Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barry McGuigan on Hatton's condition against Collazo, etc

"There was do destructiveness or explosiveness about Ricky's punching.

"Ricky is a technique fighter. He punches from the foot and is a leverage fighter. But you can't be building muscle while going through your boxing training at the same time because your motors will be all over the place. Ricky was calling upon his motors but his body was failing him.

"Kerry Kayes has done a fantastic job up there and did what was required of him in creating Ricky into a welterweight in next to no time. But what they needed was to split into phases, but then again they didn't have any time to do that.

"If he (Hatton) fights up there again though I hope they use a muscle building phase while easing into boxing training followed by a maintenance phase while developing sharpness.

"Personally I thought Ricky lost the fight by one point, 7 rounds to 5, but he did outland a slick and quick southpaw who was well set at the weight."

On Hatton/Witter:

"Hatton is the more complete fighter."

On Hatton/Mayweather:

"At 140lbs: If Hatton can cut off the ring, he'll win. If he can't, he won't.

"At 147lbs: Hatton could suffocate him into submission. If he has a good 16 weeks to prepare he can punch him into submission."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barry McGuigan on Hatton's condition against Collazo, etc

Whenever you hear Barry say something about a fighter you pretty much know the opposite will be true.

He's behind even Duke McKenzie as a boxing analysist and McKenzie knows less about boxing than Larry Merchant.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    "There was do destructiveness or explosiveness about Ricky's punching.

"Ricky is a technique fighter. He punches from the foot and is a leverage fighter. But you can't be building muscle while going through your boxing training at the same time because your motors will be all over the place. Ricky was calling upon his motors but his body was failing him.

"Kerry Kayes has done a fantastic job up there and did what was required of him in creating Ricky into a welterweight in next to no time. But what they needed was to split into phases, but then again they didn't have any time to do that.

"If he (Hatton) fights up there again though I hope they use a muscle building phase while easing into boxing training followed by a maintenance phase while developing sharpness.

"Personally I thought Ricky lost the fight by one point, 7 rounds to 5, but he did outland a slick and quick southpaw who was well set at the weight."

On Hatton/Witter:

"Hatton is the more complete fighter."

On Hatton/Mayweather:

"At 140lbs: If Hatton can cut off the ring, he'll win. If he can't, he won't.

"At 147lbs: Hatton could suffocate him into submission. If he has a good 16 weeks to prepare he can punch him into submission."
    and this is same man who only had lewis winning by one point in first holyfield vs lewis match so i really wouldnt trust his scoring lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McGuigan and McKenzie are both just awful.

In fact if I was the producer of any boxing show I'd make a point of never using a boxing analyist with a surname that ends in M, because they all suck

McGuigan, McKenzie, Merchant etc

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My mate had it a draw, and he was one of the judges
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    what fight lewis v holy or hatton v collazo fight ??

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who Mickey Vann?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF?? There was no scroecard that was a draw in the Hatton fight? But i suppose you mean good old Larry O Connell?? Did you ask him what fight he was actully fighting?? I know the femlae judge said she couldnt see the action in some of the rounds becasue of photographers, what was Larry's excuse?

Mckenzie and McGuigen are both to biased in there opinion im sick of tuning into ITV they just commentate on the home boy and how well he is doing, but one bt of credit i have to give Mckezie is when he was the only guy on Sky Sports out of about 8 of them to pick Barrera to school Naz, and Darke Dempsey and co thought he was mad!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    WTF?? There was no scroecard that was a draw in the Hatton fight? But i suppose you mean good old Larry O Connell?? Did you ask him what fight he was actully fighting?? I know the femlae judge said she couldnt see the action in some of the rounds becasue of photographers, what was Larry's excuse?

Mckenzie and McGuigen are both to biased in there opinion im sick of tuning into ITV they just commentate on the home boy and how well he is doing, but one bt of credit i have to give Mckezie is when he was the only guy on Sky Sports out of about 8 of them to pick Barrera to school Naz, and Darke Dempsey and co thought he was mad!!
    yep and he picked calzaghe over lacy aswell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Dont get me wrong Ice Cold mate that was a great prediction, but i think our friends form other the pond were underestimating Joe and quite alot of our own boxing trainers/boxers/pundits fancied Calzaghe, but i remember in 01 no one was giving Barerra a chance and i just remember Mckenzie saying it will be a total shut out and he cant beleive no one else fancies Barrera, the lot of the Sky team thought he was mad!!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Dont get me wrong Ice Cold mate that was a great prediction, but i think our friends form other the pond were underestimating Joe and quite alot of our own boxing trainers/boxers/pundits fancied Calzaghe, but i remember in 01 no one was giving Barerra a chance and i just remember Mckenzie saying it will be a total shut out and he cant beleive no one else fancies Barrera, the lot of the Sky team thought he was mad!!!
    to be honest mate i know people will think im lying but i thought barrera would win aswell but yea great predicition from him

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Skel They took the scores after each round so basically he didnt know his final tally, he had the impression that Lewis had won but the maths didnt work out

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

Skel They took the scores after each round so basically he didnt know his final tally, he had the impression that Lewis had won but the maths didnt work out
    lewis won easy in my opinion 8 rounds to 4 best holyfield could of done is 5 rounds but i dont even think hoylfield won 5 i think i had it 7 rounds to 4 one even but i dont know what he was looking at because that was clear cut victory for lewis no doubt

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry is as straight as they come, Were you there at ringside. Hes one of the best judges in the game, was a terrific fighter in his day. Watching a fight on tv can be a different fight live, as I said he had a feeling that Lewis had won, but the number of rds won didnt tally with his impression

ICB Guest

Larry is as straight as they come, Were you there at ringside. Hes one of the best judges in the game, was a terrific fighter in his day. Watching a fight on tv can be a different fight live, as I said he had a feeling that Lewis had won, but the number of rds won didnt tally with his impression
    he is proper judge he should know holyfield lost easily the american + english commentators knew it everyone at ringside knew it so why didnt he it shouldnt be that hard of a fight to judge because lewis won easy by 3 rounds i can understand if its close fight with alot of even rounds but that wasnt the case lewis won easy and 99 percent of people knew it and lewis got robbed that night badly he might be nice bloke and good fighter in his day and ect but he badly judged that fight that night and so did that women judge aswell

Thread Information