2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kessler offers Calzaghe $3,4 mill

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    There aint no freaking way on earth Calzaghe should even consider taking that fight in Denmark. Like it or not, kessler is a NOBODY - i still believe Kessler should be the next fight for joe. But Joe is the boy at SMw right now, he has been for over 8 years, i mean its even laughable why anyone would think he should go there to fight him... even now people wont even consider saying anything bad about hopkins for not fighting Joe for HIS biggest purse at the time in the USA!

after the buyer fight it was all "yeah kessler will fight him even in england coz hes to gooood" now its oh we are offering him big money to fight kessler in kesslers back yard. Big change of tune don't you think?

i want to see calzaghe spank him, but id rather he didnt go fight a nobody in thier back yard, im not questiong kesslers skills, but he aint done S***, he knows it, you know it and his team know it! all calzaghe will get from beating him is 2 betls, normaly that would sound good, but all he gets is to belts. He can fight some guy called manfredo, get pucka time on HBO for the us to see him beat a tailor made fighter in impressive stly to lead to a 'mega fight v taylor' or he cud risk all that to fight kessler who has the WORLD to gain from beating/robbing joe in denamrk, fk that plain and simple...

It is easy to jump on the 'we hate crapzaghe' bang wagon coz the kessler team came out and made so much noise about fighitng joe, but now they are changing their tune completly, you gotta ask ur self why

but if the money is in Denmark so be it, whats the problem?
    sven Otte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by barbaro
    calzaghe would struggle to beat a pumpkin let alone kessler.
    you probably didnt see the lacy fight then eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There aint no freaking way on earth Calzaghe should even consider taking that fight in Denmark. Like it or not, kessler is a NOBODY - i still believe Kessler should be the next fight for joe. But Joe is the boy at SMw right now, he has been for over 8 years, i mean its even laughable why anyone would think he should go there to fight him... even now people wont even consider saying anything bad about hopkins for not fighting Joe for HIS biggest purse at the time in the USA!

after the buyer fight it was all "yeah kessler will fight him even in england coz hes to gooood" now its oh we are offering him big money to fight kessler in kesslers back yard. Big change of tune don't you think?

i want to see calzaghe spank him, but id rather he didnt go fight a nobody in thier back yard, im not questiong kesslers skills, but he aint done S***, he knows it, you know it and his team know it! all calzaghe will get from beating him is 2 betls, normaly that would sound good, but all he gets is to belts. He can fight some guy called manfredo, get pucka time on HBO for the us to see him beat a tailor made fighter in impressive stly to lead to a 'mega fight v taylor' or he cud risk all that to fight kessler who has the WORLD to gain from beating/robbing joe in denamrk, fk that plain and simple...

It is easy to jump on the 'we hate crapzaghe' bang wagon coz the kessler team came out and made so much noise about fighitng joe, but now they are changing their tune completly, you gotta ask ur self why

sven Otte

Sven Ottke was from Germany,not Denmark
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    I agree the Kessler fight would be a better "Fight" But feel the name of the game now is cracking the US and he needs to do it fast
    F*ck it i'll text him and get it from the Horses mouth
    To link together the subjects of two seperate threads, do you think that by going to the states he should be fighting a mouthy regional fighter Manfredo? I don't think it will do him any good unless he gets a big fight there, beating someone that most of the boxing world believe to be a half-decent fighter at best will do nothing for him except propagate the discontent started by the haters.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    He beat Mundane in Australia Lyle.
    and he didn't even KO him

Wowuweewow 2 out of 38 fights outside of DENMARK...not even outside of Europe.

Kessler is gay, he looks like a pussy little UFC fighter with those goofy ass tatoos!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg

sven Otte

point was, sven lost, and everyone knows it, but coz it was always back home, he walked away the winner...

calzaghe doesn't need kessler, kessler needs calzaghe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg

sven Otte

point was, sven lost, and everyone knows it, but coz it was always back home, he walked away the winner...

calzaghe doesn't need kessler, kessler needs calzaghe
    The Ottke comparison fits much better on Calzaghe than on Kessler.
    German/british markeds compareable. Calzaghe doesn't need to persue big fights (he just pretends) His fans are loyal enough and the UK marked is big enough that he can make heaps of money fighting whoever he cares to. Only real diff is Ottke wasn't with WBO so he actually HAD to face the occational mandatory.
    Although Calzaghe has (so far) never needed gift decissions - if he did - no doubt it's just as likely in the UK as anywhere.

Higly amusing to hear a Calzaghe fan use the Ottke comparison - When Calzaghe himself so obviously fits it much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

Kessler is gay, he looks like a pussy little UFC fighter with those goofy a** tatoos!
    Easier there Tiger, I train MMA and have extensive tattoo work.....

How would you feel if someone called you a Carolina pussy with a Goofy haircut...Well atleast they would be tellin you the truth...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Kessler is gay, he looks like a pussy little UFC fighter with those goofy a** tatoos!

How would you feel if someone called you a Carolina pussy with a Goofy haircut...Well atleast they would be tellin you the truth...
    Ouch!! After balatantly abusing Lyle this week, Im having a "be nice to Lyle week" now...

Go easy fella, he's taken enough this week!!

El Kabong Guest

.....is one barb wire?

I don't mind tatoos but it's the ridiculous ones.....like Kessler's....people always tell me, "my tatoos mean stuff to me" and everyone has the EXACT SAME ONES!!!! Superman, barb wire, crosses, eagles, dragons, celtic, tribal....blah blah blah. I would have angry eyebrows tatooed on me.....that would psych them out!

also haircuts are much cheaper to fix

....no offense bro

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This just in!!!!!

Great DANE Kessler = Svenn Ottke

I will not trust that guy until he fights in the US or at least outside of his home country or Germany
    So you don't trust Calzaghe than, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.....is one barb wire?

I don't mind tatoos but it's the ridiculous ones.....like Kessler's....people always tell me, "my tatoos mean stuff to me" and everyone has the EXACT SAME ONES!!!! Superman, barb wire, crosses, eagles, dragons, celtic, tribal....blah blah blah. I would have angry eyebrows tatooed on me.....that would psych them out!

also haircuts are much cheaper to fix

....no offense bro
    I know I'm Messin what you Bro .....I can HONESTLY say that my Tats are all original and I came up with the ideas for all of them I am fortunate my friend owns a very well known Tattoo shop in my area so I get the hookup .......I am a business man so I have to keep my work hidden also if I go fancy places in the summertime I look appropriate,so when I wear a Polo shirt or any other short sleeve shirt they are hidden unless I roll my Sleeves up.... But I dont have any trendy Tattoos that the next guy in the bar has...

No barbed wire or Cartoon characters, Tribal Bands or whatever the flavor of the day is....I mean its all good and well I dont judge anybody elses taste in ink I just have my preferences...

I have one that starts under my shirt collar and goes down my right shoulder and is a midevil ornamental weapons theme with my initials and the word Menace worked in there with lightning weeved in there

on the inside of my right Bicep I have a design we named a Celtic Skull.....It's simply a Skull with amazing Celtic Knotwork all intertwined real Bad ass looking

On My Left deltoid I have a Rampant(Celtic) Lion

On my Right Pectoral is Covered by a Beautiful but Badass Gargoyle sitting on the edge of a roof on a Gothic style Building......

There all done in Black and white..I'm not a big fan of color.......The best thing is when you look you wouldnt think since I dont fit the stereotypical tatted up style

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Each is trying to build their reputation in the US though, not declare it...

It's the easiest way that the fight gets made...

No one can bicker over home advantage.

The American public know of Joe, it's a unification bout and the USA or england are the same to Kessler.
    So how many tickets would a fight like this sell in the USA, you reckon?
    Not many. Disagree that the American public know of Joe--a few boxing fans definitely do, but it's not like he's a big name here. And no one here has heard of Kessler.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

The American public know of Joe, it's a unification bout and the USA or england are the same to Kessler.
    Not many. Disagree that the American public know of Joe--a few boxing fans definitely do, but it's not like he's a big name here. And no one here has heard of Kessler.
    Exactly

it wouldn't sell fuck all

Thinking the fight could, or would, take place outside of either of their countries is showing a little naivete
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

CC for shza. This is what I keep trying to say. Very few people in the USA know who Joe or Kess are. In fact most people would have no idea who Lacy is. A Joe vs Kess fight in the USA would not be a big bit gate draw but would do ok on ppv. A Joe vs Kess fight in Demark or England would,im sure, do HUGE numbers at the gate and still do well on ppv. If Joe were able to unify the super-mids he probably then would get a big name American. Untill that happens he wont be getting shat.

Thread Information