Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Antonio Margarito Suffers Leg Injury

Breaking news from http://www.pound4pound.com/main.html

According to an eyewitness on the scene, WBO Welterweight Champ Margarito did his best to walk off the pain, but after a few moments it was apparent he was not going to be able to continue with his work out.

Early prognosis...bad sprain to lower right leg, no tear. Will it force a cancellation of his December 2nd title defense against Joshua Clottey? Too soon to tell. Will it cancel a scheduled open workout set for this coming Monday? Even that is up in the air.

The tough as nails fighter had suffered this same type of injury 2 years ago and was back in the gym after a couple of days rest, and then went on to KO Sebastian Lujan in the 10th round. If Antonio has his way, both the work out and the fight will go on, but only time will tell and you can be sure Pound4Pound/Boxing2006 will keep you updated as the situation becomes more clear.

source: Breaking news from http://www.pound4pound.com/main.html
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito Suffers Leg Injury

Wow, now he doesn't have to fight Clottey
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahhh man that sucks big time...

i dont think it sounds too serious so he might be able to still fight .. but damn that'll affect his training..
    and he cant really afford for much to go wrong for this clottey fight, clottey is a tough dude..
    and plus since tony is just getting recognition and people are watching him closely now so he cant show up in anything but peak condition, he has to wow the observers.. get the fanbase and get these big fights hes been throwing his promoters money at...
    hope this doesnt affect the fight..
    thanks for the news! cc!
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sprained my ankle in sparring once...it blew up to the size of a baseball. I couldn't walk for over a week and was so excited when I could finally walk/move on it again. Then the day it felt fully healed I went to the gym and went sparring and immediately resprained it within the first minute! I was out another couple weeks after that. I wore an ankle brace the next couple months until I was positive it was fully healed.

When you sprain something it weakens the ligaments around the area for a while and you increase your chances of respraining it.

However, in margarito's case...I would say his sprain was caused by an acute case of CLOTTEYNITIS! Symptoms include: peeing ones pants in fear and trying to get out the the fight by purposefully spraining one's lower right leg

Just kidding, my (figurative) money was on margarito for that fight. Hopefully it heals up quickly and the fight won't have to be cancelled.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard he hurt his thighs from all that ducking...

This is gonna cost me in anonymous SC isn't it... :P pussys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I heard he hurt his thighs from all that ducking...

This is gonna cost me in anonymous SC isn't it... :P pussys...

Hehehe, hopefully it will even divert attention from what I said so I won't get one. Way to take one for the team! I will give you an anonymous...err...unanonymous cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny shiit guys !

Screw the SC posse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The big Margarito fans here are me Cutmemick,Gyrokai,Danny G,none of us are pussies who are going to sad click anonymously,those are some of the best posters here period and tell you how it is. And that is funny stuff,I like:

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Hopefully it won't end the fight. I've had a bad sprain before,took like 3 weeks to get better! Come on Tony!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    The big Margarito fans here are me Cutmemick,Gyrokai,Danny G,none of us are pussies who are going to sad click anonymously,those are some of the best posters here period and tell you how it is. And that is funny stuff,I like:

Hopefully it won't end the fight. I've had a bad sprain before,took like 3 weeks to get better! Come on Tony!!

the rest are good, but danny g sucks pretty bad.........................
    i remember when you thought that "maracho" was one of the best posters on here and that guy sucked equally bad.

not because i disagree with their opinions (i actually have agreed with danny g once) but because they just post nonsense. when people post various threads or articles to disprove something theyre saying on a thread they ignore it and go onto another thread and post the same trash

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing that sucks about injuries (besides fighters not showing their best) is that if he loses the fan base always cries "it was because of injury." When its really tough to evaluate how much it affected the fight if it takes place. He will be fine lets hope.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

i remember when you thought that "maracho" was one of the best posters on here and that guy sucked equally bad.

not because i disagree with their opinions (i actually have agreed with danny g once) but because they just post nonsense. when people post various threads or articles to disprove something theyre saying on a thread they ignore it and go onto another thread and post the same trash
    I disagree,ok he got his point across that he disliked PBF after the BALDO fight and I can see how that would agitate PBF fans but other than that,he usually posts good stuff!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree,ok he got his point across that he disliked PBF after the BALDO fight and I can see how that would agitate PBF fans but other than that,he usually posts good stuff!
    In all fairness, Danny_G isn't usually too bad, but maybe he had too much coffee or something, cause for a few days there, he was out of control, but like I said that's not how I typically see him.

As for the topic at hand, this worries me for Margarito, while I am not a fan, I can definately respect his power and his place as adding dimension in a talent rich division. This could look bad for him going forward, because this IS his shot to get good PR injured or not. If he doesn't win convincingly he will have the same problem Hatton had after Collazo, he will still have his fan base, but won't generate NEW fans, which is what he will need to get the big fights especially in the WW division. A less than spectacular win would leave him fighting mandatories for the rest of his career.

That being said, I hope he makes a good showing, as he has not totally proven himself to me yet. Clottey will be a good fight to judge his skill set on.

Not a fan, not a hater, just waiting for him to show me something spectacular..............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    I sprained my ankle in sparring once...it blew up to the size of a baseball. I couldn't walk for over a week and was so excited when I could finally walk/move on it again. Then the day it felt fully healed I went to the gym and went sparring and immediately resprained it within the first minute! I was out another couple weeks after that. I wore an ankle brace the next couple months until I was positive it was fully healed.

When you sprain something it weakens the ligaments around the area for a while and you increase your chances of respraining it.

However, in margarito's case...I would say his sprain was caused by an acute case of CLOTTEYNITIS! Symptoms include: peeing ones pants in fear and trying to get out the the fight by purposefully spraining one's lower right leg

Just kidding, my (figurative) money was on margarito for that fight. Hopefully it heals up quickly and the fight won't have to be cancelled.
    classic...But I think he's trying to prolong the inevitable...he doesn't want to be exposed too soon before a beatdown by PBF!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by dasamm

classic...But I think he's trying to prolong the inevitable...he doesn't want to be exposed too soon before a beatdown by PBF!!!
    Margarito would KTFO PBF.

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

In all fairness, Danny_G isn't usually too bad, but maybe he had too much coffee or something, cause for a few days there, he was out of control, but like I said that's not how I typically see him.

As for the topic at hand, this worries me for Margarito, while I am not a fan, I can definately respect his power and his place as adding dimension in a talent rich division. This could look bad for him going forward, because this IS his shot to get good PR injured or not. If he doesn't win convincingly he will have the same problem Hatton had after Collazo, he will still have his fan base, but won't generate NEW fans, which is what he will need to get the big fights especially in the WW division. A less than spectacular win would leave him fighting mandatories for the rest of his career.

That being said, I hope he makes a good showing, as he has not totally proven himself to me yet. Clottey will be a good fight to judge his skill set on.

Not a fan, not a hater, just waiting for him to show me something spectacular..............
    Excellent fair post and I agree because you make your points in a respectful and valid manner. Cool Click brother. I can see where you are coming from and I agree, he needs to fight a higher level of competition and needs to be way more active but I'm glad you see his potential. I disagree on one point though,I think when the fans see him in an exciting fight on a big stage,they will like him,he has an awesome style to watch and Clottey is no bum so I don't see him blowing Joshua away but it'll get him that bit more exposure. Like it or not,he is becoming more and more of a comman name at 147.his name is mentioned in alot of fights and commentators always mention him....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito knows Clottey is going to kick his ass. He's just getting his excuses in order.

Thread Information