Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Mayweather, Pacquiao, & Wright are out top three players...how do you rank them.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Top Three Pound for Pound Fighters in the World...VOTE!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Top Three Pound for Pound Fighters in the World...VOTE!

So many things dictate P4P & they are all different in everyone's eyes...but one thing is for sure...wev'e all agreed that Wright, Mayweather, & Pacquiao are our top three.

Vote above on the way it plays out so that we might be able to sort this out...& if you want to wait until the end of December...that's understandable due to the fact that Wright & Taylor both have fights coming up.

The Pound for Pound list will be updated according to your votes on January the 2nd, 2007...so get those votes in people.

Cheers, Happy New Years, & koneecheewah bitches.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Top Three Pound for Pound Fighters in the World...VOTE!

Why so many votes for option one? you guys are crazy... :P

WW is P4P number one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it winky, pac then pbf. The first 2 proved they can do it against serious competition. #3 is p4p #1 against c level or lower class opposition.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i have it Pac, then Winky, unfortunately i had to vote for PBF as he is on the list

As you say wacko people rate the P4P differently. I was under the impression the ratings were brought out so as to compare fighters from different weight classes, and not to judge the boxers who are capable of moving through the divisions due to they build. I personally have just as much respect for a fighter who campaigns at one maybe two divisions for their whole carrer, than one who leaps from one to another and on again. The reason i say this is it would then be hard for a heavyweight to attain P4P status as they cannot move as easily through the divisions.

Lennox Lewis would certainly be in my all time top10 P4P as he took on and beat all in his weight class, whereas PBF is yet to do that in any of the divisions since lightweight. Kudos to him for taking the Oscar fight though
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd #1, Winky #2, Pacquiao #3

Floyd is the clear #1 in my opinion because he is the most physically gifted of the three. He's also the only fighter of the three who has an unblemished professional record, whereas Pacquiao and Winky have both had several fights which they have not won.
    I don't understand why the anti-Floyd argument is always based on the idea that he's not fighting quality opponents.
    At 130 he destroyed Diego Corrales, who was a top 10 PFP in his own right at the time, and in fact many "experts" favored Corrales in that fight.
    At 135, he beat Jose Luis Castillo, who wasn't a huge name at the time, but who has since become one of the bigger names in the sport. Castillo's name can also be found on plenty of top 10 or top 15 PFP lists.
    At 140 Floyd destroyed Gatti, who was completely overmatched, but he was a beltholder. It's not like there were tons of other great fighters at 140 who Floyd decided to duck. And please don't say Cotto (who wasn't nearly ready for that kind of fight), or Hatton (who Floyd would rip to shreds).
    At 147, he fought Judah, who despite being mentally weak, may be the most physically gifted fighter in the welterweight division other than Floyd.
    Then Floyd took on the undisputed champ in Baldomir and pitched a shutout. What was he supposed to do, pass up a chance to win the undisputed title and instead fight Antonio Margarito? That makes no sense.
    It's a classic case of a guy winning so easily all the time that it's automatically assumed he's ducking guys. Like it's his fault that he's such a superior fighter.
    I don't think it's fair to bash Floyd for fighting mediocre competition unless someone can produce the names of fighters at 130-147 that could've beaten Floyd while he was fighting at those weights. Because I don't see anyone that could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Floyd #1, Winky #2, Pacquiao #3

Floyd is the clear #1 in my opinion because he is the most physically gifted of the three. He's also the only fighter of the three who has an unblemished professional record, whereas Pacquiao and Winky have both had several fights which they have not won.
    I don't understand why the anti-Floyd argument is always based on the idea that he's not fighting quality opponents.
    At 130 he destroyed Diego Corrales, who was a top 10 PFP in his own right at the time, and in fact many "experts" favored Corrales in that fight.
    At 135, he beat Jose Luis Castillo, who wasn't a huge name at the time, but who has since become one of the bigger names in the sport. Castillo's name can also be found on plenty of top 10 or top 15 PFP lists.
    At 140 Floyd destroyed Gatti, who was completely overmatched, but he was a beltholder. It's not like there were tons of other great fighters at 140 who Floyd decided to duck. And please don't say Cotto (who wasn't nearly ready for that kind of fight), or Hatton (who Floyd would rip to shreds).
    At 147, he fought Judah, who despite being mentally weak, may be the most physically gifted fighter in the welterweight division other than Floyd.
    Then Floyd took on the undisputed champ in Baldomir and pitched a shutout. What was he supposed to do, pass up a chance to win the undisputed title and instead fight Antonio Margarito? That makes no sense.
    It's a classic case of a guy winning so easily all the time that it's automatically assumed he's ducking guys. Like it's his fault that he's such a superior fighter.
    I don't think it's fair to bash Floyd for fighting mediocre competition unless someone can produce the names of fighters at 130-147 that could've beaten Floyd while he was fighting at those weights. Because I don't see anyone that could.
    Nice post. Well spoken.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman
    Well i have it Pac, then Winky, unfortunately i had to vote for PBF as he is on the list
    Totally disagree with that...even being a fan of Wright & Floyd...I think that Floyd comes first based on acheivments alone.

As you say wacko people rate the P4P differently. I was under the impression the ratings were brought out so as to compare fighters from different weight classes, and not to judge the boxers who are capable of moving through the divisions due to they build. I personally have just as much respect for a fighter who campaigns at one maybe two divisions for their whole carrer, than one who leaps from one to another and on again. The reason i say this is it would then be hard for a heavyweight to attain P4P status as they cannot move as easily through the divisions.
    It's not only on the fact of moving up. There are fighters that remain at their weights & fight a bunch of chumps & stay undefeated...I just don't agree with them being P4P...but many do...& many rate their favorite fighters that way...I don't.

It's just how you view it.

Lennox Lewis would certainly be in my all time top10 P4P as he took on and beat all in his weight class, whereas PBF is yet to do that in any of the divisions since lightweight. Kudos to him for taking the Oscar fight though
    Yeap. Lewis should be P4P in my opinion because Lewis fought game opponents & fixed his losses...that's a gimmee.

Floyd has beaten plenty of game names...not just 1 or 2.

I would say that I'm surprised you view it that way...but Mattyhitman...I am not...I'm sure that you can imagine why surprise eludes me on the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#1 Mayweather have skills like no other. he can bust his hand early in a fight, and still blitz his opponent on the cards. he has many tools and a huge arsenal of punches at his disposal. He comes in immaculate condition.. I like him at 135 best. he puts his foot on the gas a bit more at that weight.

#2 Pacman - thrill factor is huge. and had nice power in both hands. really commits to his shots.

#3 Jermaine Taylor - Beating Hopkins twice and drawing Wright in a fight where I had Taylor winning by 2 rounds. Gotta go with Jermaine.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#1: Mayweather!
    #2: Pacquiao!
    #3: R. Marquez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Lords Gym ]
    #1 Mayweather have skills like no other. he can bust his hand early in a fight, and still blitz his opponent on the cards. he has many tools and a huge arsenal of punches at his disposal. He comes in immaculate condition.. I like him at 135 best. he puts his foot on the gas a bit more at that weight.
    [/quote

[quote=Lords Gym ]#2 Pacman - thrill factor is huge. and had nice power in both hands. really commits to his shots.
    [/quote

I agree...but what about Wright handling Quartey now? That was an accomplishemnt in itself. My bwoy done good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    #3 Jermaine Taylor - Beating Hopkins twice and drawing Wright in a fight where I had Taylor winning by 2 rounds. Gotta go with Jermaine.
    Gotta disagree. He beat Hopkins decisively in the 2nd match...but not the first. Hopkins battered him from the 8th or 9th round & on. He even outlanded him on all connect percentages.

HBO was just riding Taylor's joke & that's that. H elost to Wright also. Wright was backing him up almost the entire time. I was impressed...with Wright's performance. His jab & defense negated Taylor's game plan, completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    #1: Mayweather!
    #2: Pacquiao!
    #3: R. Marquez
    Good list VD. Rafael Marquez is a serious contender...not sure if he's 3rd place material...but the kid is amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Based on excitement:

1.Pacquaio rules

2. PBF sucks

3. Winky : average
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac-man, Cotto and Klitschko
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac, PBF, Winky
    Pac = speed, power
    PBF = speed
    Winky = boring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#1 pacman
    #2 floyd
    #3 winky

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF, Pac, Wright...

If Pac can beat JMM next then he is numero 1, PBF as good as he is does frustrate me a little in his opponent selection at the moment

Thread Information