Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I The only one who thinks Larry Merchant should go away?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am I The only one who thinks Larry Merchant should go away?

He's sexy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't like how he clearly favors some fighters. I mean, I don't know how anyone that has watched HBO over the past couple of years can say that he isn't biased. Merchant literally would pay to receive ODLH's or Wlad's manseed all over his face. For god sakes, it's disgusting. I was pissed off at the end of Mosley - ODLH II, Merchant was harrassing Mosley like Mosley was the one scoring the fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a complete piss-head. He never hardly talks during commentry because he is busy reaching for one of his 5 hip-flasks. Slurring old fart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO! Floyd Maywaether Junior thinks he should go away too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is biased, but who cares. its not like hes a judge

i for one couldnt care less if he has certain fighters that he likes because it adds a little bit of flavor to the broadcast and i think that if anybody else was up there, they would also speak highly of their favorite fighters. when im watching a fight im not swayed by the commentators dialog, i pay attention to whats going on in the ring

i guess you could say that im pro merchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't stand Merchant or Jay Nady.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of Larry Merchant. After the first round of Pac-Morales III, he was said "that was just a warmup for these two fighters." I was thinking shut the F*** up. That was a great round of back and forth boxing, but just because it wasn't a bloodbath, Larry Merchant isn't satisfied. If Larry Merchant had his way fighters couldn't use defense at all and there would have to be a 100 punch minimum for each fighter every round. Sometimes it's just great to sit back and watch a good technical but still action packed round like that. I absolutely love what Lampley and MannySteward bring to the telecast but sometimes I don't wanna even hear what Merchant has to say. BTW, I'd love it if Lampley did the post fight interviews instead.
    Merchant just sucks at everything. He pointless banalaties and witticisms before a fight, more pointless ecentricities during the fight and petty putdowns during interviews with the fighters afterwards.

The only good think I can say about him is that he's a better interviewer than that turd over at Showtime.

Forget his name but I can't stand the way he has this little 'be buddies with me smile' whislt he's basically telling a fighter he thinks he's S***.

James Toney had the right idea when he threatened to kick his a**.

He just winds me up so much. Like before the Briggs Lyakhovich fight he asks Briggs, (with a big creepy smile on his face) so are you just an underachiever then Shannon, then after the fight he's all smiles with Don King whilst asking him if he was embarrassed to be promoting such a stinker of a fight.

Don't get me wrong I dont mind him have critical things to say about a fighter or a fight, I just hate they way he puts it across with his creepy little smile, tosser,
    Your crazy! Larry's the man, he says what everybody else is thinking but is afraid to say, like Mayweather's track meet against Baldomir, he had the nerve to wear a roman gladiator custom, and then ran like a bitch, and Merchant called him on it, and Floyd got upset. Larry ain't nothing but the truth, and by the way bilbo that was Jim Gray talking to Briggs after the Liakovich fight, get it right!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW am i ever surprised!!! some people actually like this ignorant smarmy bastard disrespectful to the guys who are getting their guts bashed out so he can sit outside the ring and cut em down. Cuts off guys during their props and thank yous. Esp upsetting to me is disrespecting a mans personal faith as he wants to give the credit to god (or who ever) for the greatest moment in his life and merchant cuts him off. like him i wouldn't piss down his throat if his guts were on fire!! he talks like as if every word is gold and draws some stupid trite analogy into a 2 minute diatribe!! Compare this lame ass to max?? are you kidding!!!! if i was in charge there would be one sound..................."PUNT" as his ass got kicked down the street!!
    Guy argues all the time with big George. doesn't matter what foreman says he disagrees and tries to make him look dumb.(closet racist maybe?) I HATE listening to him. now...did i make myself clear lol!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what are you saying Landmine you dont like the old cunt
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rican, I sure as hell hope you are wrong. Putting him in the Hall would disgrace the Hall. Yeeech!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Coming from someone who sat RINGSIIIIIIIIIIIIDE this past weekend at a fight called the GRAND FINALE, its kinda funny cuz Larry gets up ALOT to go to bathroom. alot of u and myself thought Larry's quiet and comes back into the discussion from no where after several rounds but the truth of the matter is he gets up constantly to go pissssssss man must be that bladder of his with all the liquids at that age??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SHITE!!! I like Larry. After he gets a few Grey Goose (neat) Martinis and starts to wax poetic in his closing statement it's a think of drunken beauty.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry Merchant, cheers! For You. These guys have no idea what you bring to the table until your gone.

Max Kellerman hhahaha... he can stay on the Paul Williams and Judah bandwagon still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Larry Merchant, cheers! For You. These guys have no idea what you bring to the table until your gone.
    CC-270

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    It's time for this hairball to blow away. His senile-like comments are wearing thin. Example: "Boxing is not an 80 meter sprint." Huh! Thanks for your sage insight, Larry.
    Larry merchant is the john madden of boxing. Every sport should have that one commentator that says stuff that not a lot of people understand.

Thread Information