & the hefty ranking.

Honestly...I believe that, had Beyer won...shocked the world & won...Joe would be all over that match up.

I could be wrong...but I doubt it on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Can someone let Joe know that Taylor IS NOT that big of a name. Other than real fight fans noone has heard of Taylor. He should do the right thing and fight Kessler. Im sure he'd make more $$$ fighting Kessler.
    Actually...Taylor is a pretty big name & he's got a better record than Kess...it's just a drop down the ladder.

A lot of people outside of the sport's square circle have seen & know about him. He's been all over ESPN on talk shows & he's getting to be a pretty big thing of late.

He'd make less cash fighting Kessler & less of an impression in the U.S. doing so.

I want Kessler Calzaghe more than I do Calzaghe Taylor, though.

Hadn't heard that yet...but it don't surprise me...

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    What is wrong with Kess? If this is true i doubt they will ever fight.
    Which is exactly what I said on another thread. I will be surprised as fwock if this fight comes off. Somebody will get injured or scream foul on the offers.

Wait & see.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got to disagree with Wacko on how well known J Taylor is. Boxing has lost its glory(in the USA). Ask the average sports fan about boxing and he'd probably talk about Ali or Tyson. Im sure Kessler is a much more well known name around the world than Taylor. And by "world" I mean the USA and europe. I dont see people in the USA putting down 50$ to see Joe fight. In europe? It could be one of the biggest fights ever(Joe vs Kess that is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why is Joe so concerned with impressing us (America)? is he really concerned about that or is that a front?

I was very disappointed when I heard he didn't want to fight kessler, and Im an American

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd personally love to see Taylor hand Joe the beat down He's got coming to him , He may be at a lower weight division but no-one can tell me Kessler and Joe have a better all round ability than bad intentions, As far as i know Kessler is local, Just about known around Europe but after Taylor beat b-hop his name was all over the place and he would certainly be a better option for Joe, I mean who the hell would care if he beat Kessler?, I know it puts another decent scalp on his record but these days it's about the big names in America that you have to beat, And i completely disagree with Wacko as far as Winky or Taylor being the "easy option" because apart from the weight differences (which wouldn't be a problem imo) Joe has no advantage over those two what so ever,

Joe and Kessler are the same, Both have weaknesses in their game that can be exposed and both are scared to step out of their back yards!!.

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightinfireman
    why is Joe so concerned with impressing us (America)? is he really concerned about that or is that a front?

I was very disappointed when I heard he didn't want to fight kessler, and Im an American
    It’s important to get a big fan base ! why exclude America or any country for that matter ? You want to make top dollar before you retire. America is a huge fight market !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You want to make top dollar before you retire. America is a huge fight market !
    Huge for who? Tyson could still command big $$$. Wlad and a few others. Joe "whats his name from england"? Not even on the radar. Its too bad he didnt try this a few years ago. Far to late now. Joe will NEVER become a "name" outside of europe. He should take on Kessler. If the amount of post on Joe on saddo are any indication JC vs MK would be HUGE in europe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we should be impressed with Joe if he fights Kessler, Taylor, Hopkins (althought no chance in hell of this happening) OR Wright in the next year. That is definently making an effort to win over critics and fighting the top. You can't define a guy whether he makes one certain fight. But if he tries to get a good fight, and get a good fight. Kudos to Joe. I just don't know if that much of an effort is realing being made besides lip service.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information