Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Presidential Hopeful Denied PS3

November 17, 2006 - The Associated Press is reporting that former Vice Presidential candidate and 2008 Presidential hopeful John Edwards attempted to use his influence to get a PlayStation 3 at Wal-Mart. On Thursday, a staff member from Edwards' office contacted a Wal-Mart in Raleigh, North Carolina. The staffer identified himself as a member of Edwards' team and attempted to secure a PS3 for the former Senator without having to stand in line.

The potent irony of the situation is that just a day prior, Edwards was part of a union conference call decrying the poor treatment of Wal-Mart employees. Wal-Mart was quick to react, issuing a statement pointing out Edwards' actions. "While the rest of America's working families are waiting patiently in line," the Wal-Mart statement said, "Sen. Edwards wants to cut to the front."

On Thursday, Edwards released a statement denying any such actions: "We instructed no one to contact Wal-Mart on our behalf." Later, however, Edwards admitted that a staff member did contact Wal-Mart. However, according to Edwards, the staffer was attempting to secure a PS3 for himself and not for the Senator.

"My wife, Elizabeth, wanted to get a PlayStation 3 for my young children. She mentioned it in front of one of my staff people. That staff person mentioned it in front of a volunteer who said he would make an effort to get one. He was making an effort to go get one for himself," Edwards said. "Elizabeth and I knew nothing about this. [The staffer] feels terrible about this. He made a mistake and he knows he should not have used my name."

With only 400,000 PlayStation 3 units available at launch and millions eager for the new system, demand is at a premium. Long lines began forming Thursday morning at various retailers. Those who failed in their bid to obtain a PS3 can take solace in the fact that even Senators and their assistants aren't having much luck either.

I thought it was funny he tried to use his political clout to score a ps3. Then of course denied it, then admitted, but of course made an excuse that it was his staffer's fault. Guess he'll have to buy it off ebay for like $3,000+ like every other dumbass is doin!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Presidential Hopeful Denied PS3

Fools... for the same money you could get an Xbox 360 (which beats the PS3 at it's own game) and a Wii which is something different to both.

$600... farking hell... thank fuck I have more sense than money (which isn't hard... I'm broke... :P)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yikes

http://nexgenwars.com/

I plan to get an Xbox 360 at some point and I am getting a Wii for me and my twins Birthday, Wii is gonna have some good games like Zelda and Resident evil UC, but what I really want it for are party games and shootem ups...

Any one seen that Rayman game on it? It's like loads of little Mini games that you can have a 4 player on with the special controller... You get Wii sports free too... bowling, tennis and of course... boxing!

I'll get a 360 because I doubt the Wii is gonna be better than it for games like Splinter Cell and Resident Evil 5... grand theft auto games... aside from Zelda games etc I doubt the 'real' games will be as good... but Wii is gonna have games that you can play at parts and girls won't mind playing.. mario kart etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I'll probably get a 360 out of the next gen systems. If that new Zelda wasn't coming out for Gamecube in a month then I'd definitely buy a wii just for that. I've been playing zelda games since I was 5! The only reason I'd want a ps3 is for the new metal gear solid, but I don't have a whole lot of time to play games anymore anyways. I'm going to wait a few months and see which system comes out on top before buying one...from what i heard the ps3 looks like it might bomb due to the price tag, lack of good games, and limited availibility.

And forget about blu-ray! Who needs DVDs that can hold 60 gbs!? That's half of what my computer has...unless someone wants to play a game they'll need to play for 3 years to beat then forget that sh*t!

It'll be interesting to see if HD-dvd or blu-ray wins out on the next format war. I think normal dvds look FINE but damn electronic companies feel the need to force everyone to upgrade every 4-5 years. bastards!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely get a 360. They are hackable now. I have one with over 50 games all downloaded from the net

Plus most of the NTSC releases work on Pal so I've already got stuff like Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six Vegas etc before they are even out over here in the uk.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    Yeah, I'll probably get a 360 out of the next gen systems. If that new Zelda wasn't coming out for Gamecube in a month then I'd definitely buy a wii just for that. I've been playing zelda games since I was 5! The only reason I'd want a ps3 is for the new metal gear solid, but I don't have a whole lot of time to play games anymore anyways. I'm going to wait a few months and see which system comes out on top before buying one...from what i heard the ps3 looks like it might bomb due to the price tag, lack of good games, and limited availibility.

And forget about blu-ray! Who needs DVDs that can hold 60 gbs!? That's half of what my computer has...unless someone wants to play a game they'll need to play for 3 years to beat then forget that sh*t!

It'll be interesting to see if HD-dvd or blu-ray wins out on the next format war. I think normal dvds look FINE but damn electronic companies feel the need to force everyone to upgrade every 4-5 years. bastards!
    Normal dvds look fine on a normal widescreen crt but stick them on a high def 42 in lcd and they look pixelated and a bit crap.

They definitely need a better quality dvd format for the future as the new lcd tv's demand a better picture.

Thread Information