Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FNR3 is shite

It feels like you punch under water.

Rather than actualy fix the problems in FNR2 they've basically just broken the game... Once you're in stun punch mode it basically luck wether or not you player desides to parry.

Muhammad Ali probably has quicker foot work now than his in game counter part does.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FNR3 is shite

FNR2 rewarded timing, reflexes and the ability to put combos together... with this game it's just a case of who is going to try and do something whilst the character spazzes out first...

It feels like being Danny Williams - during one of his 'vacant' moments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha.. translation: you just got it and you dont appreciate it for what it is cos you havn't got the hang of it yet
    heheh *gets knocked out* IM BORED WITH IT NOW

Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB

Rather than actualy fix the problems in FNR2 they've basically just broken the game... Once you're in stun punch mode it basically luck wether or not you player desides to parry.

Muhammad Ali probably has quicker foot work now than his in game counter part does.
    Let me guess... Your yet to fight in a weight class out side of Heavyweight?

Word of advice... Start with the featherweights.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truer words were never spoken.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Grinch

Let me guess... Your yet to fight in a weight class out side of Heavyweight?

Word of advice... Start with the featherweights.
    Try middleweight... I just don't understand how you can get hit with the cheap stun punch... see that a shot is coming towards your body or head and the side it's going to hit you on... press towards that area... hold it there and

Get hit.

Then watch on the replay as the shot hits you exactly where you were parrying. Every fucking time. They seem to have given all of the boxers huge heads and huge fists... if some one just spams jabs at you you'll end up getting hit 10 times whilst your character spazzes out.

Then theres clinching... the one thing you boxer can do quickly in this game... but on seeing that your opponent wants to clinch you - for some unknown reason - decides to turn that punch into a clinch, rather than knock your man out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your man must be very swollen or cut up.... Your defence become svery leaky when this happens.

Just put both hands up instead of trying to parry.

I dont quite understand what your trying to say with the clinching issue tho... sorry.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Online is decent, But the Career mode is crap.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main problem is that I can't adapt to the slow unrealistic punching of this game... maybe it's different on what ever planet the developers live on but the slower the punch... the weaker.

Power requires speed... which this game doesn't have.

Also, how cna you stand practicly on top of some one, have them lean back ages before you even start to throw... and miss them... it's as if the characters will only throw hooks and upper cuts towards the space above the other guys pelvis... where there is a head in it or not... despiting having a million years to aim the shot.

The balance is fucked up... Hopkins is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow and weak... if he starts to throw a hook against say RJJ, RJJ can jab him and bernard instantly stop throwing... but for some reason the same doesn't apply the other way round

They could of made the punching more balanced and realistic... instead it's still flawed... and aside from the stamina it's even less realistic than FNR2 was if I loaded up on a bag shot on a punch bag and the punch disappeared I wouldn't stand there confused doing my best matrix impression... my shot would QUICKLY pass where the bag was and then I would be back in my stance and rebalanced with in a second... not 5.

These are supposed to be world class boxers... all time greats... they like like people with Alzheimer's in a swimming pool.

All they had to do was change the stamina balance... not make the game slower... even the combos in FNR2 were too slow compared to actual boxing... unless you threw weak shots which did no damage what so ever.

I'd rather they decreased the damage for haymakers but increased the damage for regular shots and gave us one slow powerfull punch... not anything outside of straights... and sped the game up... not put it in slow motion...

The clinch issue I have is that if you throw a hook in the knock out mode your opponent can press clinch a split second before the shot lands and you'll miss... everything seems to have been slown down except the clinching

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main problem is that I can't adapt to the slow unrealistic punching of this game... maybe it's different on what ever planet the developers live on but the slower the punch... the weaker.

Power requires speed... which this game doesn't have.
    True, although you can expriment with different boxers with different punching styles to better suit your style of fighting.
    From what your saying, you might wanna stick to Pac, Morales, Corales, Dela Hoya, Taylor, Rjj, Ali for now, untill you adjust...

It sounds like youve got a bad case of barndnew-Proevolutionitus

Also, how cna you stand practicly on top of some one, have them lean back ages before you even start to throw... and miss them... it's as if the characters will only throw hooks and upper cuts towards the space above the other guys pelvis... where there is a head in it or not... despiting having a million years to aim the shot.
    This i definatley agree with (except for uppercuts). EA should make the boxers reach more (although obviously makin the punch slower and weaker)
    Although saying that, when you have your foe in the corner, then there facked... Maybe Jermaine Taylor should realise that

The balance is fucked up... Hopkins is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow and weak... if he starts to throw a hook against say RJJ, RJJ can jab him and bernard instantly stop throwing... but for some reason the same doesn't apply the other way round
    Im assuming you mean his special punch? For some reason, all jabs cancell the special/ Signature puch.
    But hooks? I dunno about that one... I know that if timed right, the jab throws the on-comming hook wide.

They could of made the punching more balanced and realistic... instead it's still flawed... and aside from the stamina it's even less realistic than FNR2 was if I loaded up on a bag shot on a punch bag and the punch disappeared I wouldn't stand there confused doing my best matrix impression... my shot would QUICKLY pass where the bag was and then I would be back in my stance and rebalanced with in a second... not 5.
    True, EA did dramtize the bigger punches a bit too much... but in regards to the recovey time, i doubt you would be set, back in your position after throwing a shot you just put everything into

The clinch issue I have is that if you throw a hook in the knock out mode your opponent can press clinch a split second before the shot lands and you'll miss... everything seems to have been slown down except the clinching
    LoL, yeah, like with the sig puch thing, just jab to cancel the clinch, or just punch with your guard up (head or body) and you will just push him away when he tries to clinch.

Im not arguing, or defending the game, or anything like that... Just trying to ease my next foe in to the ring nicely
    Hope you get the nack of it
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i just hope next time they make a game. they get some producers who are fans of boxing to help make it. cos its quite obvious they aint got a clue.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I miss with my hardest shot it may take a second or two for me to get balanced again... my guard will be right back up though... I won't literally freeze on the spot for 5 seconds :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FNR2 rewarded timing, reflexes and the ability to put combos together... with this game it's just a case of who is going to try and do something whilst the character spazzes out first...

It feels like being Danny Williams - during one of his 'vacant' moments.
    i have to say that the parry system must be completley removed

all people do online is spam the parries and the second they get one the ko punch, which means you can land 25 straight unblocked shot and have the 26th parried and get ktfo with 1 punch, NOT because the other guy is nice, but because he has literally 3 seconds to throw the punch

if you want to have parries like that then the CANNOT block bboth sides of the head, im fine witg gay ass parries as long as whne someone parries left head i can still hit them right head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think they need to completly take it out too. it was an awful idea, it never happens in real boxing.

Thread Information