Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Margarito wins by circumstance... (short play by play)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito wins by circumstance... (short play by play)

CMM, I agree that Clottey did not show the heart of a champion, which is why he had no right to complain, but you have to admit, if the fight kept going unaltered by injury, Clottey would be the new man to avoid... he may just be anyway.

And stop ignoring my point--

Paul Williams is next, and what the he** is Margarito going to do with a 6'1" version of himself? Williams DOES NOT start slow, and if he does, that is still about 80 punches per round...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Re-match Clottey would be the stupidest thing he could do.
    why?
    Theres no need to fight someone who supossibly hurt his hand in a fight he lost, and the fight was not that close. It was a tough one and yeah! he was gettin hit and he lost rounds but in the end he won. No contreversy or anything, Clottey didn't even complain....

If Pacquiao and Morales can have a rematch after the first fight and if Barerra and Pacquiao can have a rematch I don't understand why Clottey and Margarito can't fight again under the same principles
    WHAT?
    Are you serious?
    What principles might those be?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria
    CMM, I agree that Clottey did not show the heart of a champion, which is why he had no right to complain, but you have to admit, if the fight kept going unaltered by injury, Clottey would be the new man to avoid... he may just be anyway.

And stop ignoring my point--

Paul Williams is next, and what the he** is Margarito going to do with a 6'1" version of himself? Williams DOES NOT start slow, and if he does, that is still about 80 punches per round...
    Not ignoring your point,
    Hell at one point I didn't wan't them fighting, cause there was still a chance of Margarito fighting PBF. But after that fell through I said if Margarito beats Clottey he should figh Williams next.

This would be one hellu'va fight if it happens and if it does I hope that both fighters are WELL prepared and let the best man win.

I like Williams as a fighter in the ring, hes very similar to Margarito but faster.... What I don't like is his big mouth, he runs his mouth too much... Not only that but the same day he beat Mathysse some people here wen't crazy like if he was the BEST instantly after that win....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why?
    Theres no need to fight someone who supossibly hurt his hand in a fight he lost, and the fight was not that close. It was a tough one and yeah! he was gettin hit and he lost rounds but in the end he won. No contreversy or anything, Clottey didn't even complain....

If Pacquiao and Morales can have a rematch after the first fight and if Barerra and Pacquiao can have a rematch I don't understand why Clottey and Margarito can't fight again under the same principles
    WHAT?
    Are you serious?

Even Pacquiao Marquez.

He hurt his hand in the fight after doing well early.

Then Marquez came back and got a draw.

Pacquiao had managerial problems and had his blood drawn 24 hours from the first Morales fight and didnt get the gloves he wanted and he was in my opinion beaten as clearly by Morales as Clottey was by Margarito.

Even if Vargas and Mosley can fight again why can't Margarito fight Clottey again?

Barerra was beaten worse by Pacquiao but there's a rematch in talks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Clottey won rounds 1,2,3,4 clearly and then 8. I thought he won 4 rounds clearly and I gave him the 8th.

And I thought he showed his championship heart in the 9th even though he lost the round.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why?

WHAT?
    Are you serious?

Even Pacquiao Marquez.

Pacquiao had managerial problems and had his blood drawn 24 hours from the first Morales fight and didnt get the gloves he wanted and he was in my opinion beaten as clearly by Morales as Clottey was by Margarito.

Even if Vargas and Mosley can fight again why can't Margarito fight Clottey again?

Your comparing Clottey vs. Margarito match-up to fighters were HOF, those fights there were talks about them doing it again because of who they were. But if Margarito is not that well known, who do you think knows who Clottey is regardless of how well he fough for 5 rds.

He beat him, they BOTH SUPPOSIBLY hurt their hands it was a really good fight, a winner was awarded and thats that.....

I can't even understand why Toney-Peter is happening again.... It was close, but again a winner was awarded and thats tha But shet! happens and you move on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why?

WHAT?
    Are you serious?

Even Pacquiao Marquez.

Your comparing Clottey vs. Margarito match-up to fighters were HOF, those fights there were talks about them doing it again because of who they were. But if Margarito is not that well known, who do you think knows who Clottey is regardless of how well he fough for 5 rds.

He beat him, they BOTH SUPPOSIBLY hurt their hands it was a really good fight, a winner was awarded and thats that.....

I can't even understand why Toney-Peter is happening again.... It was close, but again a winner was awarded and thats tha But shet! happens and you move on....

Thats whats wrong with boxing to me. That they have to be "somebody" for the same rules to apply. It shouldn't matter if they are superstars or not. I hate the double standards that superstars get that fighters like Margarito and Clottey the rules do not apply to. It's the same reason I'm mad that Margarito never got a third fight against Santos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all, let me start by saying the ref and Showtime's Bernstein and Albert were unbelievably biased to Clottey, I guess Clotteys the Showtime house fighter. Margarito simply out worked and just out hustled Clottey, yet if you listened to the Showtime commentators you'da though Clottey was destroying Margarito. Not once did I hear Berstein or Albert say anything about Margarito's punches,.. even the ripping body shots he landed, yet when Clottey would counter with a left hook or right cross after being hit with several unanswered punches they would get nuts like Clottey scored a knockdown. They never went to Margarito's corner between rounds....I never seen anything like it. And I don't buy that bullshit that Clottey hurt his left hand, he threw some hard lefts after he was crying in his corner about his left hand hurting. When he had a good round his hands seemed okay,...but the next rd Margarito would bang him around the ring for just about the entire round and then he would come to his corner complaining again. Not to mention his INTENTIONAL HEAD BUTTS later in the fight. I had Margarito winning the first rd, then Clottey the 2,3.4 rds. Then in the 5th rd Margarito hurt Clottey and dominated the rest of the fight with the exception of maybe one round. Margarito fought at a pace that Clottey couldn't keep up with and was content on trying to catch Margarito with one big counter-punch. Paul Williams chin is weak, it'll be a much easier fight for Margarito....Margarito in the 5th!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why?

WHAT?
    Are you serious?

Even Pacquiao Marquez.

Thats whats wrong with boxing to me. That they have to be "somebody" for the same rules to apply. It shouldn't matter if they are superstars or not. I hate the double standards that superstars get that fighters like Margarito and Clottey the rules do not apply to. It's the same reason I'm mad that Margarito never got a third fight against Santos.
    Come on PGH, theres just no need for a re-match theres just no point.... Also you state that you gave rd. 1 to Clottey well I just re-watched that rd. again to make sure I wasn't trippin' and no I wasn't cause I scored that rd. for Margarito.....
    Did you miss the post below?
    |
    |
    |
    \/

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria
    why is simple.

1. Clottey is an even smaller name than he is.

2. Clottey is NOT his mandatory.

3. This was a tune up to get to the money fights, and he almost blew it.

4. At 30+, how many more times do you think he is going to get this chance?
    last fight (10 mos), ended 1st Rd,
    before that (Apr '05) ended 5th Rd,
    before that was a 10 Rd KO in Feb 2005!
    That's 16 rounds in 2 years since his last loss! This 12Rds was good for him, but he needs better sparring...

Quote Originally Posted by atomic bull
    First of all, let me start by saying the ref and Showtime's Bernstein and Albert were unbelievably biased to Clottey, I guess Clotteys the Showtime house fighter. Margarito simply out worked and just out hustled Clottey, yet if you listened to the Showtime commentators you'da though Clottey was destroying Margarito. Not once did I hear Berstein or Albert say anything about Margarito's punches,.. even the ripping body shots he landed, yet when Clottey would counter with a left hook or right cross after being hit with several unanswered punches they would get nuts like Clottey scored a knockdown. They never went to Margarito's corner between rounds....I never seen anything like it. And I don't buy that bullshit that Clottey hurt his left hand, he threw some hard lefts after he was crying in his corner about his left hand hurting. When he had a good round his hands seemed okay,...but the next rd Margarito would bang him around the ring for just about the entire round and then he would come to his corner complaining again. Not to mention his INTENTIONAL HEAD BUTTS later in the fight. I had Margarito winning the first rd, then Clottey the 2,3.4 rds. Then in the 5th rd Margarito hurt Clottey and dominated the rest of the fight with the exception of maybe one round. Margarito fought at a pace that Clottey couldn't keep up with and was content on trying to catch Margarito with one big counter-punch. Paul Williams chin is weak, it'll be a much easier fight for Margarito....Margarito in the 5th!!!
    Your right, about the in between rds..... I thought it was just me, but your right they didn't go to Margaritos corner in between rds...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why?
    Theres no need to fight someone who supossibly hurt his hand in a fight he lost, and the fight was not that close. It was a tough one and yeah! he was gettin hit and he lost rounds but in the end he won. No contreversy or anything, Clottey didn't even complain with the decision...
    In the end, all haterism aside, Margarito looked bad agianst Clottey & had Clottey not injured the left in the fif...we'd be seeing a different out come.

I aint just saying that due to the fact thta I dont dig on Marg...but Clottey far exceeded expectations.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pretty much agree with CutMeMick on this...

I picked Clottey to win and I am very disappointed that he injured his hand. I think he would have won otherwise, but I do not think he deserves a rematch.

Margarito won, now let him fight Williams. Hopefully, Williams will do what Clottey didn't and I can rejoice. Clottey showed well and will get another shot in the future. If every close fight was grounds for a rematch things would grind to a halt.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good fight. It was fun to watch. I like both guys, early on I couldn't help but root for the underdog Clottey. BUT down the stretch, forget possible injuries for a damn second, Tony Margarito outgutted Joshua Clottey. Its that simple. He dug down deep, got warmed up and threw a ton of punches at Clottey, even laughing and telling him to bring it on in a sense. Margarito proved why he is champ. However, he also proved that he is very hittable, and still quite slow. And that he has little more than a punchers chance against PBF, despite being the biggest challenge at welterweight for Floyd. Margarito is a good fighter, that has been so underrated, he's become overrated IMO. He is a warrior, and by staying more active he can stay sharper and be ready for a big fight when and if it comes. I personally hope that Sugar Shane Mosley does fight Margarito, it'd be a great fight, and a winnable one for either of them.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont dig on Marg...but Clottey far exceeded expectations. WACKO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito proved why he is champ Hulk

What the...

It seems to me that Margarito only proved he is headed nowhere fast

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Margarito proved why he is champ Hulk

What the...

It seems to me that Margarito only proved he is headed nowhere fast
    Really? So, Margarito, out gutting Clottey down the stretch and punishing him meant nothing to you? Practically forcing him to quit showed nothing about Tony Margarito as a fighter and champion? Clottey having to RUN, clinch, and intentionally headbutt indicated nothing? Come on! I like both fighters, and believe me, I am as tired of the "Maragrito is the most feared man in boxing, everyone is ducking him" BS as anyone. But damn it, if Margarito didn't show some true heart tonight, and beat his tough, worthy opponent fair and square.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information