Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone Else Think The Cotto/Margarito Show could be the Quintana/Clottey Show?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone Else Think The Cotto/Margarito Show could be the Quintana/Clottey Show?

I mean all I've heard is Cotto this Margarito that. I didn't even find out who Tony was facing until today and...Clottey is no joke. Kind of just puttin it out there but am I alone on this?

Both fighters are facing their toughest opponents to date.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Else Think The Cotto/Margarito Show could be the Quintana/Clottey Show?

NO.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Else Think The Cotto/Margarito Show could be the Quintana/Clottey Show?

For some reason I laughed at that. Like out loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I mean all I've heard is Cotto this Margarito that. I didn't even find out who Tony was facing until today and...Clottey is no joke. Kind of just puttin it out there but am I alone on this?

i was reasonably impressed by quintana when i saw him (admittedly the only time i saw him) and he seemed pretty polished. i think that this is a good opponent that has a reasonable shot at winning and i applaud cotto for taking on a dangerous fighter.

boxer cotto wins this one

brawler cotto would probably lose this one, imo

it just depends on which cotto shows up that night

as for clottey, i havent seen him ever fight, and i had never even heard of him until he signed on to fight margarito. all of a sudden, theres all this talk about clottey being a "rock" and hes being advertised as the best kept secret in the welterweight divison. if hes halfway decent, i will give margarito his due credit but in the meantime i dont think that bob arum would put margarito in with any good fighter (unless hes coming off a hand surgery and a period of inactivity ) until its a huge moneymaker, because i have yet to see anything out of margarito that would warrant 1/10th of the hype surrounding him. gotta admit, arum can hype up a fighter like nobody else

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will all lead up to Cotto-Clottey

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was it's purpose...

I dunno I think both Cotto and Tony know that this is it here this is the entry way they have both been waiting for, and for them to slack off now and or NOT give this day/fight all they got just doesn't make sense.

And all fighters have a shot! at upsetting the favorite. Regardless of what happens Sat. night one things for sure FIRE WORKS WILL FLY!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean all I've heard is Cotto this Margarito that. I didn't even find out who Tony was facing until today and
    Where you been for the last month or so.. Cause thats how long ago it was known who Tony was fighting...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    I mean all I've heard is Cotto this Margarito that. I didn't even find out who Tony was facing until today and
    Where you been for the last month or so.. Cause thats how long ago it was known who Tony was fighting...
    Not on here. Basically. I've got my boxing news from the news paper so I missed out on a lot.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not on here. Basically. I've got my boxing news from the news paper so I missed out on a lot.
    Reminds me of me.... A while back...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

i was reasonably impressed by quintana when i saw him (admittedly the only time i saw him) and he seemed pretty polished. i think that this is a good opponent that has a reasonable shot at winning and i applaud cotto for taking on a dangerous fighter.

boxer cotto wins this one

brawler cotto would probably lose this one, imo

it just depends on which cotto shows up that night

as for clottey, i havent seen him ever fight, and i had never even heard of him until he signed on to fight margarito. all of a sudden, theres all this talk about clottey being a "rock" and hes being advertised as the best kept secret in the welterweight divison. if hes halfway decent, i will give margarito his due credit but in the meantime i dont think that bob arum would put margarito in with any good fighter (unless hes coming off a hand surgery and a period of inactivity ) until its a huge moneymaker, because i have yet to see anything out of margarito that would warrant 1/10th of the hype surrounding him. gotta admit, arum can hype up a fighter like nobody else

Really? Clottey is really good. He fought on BAD a while back. He throws his punches in combinations, he comes forward a lot and he fights out of a shell type defense. He throws straight punches and he leads with every punch in his arsenal. Seems like a hard fighter to adjust to.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I remember that. Wasnt that like right after oyu became mod? How do I remember this stuff? Damn I need a life.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I remember that. Wasnt that like right after oyu became mod? How do I remember this stuff? Damn I need a life.
    Nah! good people remember good people....

Wheres tuctan? Remember him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone Else Think The Cotto/Margarito Show could be the Quintana/Clottey Sho

I don't think Cotto will lose to Quintana, really can't see that happening..

Thing is, I've only seen Quintana's fight against Julio and NEVER seen any of Clottey. I would say that quintana is a bit too inexperienced for cotto. Cotto has enough power that it will still be respected at 147 and quintana was mixing it up against julio and got tagged a few times in the process.

However, I've never been sold on margarito and Clottey seems to have a lot of desire, and a great record to boot. I like that his only loss was a DQ...he's gonna need that toughness and grittiness to bang with margarito. I'm assuming he's a better boxer than antonio (who isn't?) and it makes me think he's got a good shot at the upset from what I've read of him. Still, can't really chose it cause I've never seen him fight.

For this card, I wouldn't be suprised either way no matter what happens: whether Cotto and Margarito win, or Quintana and Clottey win, or a mix-and-match of both. There's so many variables and they all seem to match up well. Going to be an exciting night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lately.... I don't know if Bob is feeling he's gonna die soon or he's going to retire ...

................ but lately he's been feeding his fighters to the lions.

Thread Information