Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Berto!

woooo! i just finished watching the replay of last nights fight. Jermain Taylor was very unimpressive but hey he got the win, that's all that matters. Was gona turn over when i saw Berto was up next and i had heard a few good things about this kid. Tell you what i WAS NOT disapointed! The kid is one very tasty boxer, i really can see him being a BIG fighter in the future. Amir Kahn my fooking arse! Very impressed!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto!

He did look good didnt he. Way bigger than the other fella but nice work all the same.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Berto was getting hit with too many clean shots going after the guy he was fighting and can be caught between wide swings. But as far as prospects go he's one of the best

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was good but I mean he should have finished him sooner and like I said for a split second he remimded me of Lacy ALL power not really boxing. (He did throw a good jab) but for the most part was going for the big punch. He landed solid but just couldn't finish Figueroa and he (Berto) got caught and IMO was pushed around for one round where Figueroa started letting his hands go.

A bit dissapointed at Figueroas corner for making him continue if Figueroa wanted out they should have let him out. Instead they send him out there for one more round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was actaully very impressed with his boxing skills for such a young kid! Very quick hands, faints then comes back, doesnt get too close to the opponent so he is tied up all the time, keeps them just at the right distance and boi can he CRACK! 5 or so more fights he could be very very dangerous. Berto vs Willaims in a few years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    I thought Berto was getting hit with too many clean shots going after the guy he was fighting and can be caught between wide swings. But as far as prospects go he's one of the best
    Have to agree with that. For now, just stay away anybody who can fight and with a quick hard jab and straight right.

He looked VERY dangerous in there though. He does remind me of a Lacy though. Dependent on explosive speed power.... muscle-bound.

El Kabong Guest

Berto needs to work on hitting and not getting hit. His hands are too low and he swings too wild. I would say take a page from Shane Mosley and keep your hands and head moving to confuse your opponent and jab out or tie up after your combinations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Berto has really good reflexes and great hand speed. It's obvious. I wouldn't worry about him getting hit with a couple clean shots. I think that once he felt his opponents power, he realized that nothing could hurt him and he just wanted to get the guy out of there. Berto is very impressive IMO. Once he steps up his level of competition, I think you'll see better defense from him. The guy has definite power at 147.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, reminded me of Lacy, the guy he was fighting had been stopped in 2 by Joel Casamayor 8 years ago.

he like Lacy will get overhyped through his build and style rather than the contents of his fights, he not that stocky, hes 5,9 which isnt short for welter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Hmm, reminded me of Lacy, the guy he was fighting had been stopped in 2 by Joel Casamayor 8 years ago.

he like Lacy will get overhyped through his build and style rather than the contents of his fights, he not that stocky, hes 5,9 which isnt short for welter
    No sir. All Lacy had was his "power." Berto has a great hand speed, great power, a great jab, and good footwork. His hype is legitimate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Second time is een him fight, but the first time i was impressed. I thought in the first few rounds he boxed well, used a nice jab, hardly took a hit - wasn't untill he could see this guy was going to get stopped that he got a lil carried away took some hits by looking for the Big KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He actually reminds me of Roy Jones Jr.(In his primes), he also has great speed and great build, I think he might make it far in the world of boxing, i just saw his 13th fight, very very impressive how he deals with all his opponents. Everyone was saying then that he wouldn't make in against a little heavier one's, when he upgrades to a higher class, but look what he did to figuera, i'm really impressed! Anyone knows when he's next fight is scheduled?
    Greetz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto is sick man. That kid has talent. He's actually a good boxer but damn does he have power. Even though he could rush out and probably knock these guys out in one round, he tends to be a smarter puncher, that's gonna help him out as his competition gets tougher. The only thing that I'm worried about with Berto is what weight he will be at, I want to see him stay at 147 until he can fight the elite but in his last fight he weighed in at 146 1/2 but then ballooned to like 165+ on fight night which means that's he's probably in too low a weight class and he'll have to start draining himself to make weight if he's not already. Hopefully, he just had a bad camp or something. He might have to move up to 154. I really wanna see Berto vs Williams or Tony or Collazo or Mosley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Berto is sick man. That kid has talent. He's actually a good boxer but damn does he have power. Even though he could rush out and probably knock these guys out in one round, he tends to be a smarter puncher, that's gonna help him out as his competition gets tougher. The only thing that I'm worried about with Berto is what weight he will be at, I want to see him stay at 147 until he can fight the elite but in his last fight he weighed in at 146 1/2 but then ballooned to like 165+ on fight night which means that's he's probably in too low a weight class and he'll have to start draining himself to make weight if he's not already. Hopefully, he just had a bad camp or something. He might have to move up to 154. I really wanna see Berto vs Williams or Tony or Collazo or Mosley.
    agreed he is a bull and I thought he was a hell of a combonation puncher, he mixed his punches up very well for a young fighter, my initial thought was the same as yours I dont think he can maintain 147 to much longer more like 154-160, I think he is a year away from fighting a Williams and 2 years from considering a Margarito or a Collazo, who knows this kid could be extrodinary for all we know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    agreed he is a bull and I thought he was a hell of a combonation puncher, he mixed his punches up very well for a young fighter, my initial thought was the same as yours I dont think he can maintain 147 to much longer more like 154-160, I think he is a year away from fighting a Williams and 2 years from considering a Margarito or a Collazo, who knows this kid could be extrodinary for all we know
    Yeah i actaully think he will be!

Thread Information