Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saddo appreciation thread. Thanks Saddo and thank all the members.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo appreciation thread. Thanks Saddo and thank all the members.

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I came here with the thought of engaging in intelligent discussions about boxing and fighters. Having learned authentic karate in Okinawa at young age and having been keen observer of boxing, though a selective type, I wanted to engage in honest to goodness discussions, especially when our boy 'Pacman' came into the limelight. But then, I realized this is not experts' or wannabee experts' (like me) site, but a fans' site. As most people know most fans go by the rule 'fans can go no wrong,' and I've found it almost impossible to bring a disscussion to it's rightful conclusion, especially when discussing hypothetical fights that may never happen, so I've decided to slip away quietly when name-calling or sarcasm started to creep into the discussion and decided to leave the fans alone in the place that is rightfully theirs.

But one strange thing I've notice, many fans start to disappear when a fight involving their idols come near, particularly when the odds seem to be against their fighters - all the tough talking about the invincibility of their idols stops. But those are the times that we fans who have some knowledge about boxing and who are confident with our views thrive, that is, when the consequence of our views or stands is right in our face, that's how comfortable we are with our views. Not only that, those are the times when we see fellow fans who are more confident with their boxing knowledge and the others, those die hard fans who, for better or worse, decided to stick with their boys to the end - and these are the two types of fans I mostly admire; real fans should always stick with their boys, you win some and you lose some, there's nothing to it.

As one of our boys, Rey 'boom-boom' Bautista will be fighting tonight, I've decided to drop by and put in my 2 cent worth of comment. On the way, I saw this thread and thought it worth discussing.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your ALL welcome.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    I came here with the thought of engaging in intelligent discussions about boxing and fighters. Having learned authentic karate in Okinawa at young age and having been keen observer of boxing, though a selective type, I wanted to engage in honest to goodness discussions, especially when our boy 'Pacman' came into the limelight. But then, I realized this is not experts' or wannabee experts' (like me) site, but a fans' site. As most people know most fans go by the rule 'fans can go no wrong,' and I've found it almost impossible to bring a disscussion to it's rightful conclusion, especially when discussing hypothetical fights that may never happen, so I've decided to slip away quietly when name-calling or sarcasm started to creep into the discussion and decided to leave the fans alone in the place that is rightfully theirs.
    I used to really enjoy the hypothetical matchup threads. Of course, there were differences of opinion (plus the usual revisionism that says modern fighters would beat everyone before them ) but I liked the debates.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    lol wacko and I had some battles that would got very very very brutal with words and insults.

But I always made sure I said to him before we started that it was all in fun

Because I personally don't hate anyone here.

That said.. this is all in fun.

I love all of you here. Whether we got along or not. Whether you feel I'm a boxing genius or a bitch(or both which seems to be flaoting around nowadays )

It was wonderful to be here to be your friend, your enemy, your crush(Meunouk), your rival(Britkid, El Gamo, wacko, cutmemick) or anything..

I've spend a great time of my life on this site. And I wouldn't take back a minute.

Just from the bottom of my heart to everyone one of you. Thank you for all the memories we've shared. The old and the new. I'll never forget them or you. I hope one day you'll be able to say the same about me.

I love you all
    who are you
    I am a new mother so my time on here may be limited
    Woah its not often you hear good and bad news all at one... Juda fans world wide will be quaking in their boots at the thought of your resignation as their leader.

Your like the Barroness Thatcher of boxing fans

But seriously great news about the baby ... Heart warming stuff.
    Congratulations mate!
    Boy or Girl?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch
    Boy or Girl?
    who Star or the baby

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Other Half

Okay, what just happend?
    Im a very easily led soul
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    I used to really enjoy the hypothetical matchup threads. Of course, there were differences of opinion (plus the usual revisionism that says modern fighters would beat everyone before them ) but I liked the debates.
    Ya, that's true, but on the other hand, those are the threads that lead to intense discussions and sometimes get out of hand as there are no way of proving the respective views of the posters until those hypothetical fights becomes a reality...

... I forgot to clarify something in my earlier post here, I wasn't saying I'm 'slipping away' from this forum for good, but I've decided that I'll come here just before some coming fights I want to discuss, put in some comments, crack up some joke and leave. As I've said, I feel more comfortable discussing the up-coming fights, when only the more knowledgeable fans as well as some die hard fans come in for a more serious and sober discussions.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Pacfan bro,you gone off this place? You should be happy man,Manny won and so did Boom Boom Bautista who is a really good fighter too!

I'd like to say thanks to all you fellow saddos too,this is the best boxing forum on the net. I've learnt soooo much about boxing from you guys,heck when I came here,I was a fresh faced novice who didn't know who Sugar Ray Robinson was,1 year later,I was watching fights from 1940 something and have had discussions about the most obscure boxers,fights from every era etc. I've also met alot of cool people and learnt about things I can apply to real life too! I've had great debates with a load of people and even ones I don't get along with,you learn to like in a way and respect! Everyone contributes here in their own way and we have such a cool little community type thing here so keep up the good work guys!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

4. Thanks for the sarcasm

5. Thanks for banning all the assholes, racist, sexist, dumb a**'s, and plain old wierd people

6. Thanks for teaching me so much about liqour (what happen to the "what are you drinking tonight thread")

7. Thanks for the people who know very little about boxing and swear they know it all

9. Thanks for my British brothers that let us know that boxing is international and loved everywhere.
    Thank you for the list so I can quote only the ones that apply to me! In 5. I hope I come in under the plain old weird, and occasionally sexist.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Hey Pacfan bro,you gone off this place? You should be happy man,Manny won and so did Boom Boom Bautista who is a really good fighter too!

I'd like to say thanks to all you fellow saddos too,this is the best boxing forum on the net. I've learnt soooo much about boxing from you guys,heck when I came here,I was a fresh faced novice who didn't know who Sugar Ray Robinson was,1 year later,I was watching fights from 1940 something and have had discussions about the most obscure boxers,fights from every era etc. I've also met alot of cool people and learnt about things I can apply to real life too! I've had great debates with a load of people and even ones I don't get along with,you learn to like in a way and respect! Everyone contributes here in their own way and we have such a cool little community type thing here so keep up the good work guys!
    I owe ya CC in 24 bro, you are definately one the most rational debaters on here, you help make this place great.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to say thank you to everyone on here who knows more about boxing than I do...

...which is most of you.

But you're also a great source of information: which up and comers to watch for, all the inside dirt from training camps, rumors, etc.

It adds a whole 'nother dimension to fight night!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course not! But I'll just be concentrating on discussing up-coming fights more than those hypothetical ones cuz those fights tends to get to the nerves of some fans and usually leads to a 'never ending story' - remember the Pac-Barrera II discussion under the Grand Finale thread? it became a name-calling discussion and would've continued if some good guys didn't intervene to stop it. Saw the Boomboom fight Sunday, it was pretty good, though 'anticlimatic.' El Gamo, you'll always get my CC, so here's one for you as usual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

I owe ya CC in 24 bro, you are definately one the most rational debaters on here, you help make this place great.
    LMAO,thanks man,CC in 24 too,and ditto although I still think you should post more often!!!

Of course not! But I'll just be concentrating on discussing up-coming fights more than those hypothetical ones cuz those fights tends to get to the nerves of some fans and usually leads to a 'never ending story' - remember the Pac-Barrera II discussion under the Grand Finale thread? it became a name-calling discussion and would've continued if some good guys didn't intervene to stop it. Saw the Boomboom fight Sunday, it was pretty good, though 'anticlimatic.' El Gamo, you'll always get my CC, so here's one for you as usual.
    CC back my man and yeah,I see what you mean with the hypothetical threads,I have the same thing right this VERY moment in the Cotto v Hatton thread although I started that myself!!! As long as you're sticking around bro,that's a good thing for myself and the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    I'd like to say thank you to everyone on here who knows more about boxing than I do...

...which is most of you.

But you're also a great source of information: which up and comers to watch for, all the inside dirt from training camps, rumors, etc.

It adds a whole 'nother dimension to fight night!
    TotALLY agree,CC on me. I think we have a very knowledgable and opiniated bunch here and again,it adds to making this place great! And I'm sure you have plenty of knowledge about boxing!

Thread Information