Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins comes out of retirement!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins comes out of retirement!!!

Hopkins: I'm out of retirement!
    By Jose Reyes / Photo: Jc Diaz
    "Still got the fire, still got the legs," ring legend Bernard Hopkins told Fightnews.com. "I'm out of retirement, this is the first announcement. Bernard Hopkins is out of retirement. Bernard Hopkins is going to fight until he can't fight no more. Bernard Hopkins has a good three to four years of boxing to give the world what they need. Boxing right now needs Bernard Hopkins. Boxing needs the personality of Bernard Hopkins, boxing don't need me per say as an athlete but they need my personality. No one in the world does an interview like Bernard Hopkins, no one holds it down like Bernard Hopkins. Love me or hate me. You will get a sound byte whether you agree or disagree with me and at the end of the day when you sit ringside, you know Bernard Hopkins will give a 'Bernard Hopkins' performance."
    Saturday, November 25 2006
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins comes out of retirement!!!

Cool Click bro!

but who's he gonna fight? the article didnt say?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will it be Maskaev? That was the fight that was being talked about a while ago...but if he's got a few more years, then I'd like to see him match iup with Joe Calzaghe sometime next year. But seriously....how many people speak about themselves in the third person that much...it seems as though Bernard Hopkins is trying to remind Bernard Hopkins that Bernard Hopkins's name is Bernard Hopkins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man i talked alot of ishhhhhhh about hopkins but if he goes up to HW and unifies damn NO ONE can front on that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is as valid as Vitali's or Lennox's "comeback" in 3 weeks Hopkins will say he isn't retired.

Hopkins wouldn't fight because he has 3 years in boxing he'd only fight for money. Just because he speaks in the 3rd person 20 times it doesnt sound like something Hopkins would say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    This is as valid as Vitali's or Lennox's "comeback" in 3 weeks Hopkins will say he isn't retired.

Hopkins wouldn't fight because he has 3 years in boxing he'd only fight for money. Just because he speaks in the 3rd person 20 times it doesnt sound like something Hopkins would say.
    Unfortunately...I gotta disagree...3rd person or not...he'll come back & probably fight at 200lbs.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

B-Hop vs JoeCal would have been a big fight. I'd love to see Hopkins take the belt off of Maskaev and then fight Toney. If B-Hop steps in with a Klitschko, Peter, or even Briggs, I really could see him get KOed in the first round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    "Still got the fire, still got the legs," ring legend Bernard Hopkins told Fightnews.com. "I'm out of retirement, this is the first announcement. Bernard Hopkins is out of retirement. Bernard Hopkins is going to fight until he can't fight no more. Bernard Hopkins has a good three to four years of boxing to give the world what they need. Boxing right now needs Bernard Hopkins. Boxing needs the personality of Bernard Hopkins, boxing don't need me per say as an athlete but they need my personality. No one in the world does an interview like Bernard Hopkins, no one holds it down like Bernard Hopkins. Love me or hate me. You will get a sound byte whether you agree or disagree with me and at the end of the day when you sit ringside, you know Bernard Hopkins will give a 'Bernard Hopkins' performance."
    This guys an absolute idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(clearing throat) RJJ part deuce my friends?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let him face Kessler and we would al witness how procted B-Hop has been his entire carerre - my best shot is that he would lose all rounds to Kessler.

MrJohnRuiz Guest

COOL CLICK for great news! hopkins fan here must be happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MrJohnRuiz
    COOL CLICK for great news! hopkins fan here must be happy
    Fan? Do you fancy crime and gang crime or how fo fuck could you else be a fan of the criminal B-Hop?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    This guys an absolute idiot.
    It's boxing, who the hell cares. It's not as if NIgel Benn was an intelligent person.. Hopkins is at least a great fighter.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And let me guess he want's a fight with Maskaev.....

Not hacking at B-Hop but theres only ONE fight I'm interested in seeing him in and thats against Joe C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Master
    Let him face Kessler and we would al witness how procted B-Hop has been his entire carerre - my best shot is that he would lose all rounds to Kessler.
    What has Kessler done to warrant such a comment
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Thread Information