Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default School Brawls

Hi, I'm a 15 year old in high school. In my gym class, there are some kids that try to be tough and really intimidating like. I was wondering if I could get some tips on training myself, like some sort of daily routine, to fight better in case of self defense. I've had some experience since my brother used to kickbox, and I used to take tae kwon do.

ICB Guest

Default Re: School Brawls

sit ups if u have got small weights do them if not do push ups do some jogging skipping shadow boxing ect and eat right aswell dont worry about idiots like that there just morons ignore them bro

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is dangerously close to being locked.

Are there not any boxing clubs near you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thesidnet
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old in high school. In my gym class, there are some kids that try to be tough and really intimidating like. I was wondering if I could get some tips on training myself, like some sort of daily routine, to fight better in case of self defense. I've had some experience since my brother used to kickbox, and I used to take tae kwon do.

what you need to realize is that if you DO take up boxing, you will have a responsibility to use those skills wisely... Im not saying you shouldnt defend yourself, but just because you can box, you dont go round picking fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a funny transformation. at first you (well, I did anyway) get into boxing or other martial arts for self D and you think you'll kick some jerk's ass someday. then when you get better and realize where the average idiot is in the art compared to you and that you'd knock their f'in block off, you lose interest. you just laugh at those morons and walk away knowing you could have punched them out.

the average guy has very little athletic ability or coordination, let alone skill in combat sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fighting is your last option. 99% of your problem is pyschological. Play minds games to prevent the fight, if that doesnt work... then hurt him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its very strange you ask this question to start with as that was one of the reasons i begin my long journey in Thai boxing.

If anyone ever bothered me or acted tough, i felt i felt really angry and intimidated by everyone and felt i had to prove something.

But now I'm fit and good in martial arts, instead of making me want to hit people and being angry at them, its done the exact opposite and really calmed me down compared to what i use to be like, and when people talk about how tough they are, i just laugh to myself inside.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It worked the other way round for me - I was always getting into fights and bullying people, and I ended up being told to go to a gym to keep me from running around the neighbourhood after dark.

IN the gym, I was pretty darn surprised when little skinny guys would handle me in the ring quite easily, and in fact the weediest of the lot was a lights out puncher who regularly beat me up, and even enjoyed it.

I realised that it was pretty stupid to be picking fights with people I didn't know as one day I was going to get badly surprised by some geek, who would kick the shit out of me.

Later, when I did martial arts (for the right reason, this time) I thought exactly the same thing !!!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thesidnet

I KNOW WHAT UR GOING THROUGH MY FREIND I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM AT SCHOOL WHEN I WAS 15

AND ILL GIVE U THE SOLUTION(IT WORKED FOR ME).....THE NEXT TIME ONE OF THEM COMES UP AND STARTS TO BULLY YOU,GET UR RIGHT FIST AND SMASH IT IN HIS FACE AS HARD AS U CAN ,HE WILL DROP LIKE A BAG OF SHI.T CAUSE HE WONT BE EXPECTING IT OK....AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THE OTHER BULLIES,THE'LL SEE WHAT U DID TO THIS GUY AND BE TO SCARED TO FUK WITH YOU

..................U HAVE TO STICK UP FOR URSELF NO MATTER WHAT AND IF U DONT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW THEY WONT LEAVE U ALONE ...U GOTTA SHOW THEM UR NOT AFRAID AND U WONT TAKE SHI.T OF THEM AND THEY WONT MESS WITH U NOMORE,I PROMISE..... CAUSE ALL BULLIES ARE EXCATLY THE SAME ,ONCE U EXPOSE THEM FOR THE PUSSYS THEY REALLY ARE THE'LL BE UR BEST FREIND

I HOPE THIS HELPS MATE....................ITS ALWAYS GOOD IF U CAN KNOCK A FEW TEETH OUT OF THEIR HEAD!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats a bit extreme mate.

only ever through a punch if there gunna through one at you, hooray for sticking up for yourself but dont take it over board.

fights are best avoided if you can settle it with words do that, but if they get physical i would fight back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Hughesy
    thats a bit extreme mate.

only ever through a punch if there gunna through one at you, hooray for sticking up for yourself but dont take it over board.

fights are best avoided if you can settle it with words do that, but if they get physical i would fight back.
    so u would let someone push u?do u wait for them to hit u first before u retaliate?FUK THAT SHITE!

.........if someone pushes me....i kick their fukin teeth in! ps...always get the first punch in,dont wait for them to hurt you,hurt them first..

...but i doubt u even log on again to read this,same goes for the kid who started this thread!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

only punch first when you are in fear of being punched, if they are just saying shit theres no need, however if they do throw the first punch by all means beat the shit outa themlol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your a boxer your reflexes are sharp, some punk should'nt be quicker then a boxer . IMO dont start things, finish em. Dont be mindless about fights i think there best avoided especialy if there a lebo or a wog or somthing, through an un nessasery punch at someone with 374 cousins that go to the same school probably is'nt a good idea lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"In fighting, one learns how to avoid fighting" - Bruce Lee
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information