Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ALL READ IMPORTANT: Copy and Pasting articles from other sites

because this has been abused over the past couple of weeks it is no longer allowed on this forum...to take effect as of now.

all copy and pasted articles from other site will be removed by the mods as and when they are found.

i work well with a alot of other sites who do not mind as long as they are credited with a clickable link but unfortunatly it has come to my attention that some sites aint happy about it ((even though i have saved emails from them saying a credited link to an article was all they required))

so rather than listing who is or isnt cool....as of now if you see an article/news from another site you feel the need to talk about you have to do one of 2 things....

1:rewrite the jist of it to discuss
    or
    2: just post the link only to the article

option 2 is prefered and far easier for you guys.

without prejudice Saddoboxing.com

That is all

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ALL READ IMPORTANT: Copy and Pasting articles from other sites

think i can unpin this now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont understand

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    I dont understand
    Than read it again

SigmaMu Guest

I dont understand
    Let me explain some internet rules and etiquette.

Back in the days, the rule was if you posted something from another site you had to give credit. How?
    Most common courtesy practices were to include the link, and also credit the original poster if applicable.

But the problem with some of these boxing sites is that they are trying to make money in one form or another.
    Some forms of making money are Ads and another is trying to get people to join like monthly or year round membership for a small fee. If we post an entire article from another site here on this forum for example, then the chances are that the reader may not go to the site where the actual post came from, thus limitting the traffic of that site.
    For some people it is about money while for others it is just an ego trip.
    For those sites who are trying to make money, I can understand and respect their request.
    Bills have to be paid somehow.
    Bandwidth cost money, upgrades and domain renewal cost money, staff and writers also cost money.

I guess that sums it up in the most basic way I know how to explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    I dont understand

Back in the days, the rule was if you posted something from another site you had to give credit. How?
    Most common courtesy practices were to include the link, and also credit the original poster if applicable.

But the problem with some of these boxing sites is that they are trying to make money in one form or another.
    Some forms of making money are Ads and another is trying to get people to join like monthly or year round membership for a small fee. If we post an entire article from another site here on this forum for example, then the chances are that the reader may not go to the site where the actual post came from, thus limitting the traffic of that site.
    For those sites who are trying to make money, I can understand and respect their request.
    Bandwidth cost money, upgrades and domain renewal cost money, staff and writers also cost money.

Hmmm..... weren't you the one of the ones who were posting Just The Articles for awhile? heheheh

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    I dont understand

Hmmm..... weren't you the one of the ones who were posting Just The Articles for awhile? heheheh
    I did everything by the books except for one or two things and Saddo brought it to my attention. ( I already knew I was in the wrong when I posted some videos taken from a members only section from another site and posted them here, but I was just trying to simplify things for the n00bs because there are a bunch of n00bs here)

To be honest, Saddo did not have to comply to any of these requests or demands from other boxing sites or forums, but Saddo is a stand up guy and he is a wiz with scripts and codes.
    I have been online for a while. I would never let anyone dictate the way I run a site or forum. Saddo is a gentleman and I am not such a gentleman. Kudos to Saddo for not being driven by pride or ego because it is the easiest way to do things in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont understand

I was just trying to simplify things for the n00bs because there are a bunch of n00bs here)
    Should I be offended? LMFAO !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont understand

I did everything by the books except for one or two things and Saddo brought it to my attention. ( I already knew I was in the wrong when I posted some videos taken from a members only section from another site and posted them here, but I was just trying to simplify things for the n00bs because there are a bunch of n00bs here)

To be honest, Saddo did not have to comply to any of these requests or demands from other boxing sites or forums, but Saddo is a stand up guy and he is a wiz with scripts and codes.
    I have been online for a while. I would never let anyone dictate the way I run a site or forum. Saddo is a gentleman and I am not such a gentleman. Kudos to Saddo for not being driven by pride or ego because it is the easiest way to do things in the long run.

Dude..... I'm a big BIG fan of your news. I've cc'd you alot.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Bump.
    good stuff Cutme for bumping up this old post

i think it was needed... anyhoooo will leave it here for a few days then pin it to the spam section for reference

topic locked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont understand

Dude..... I'm a big BIG fan of your news. I've cc'd you alot.
    Sellout!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information