Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default featherweight to welterweight

Hello,

I am currently 125, i used to box at the featherweight division. I am about to start boxing again. I want to move up to the Welter weight division which is 140-147, So i want to get up to atleast 145. I do not want to gain any extra body fat and I also want to keep my flexibility and speed. If I go to the gym and go all out on benching I will get slower, less flexible and gain extra fat. Can somebody please help me out?

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: featherweight to welterweight

Who says that if you start benching you will get slower, this is a common misconception.

Start doing weights with low reps, high weight. ONLY big compound movements like bench press, deadlift, squat and military press.
    You go to the gym, do that for 5 reps for 5 sets, at the heaviest weight you can twice a week, and you will put on weight. Start eating more with this regime and the extra muscle will metabolise the fat you should be putting on.

Its a common old-school-trainer mistake that weights slow you down. They do, if done incorrectly. Do whats descrbied above and you may even see an improvement in your boxing.

Thread Information