Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most overrated boxer since 2000?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is the most overrated boxer since 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bob
    Ricky Hatton. Especially on this board. One sloppy win against an over-the-hill and inactive Kostya Tszyu and people want to act like he's possibly the #1 p4p fighter in the world, capable of KO'ing Mayweather. Yawn.
    people wernt saying he was over the hill before they fought alot of people thought he would take hatton kostya was considered a great and hatton beat him how does that make him overrated ??
    People should have been saying he was over the hill. He was old and had fought like twice in a four year period. And he had an injured shoulder going into the fight. And it was still very close!

Plus, while Kostya was considered quite good (at his prime), I'm not sure he was ever considered "great," and he was not rated as high p4p as people currently rate Hatton. How beating a #5-10 guy proves that you're capable of beating the #1 guy is a little beyond me. Kind of the definition of "overrating" someone.

ICB Guest

no one thinks he would beat mayweather i think he would give mayweather tough fight u gotta give hatton his dues hes 41-0 and great fighter in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paa Vandring med Mesteren
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    peter isnt overrated he floored the best hw at moment 3 times and took him to full 12 which not many can say they have done
    You mean "the best heavyweight right now"...at the moment, Wlad was viewed as damaged goods and was seen as a stepping stone for Peter to jump up to the title contention level

Sam Peter isn't overrated...he's decent but no world beater

Calvin Brock isn't overrated he lasted 7 rounds with Wladimir Klitschko...that's good for a guy who hadn't ever fought such a tough puncher before

Valuev....I agree, he's a bum

Wlad is not overrated! He's the best heavyweight out there right now
    Wlad would be the favorite against all other boxers all time dispite his brother. He would rape Ali or Rocky.
    what ?? ali would batter wlad and rocky would ko the glass jaw wlad

I agree. LOL @ rape ali or rocky. They would both knock either klitschko out. Kudos to the success these big ukrainians have had in a less than less-than-stellar division and heavyweight era. They do move pretty well for giants. The fact remains though that neither have fought anyone of any credibility save for Vitali's failed attempt to wrest the title from a far past his prime Lennox Lewis. Im glad u are a Klitschko fan, Paa. They need fans like you. When i was a kid i would have told you Hulk Hogan could beat anyones ass too. That doesnt mean he could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no one thinks he would beat mayweather
    c'mon mate. you might be reasonable enough not to, but just look around this board. LOTS of people here are saying exactly this.

u gotta give hatton his dues hes 41-0 and great fighter in my opinion
    look, i'm not saying the guy's shite. you can be good and still overrated if a bunch of people are claiming you're the next coming. it's a little unfortunate, agreed, but it is what it is. we'll see how he does against castillo. i will rate ricky p4p if he manages to keep his "0" through that one, but i don't predict he will.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bob
    no one thinks he would beat mayweather
    c'mon mate.  you might be reasonable enough not to, but just look around this board.  LOTS of people here are saying exactly this.

u gotta give hatton his dues hes 41-0 and great fighter in my opinion
    look, i'm not saying the guy's shite.  you can be good and still overrated if a bunch of people are claiming you're the next coming.  it's a little unfortunate, agreed, but it is what it is.  we'll see how he does against castillo.  i will rate ricky p4p if he manages to keep his "0" through that one, but i don't predict he will.
    ill agree with that if he does beat castillo im rating him high on my list

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I'll give them to you by division

Heavyweight-Nicolay Valuev
    Crusierweight-Jean-Marc Mormeck
    Light Heavyweight-Clinton Woods
    Super Middleweight-Joe Calzaghe
    Middleweight-Sam Soliman
    Junior Middleweight-Roman Karmazin
    Welterweight-Antonio Margarito
    Junior Welterweight-Junior Witter
    Lightweight-Juan Diaz
    Junior Lightweight-Joan Guzman
    Featherweight-Scott Harrison
    Junior Featherweight-Sergio Medina
    Bantamweight-Silence Mabuza
    Junior Bantamweight-Jose Navarro
    Flyweight-Vic Darchinyan
    Junior Flyweight-Brian Viloria
    Strawweight-Rodel Mayol

The ones in bold are ridiculously overrated
    woods is good fighter he beat glen johnson who koed roy jones yes i know not prime one but still good win woods is good fighter not overrated by any means and why is scott harrison overrated ??
    Harrison biggest wins are against way, way past there primes Tracy Patterson and Tom Johnson. And the much smaller Wayne Mccullough. He got tooken to school by Manuel Medina and his draw against Victor Polo should of been a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

peter isnt overrated he floored the best hw at moment 3 times and took him to full 12 which not many can say they have done

Peter is the second best Heavyweight in the divison right now. the Best of course being 44 year old . EVANDER HOLYFIELD 2007 BABY kickin the shit outta these younigns in 2007 !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Chris Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Chris Byrd
    He would be overrated if he actually fought every now & then!!!
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    Brock was definitely overrated. I heard all this talk about he was the next great champ blah blah blah. He looked like shit against WK. Stood in front of him the whole night and waited to get knocked out. Wlad is the best heavyweight right now out there but i still think he's overrated; he is the best of a crop of lackluster talents... him and his brother are both highly overrated IMO cuz people keep comparin them to ali to foreman and other greats who would have mopped the ring with them. Larry Merchant blows that guy up like there is no tomorrow...did u hear when he was all, "...and now Madison Square Garden will await the entrance of this huge, beautiful man..." I was like wow Larry. You must really be on this guy's nuts...
    Brock was undefeated and an unknown going into the fight....if he was as bad as you say he is he would have been KO'd in the first

Name me a current heavyweight that will 100% without a doubt beat Wladimir....that's not "overrated" that's what we call GOOD. Wlad is skilled, it's not his fault HBO put the heir apparent title on his shoulders! I'd agree if this was before the Sanders fight but right now Wladimir has come through adversity and he has really been asked to prove himself and he's done it.

I don't compare him to Ali and Foreman....I think most of the haters do that. The ONLY thing I compare Ali and Wlad with is clinching...that's it

Vitali was damn good too....one of the only fighters I know of that never got knocked down....not once! And he KO'd all but one of the guys he beat.....I don't care who you are fighting that is fucking outstanding!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would suggest Jeff Lacy, Samuel Peter and Bernard Hopkins.
    no way is bernard hopkins. there must be something wrong with your head. he was undisputed middleweight champion and defended the title 20 times also beating great fighters like de la hoya and trinidad. also a light heavyweight champion. jeff lacy is kinda overrated. smauel peter is overrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about Carlos Baldomir.

El Kabong Guest

Well he DID beat Zab Judah and KO'd Arturo Gatti

How about Jose Luis Castillo AND Diego Corrales....they started the whole "I can't make weight" trend going on these days...and they both have been recently KO'd and honestly I'm only impressed with JLC's toughness....Chico never did anything for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlad is good, but overrated in the grand scheme of boxing. People being convinced that Baldomir might beat Floyd makes him overrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MIKE TYSON,cause people still held the image of him 20 years ago when he was an indisructible fighting machine......a 35-40 yr old man cannot do what he did when he was 20

......BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE THOUGHT HE COULD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeff Lacy is still a work in progress as in Sam Peter...everyone's entitled to an opinion...but how is it that you bump Mikkel Kessler to God-like status & then say Hopkins is over rated.

You Danes are out there. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    I'll say KESSLER
    Kessler? Why? Is he even rated outside DK?
    Look in the mirror & ask yourself...Royal.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information