Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default pbf afraid of same faith happened to roy jones

I guess im a floyd fan but this is frustrating his really hasn't beating anyone worth making floyd remember as all time great...we will all jst remember him as a good talent but retired not fighting everyone...how can you walk around saying your the best but ignore the challenges of the likes of a margarito.

lets face it...how good are the guys floyd fought...baldomir seemed like a threat everyone made it to be but baldomir was hype up because he beat who floyd has already beaten.

its upsetting floyd wants to retire not fighting every one out there.its funny he wants to fight old oscar del hoya.

omg we all witness how good he loooks but if you think about it smartly his been fighting class B fighters...zab schooled him though for the first half but zab gas out thats when floyd look good.

floyd is the biggest opportunist he"ll take any easy way to win...

if he retires good we will just forget him because all he was was a good talent that had no legendary fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: pbf afraid of same faith happened to roy jones

Quote Originally Posted by true p4p king
    I guess im a floyd fan but this is frustrating his really hasn't beating anyone worth making floyd remember as all time great...we will all jst remember him as a good talent but retired not fighting everyone...how can you walk around saying your the best but ignore the challenges of the likes of a margarito.

lets face it...how good are the guys floyd fought...baldomir seemed like a threat everyone made it to be but baldomir was hype up because he beat who floyd has already beaten.

its upsetting floyd wants to retire not fighting every one out there.its funny he wants to fight old oscar del hoya.

omg we all witness how good he loooks but if you think about it smartly his been fighting class B fighters...zab schooled him though for the first half but zab gas out thats when floyd look good.

if he retires good we will just forget him because all he was was a good talent that had no legendary fight.
    wrong ....wrong and wrong!! PBF is fighting the best out there!! He just beat the recognized WW champ....a legit champ...by throwing out Margarito's name only fuels how off this post is...margarito has fought far less stellar opposition than PBF....Gomez....Losing to Santos....Andrew Lewis?? Kyvelos please!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has no legendary fight because he dominates all opposition. It's pretty hard to have a memorable fight when you are outlanding your opponent by 150 punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if Floyd beats Tony, will he be great?
    I don't think Margarito is exactly what a lot of people want him to be.
    He throws a lot of looping shots and I think he'd get peppered with counters all night against Floyd.
    So let's say Floyd beats Tony. Then what? His detractors will say, "Well, Tony never really beat anyone out there anyways. Let's see him fight someone proven!"
    So let's say he goes on to beat Mosley or Oscar.
    His detractors could then say, "Well, Floyd just beat an over-the-hill fighter! So what?"

So what can Floyd do to please his detractors? I really want to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Floyd Jr. should go back down to 140 to showcase more of his power. At 147, i dont think he cant stand in front of Margarito and xchange toe2toe. only way is to fight like he did on sat vs Baldo.

Im betting Dec 2 card on Showtime will feature much more exciting fights with Margarito and Cotto on the same card than the run-around that happened on saturday. it was boring. pretty boy has got no fireworks. what was the gladiator entrance all about? he didnt look like a gladiator to the majority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why on the roy jones comparison, mayweather-baldomir looked similar to jones-ruiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't understand how people can say floyd hasn't fought anyone talented because he hasn't fought margarito. what kind of shit is that.

the fact that floyd still fought judah after he lost to baldomir shows that he wants the best. even thought judah lost to baldomir it was still clear the judah was the tougher challenge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006

He has no legendary fight because he dominates all opposition. It's pretty hard to have a memorable fight when you are outlanding your opponent by 150 punches.

Good job fighting the haters man, keep it up.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    wrong ....wrong and wrong!! PBF is fighting the best out there!! He just beat the recognized WW champ....a legit champ...by throwing out Margarito's name only fuels how off this post is...margarito has fought far less stellar opposition than PBF....Gomez....Losing to Santos....Andrew Lewis?? Kyvelos please!!!!
    I completely understand where you are coming from BigRagu and all you Floyd fans....I like Floyd but I just expect more from him because he calls himself one of the best all time fighters.

The deal with Margarito, Hatton, and Cotto is simple they are THREATS whether percieved or real these guys are big, they have high workrates, they have power, they have good chins, they like to brawl.

Now if PBF was to just humiliate ONE of them I'd be more happy calling him a great.

With Mosley and De la Hoya.....those guys have LEGACIES, they are already hall of fame greats and even TRYING to fight them would be worthy of the label GREAT IMO.

Winky Wright is the toughest...he's big, he's great on defense, Floyd can't hurt him simple as that.......sort of reminds me of Leonard-Hagler....you have a naturally big guy vs a very talented fighter and it's a toss up fight.

I like Floyd but I expect more from him than anyone else because he's not an average boxer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I completely understand where you are coming from BigRagu and all you Floyd fans....I like Floyd but I just expect more from him because he calls himself one of the best all time fighters.

The deal with Margarito, Hatton, and Cotto is simple they are THREATS whether percieved or real these guys are big, they have high workrates, they have power, they have good chins, they like to brawl.

Now if PBF was to just humiliate ONE of them I'd be more happy calling him a great.

With Mosley and De la Hoya.....those guys have LEGACIES, they are already hall of fame greats and even TRYING to fight them would be worthy of the label GREAT IMO.

Winky Wright is the toughest...he's big, he's great on defense, Floyd can't hurt him simple as that.......sort of reminds me of Leonard-Hagler....you have a naturally big guy vs a very talented fighter and it's a toss up fight.

I like Floyd but I expect more from him than anyone else because he's not an average boxer!
    I'd love to see Mayweather Mosley or DeLaHoya, but at this stage, if Floyd wins, no one will give him credit and say that they were both washed up anyway. PBF's only fighting if the money is right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what I said was why is he ignoring margaritos challenge not that margorito is who he should beat to be great.my point was he should take on any one making noize if he wants to be labled all time great he needs to accept any challenge and take on anyone treating.floyd is the most dissapointing talent out there because he honestly hand picks oppenents like a business man not like an ali or any other great fighter that fought everyone.

compared to roy because pretty boy is retiring early not like jones who look invinsable til he finally got caught with a k.o...punch changed his whole career.kinda smart for floyd quiting early or maybe just afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

exactly thanks for keeping an open mind.I too expect more from floyd if I may seem hating its only because I know how talented he is but he won't just silent everyone go and beat cotto hatton margorito etc...the oscar fight is only about money that alone shows floyds character his not after proving his great if he was he`d be fighting anyone who mentions his name.
    honestly I can't see floyd beating winky in a fair weight.and j.t just had a draw fight with winky so to me floyd isn't even p4p king.floyd has been dominant but against names nowhere near a hopkins trinidad mosley barrera morales...notice j.t winky and pac has taken those legendary names out.who does floyd have on his resume....zab gatti costillo coralles...would floyd look so dominant against the names pac winky and j.t has beaten...floyd is wasting his talent not showing balls since he can't get a big name fight go silent those around you making noises prove your truelly dominant.atleast call them all out.now he wants to retire what a waste of talent we then will never know what if he fought guys he didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think he will retire after one more fight. theres no way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else notice that as soon as Mayweather destroys someone they go from A class to B or C class?

Baldo was on a huge win streak over good opposition and was lineal Welterweight champion... Thats hardly poor opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hous
    Anyone else notice that as soon as Mayweather destroys someone they go from A class to B or C class?

Baldo was on a huge win streak over good opposition and was lineal Welterweight champion... Thats hardly poor opposition.
    Bang on buddy! IMO Floyd is a extremely talented boxer, however i dont think his body can handle much more weight jumping. He hasnt got the power to go to light Middle and trouble anyones chin. He will have to relay on that punching and moving tactics and against other quick guys like Shane Mosley and ODLH that could be VERY risky.

Thread Information