User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Williams weigh-in ends in brawl

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Williams weigh-in ends in brawl

Heavyweights Audley Harrison and Danny Williams brawled at Friday's weigh-in for their 12-round rematch at the ExCel Arena in London on Saturday.

full article here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6162307.stm

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Williams weigh-in ends in brawl

Haha what a pair of losers. By the sounds of it they can't even brawl properly, just barged each other a little bit.

I am very suprised Danny has come in at a trim 19 stone though, thats a full stone less than against Skelton which actually suggests he may have been laying of the jaffa cakes for a couple months.

I'm hoping Audrey can summon up some kind of heart and courage and put on a boxing masterclass.

He has all the tools, just he's too scared to do anything with them

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Haha what a pair of losers. By the sounds of it they can't even brawl properly, just barged each other a little bit.

I am very suprised Danny has come in at a trim 19 stone though, thats a full stone less than against Skelton which actually suggests he may have been laying of the jaffa cakes for a couple months.

I'm hoping Audrey can summon up some kind of heart and courage and put on a boxing masterclass.

He has all the tools, just he's too scared to do anything with them
    Yeah I have a hard time seeing Audley doing much differently after that performance against Dominick Guinn.. If he wasn't going to open up and start fighting then whats going to change this time..

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It may count for nothing but Audley looks in great shape.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got this from Fankwarrentv.com

Danny Williams' rematch with Audley Harrison kicked off early today, with the Brixton bomber taking a swing at the Olympic gold medallist at the weigh in ahead of their fight at the ExCeL Arena tomorrow night.

Before the mayhem, Williams had scaled 19'1, while Harrison was 17'13 and a half pound.

In their first fight last year, neither man made much of an offensive effort in one of the turkeys of 2006.

Williams did floor Harrison in the 10th round with one of the few punches which landed before going on to take a controversial split decision.

But today he signalled his positive intent with a physical assault that will have handed him an early pyschological advantage.

When the two boxers were called together for a head-to-head in one of the conference suites at the ExCeL Arena, Williams lost his temper.

As the flash bulbs began popping, Williams put his face close to Harrison's, prompting the 2000 Olympic star to push him away.

72714438jg006_harrison_will.jpg Williams responded by seeming to aim a punch at Harrison - which missed - and the resulting melee drew in members of both boxers camps and security guards.

The pair were warned by General Secretary of the British Boxing Board of Control, Simon Block, about their future conduct.

Ironically, Scott Harrison's WBO featherweight title defence with Nicky Cook was supposed to a potential flashpoint, but with its cancellation late on Wednesday, the show appeared to have lost a real grudge match.

Yet Williams-Harrison now looks decidely personal, with more drama promising to unfold tomorrow night.

"It might be bad for boxing's image but there's lots of pent-up aggression," said promoter Frank Warren.

Last December Williams refused to appear on the same press conference table as Harrison, claiming he would "kick off" if subjected to more of his rival's taunts.

But on Wednesday he said he was far calmer second time around, and the fight was strictly business.

72714438jg008_harrison_will.jpg One of boxing's good guys, Williams is often labelled as being too nice for his own good and lacking a crucial aggressive streak.

He does have some previous though, rumbling with Herbie Hide at a press conference a number of years ago, and standing up to Mike Tyson on a steamy Memphis night back in 2004.

And on Wednesday he insulted Harrison by saying: "I think he will start differently but when he starts to feel the power, when he feels my strength, when he drinks his own blood he'll go back to the poofter tactics that he showed last time."

For the record, Williams' weight of 267 pounds was 21 pounds lighter than for his second fight against Matt Skelton in July, his last outing.

72714438jg001_harrison_will.jpgIt's also five pounds lighter than he was for the first Harrison fight, and just two pounds heavier than for Tyson.

Harrison's 251.5 pounds is on the light side for him, and means Williams will have more than a stone advantage.

In the chief support, Amir Khan and Rachid Drilzane both scaled well inside the 10 stone lightw-welterweight limit. They fight for the IBF Intercontinental title.

Can't believe Williams is 21 pounds lighter than the fight with Skelton and 5 pounds lighter than the last fight with Audley.

And this on one week's notice! I was expecting him to come in about 25 stone.

It almost seems like he self sabotages during training?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much less is Audley then his last fight?

McGirt working his corner tonight?

Anyway that shove and swing is probably going to be more action then the fight has.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley is back with Thel Torrence.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Audley is back with Thel Torrence.
    How much is the stones he weighed?(I don't know the weight of stones anymore )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nevermind he's 251 which is 3 pounds over his last fight and 2 less then the last time he fought Williams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably more action than the actual fight will bring.

still............hope im very wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call me cynical but this billing needs all the publicity it can gain!

This whole billing has been cursed!
    I think its sad. No wonder we're the only fools who still bother!

Tc
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we probably are I don't see this anywhere on fightnews or other sites

Thread Information