Ruiz: I'm the best heavyweight!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...yFpIaVqxi.html

Two-time world heavyweight champion John "The Quietman" Ruiz (41-6-1, 28 KOs) broke training camp Thursday in Las Vegas and is in Germany for Saturday night's (Nov. 1 mandated WBA elimination fight against unbeaten Ruslan "White Tyson" Chagaev (21-0-1, 17 KOs) in Dusseldorf, Germany. The Ruiz-Chagaev winner will be the mandatory challenger for WBA heavyweight champion Nicolay Valuev. "Training camp was great," stated Ruiz last week. "I'm very happy with the way training has gone. We're ready for the fight. There's still a week to go and I'll be training a little over there. Training camp felt different from past camps. It was totally different. I worked on some new things and I really enjoyed it; not just the training but learning, moving on to bigger and better things, in my career and life." Ruiz lost his WBA title belt last December in Germany to Valuev by a controversial 12-round split decision. "Like I've said in the past," John explained, "I really enjoyed everything about Germany -- the people and country -- other than the final outcome. Valuev's been holding my belt. I've trained a lot harder for this fight so I won't have to rely on the judges for a decision. I'm not looking past Chagaev," Ruiz concluded. "He's dangerous and likes to come right at you, but that's my game. I still believe that I'm the best heavyweight in the world. When I return home with a win I'll be willing to fight any of the so called world champions