Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Killers vs. Every band out there.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Killers vs. Every band out there.....

Been meaning to post on this since "Sams Town" came out haven't had a chance 'till now....

Anywho!! sick ass album man.... IMO, Album of the Year... Stadium Arcadium a very close 2nd...

The Killers are in my top 3 fav. bands.....
    Sams Town is such a good album and Flowers is just a phenom.... If you haven't had a chance to hear the album I encourage you to do so..... Yeah! I think the Killers vs. Any band out there, the Killers blow them out hands down. At the moment The Killers are on top all by themselves the only other band that I would consider putting near then is Red Hot CP but other then that no one else... Not Fall out boy, Panic at the club or whatever...

Here are a few of the songs from the album...

Heres my fav. track...

Bones

[youtube=425,350]dpG03LzdlDA[/youtube]

My other fav. song is 'Uncle Johnny' couldn't find a decent video of it on YouTube.... :P

When you were young

[youtube=425,350]pLBStIyYzrE[/youtube]

For Reasons Unknown (Not the actual video)

[youtube=425,350]sjHvbHkSLDo[/youtube]

This River Is Wild (not actual video)

[youtube=425,350]VaU4tCrll0c[/youtube]

I strongly recommend hearing the ENTIRE ALBUM.... If anyone else has heard the album, Wadda' ya make of it?

Can't wait to see then out here in Los Angeles in '07...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Killers vs. Every band out there.....

CC, Mick...good choice of band

The Killers have really come into their own. Their debut was alright but not all that special as a cohesive set of songs. "Sam's Town" is a real step up though. Quality through and through. Top band!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, I don't see how you can even compare "The Killers" to the "Red Hot Chili Peppers".

RHCP are legends..The Killers are generic alt-pop! Stadium Arcadium is without a doubt much better album than Sam's Town.

Anyways, "the killers" arent even the best british band out there. "Muse" is much better:

[youtube=425,350]KR74TN8t7Gs[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]X9NbPGzwfc0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]kdpiiSbbkOI[/youtube]

They are amazing live as well. I have a buddy at OSU and Muse played a show in Columbus a couple months back and I got to see it. They rock pretty hard. I've seen RHCP in concert twice as well...amazing. As for the killers...I saw them perform on the tonight show and they sounded like crap! Bands that do good live shows have real skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    Man, I don't see how you can even compare "The Killers" to the "Red Hot Chili Peppers".

RHCP are legends..The Killers are generic alt-pop! Stadium Arcadium is without a doubt much better album than Sam's Town.

Anyways, "the killers" arent even the best british band out there. "Muse" is much better:
    aint they american
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC# 120 dasaam for your reply....

About the comparison of the Killers & RHCP, I clearly said at 'this moment' I gotta side with the Killers.... Now if we talk about overall & trajectory then I like you wouldn't even compare.... When you have albums like Blood SUgar Sex Magik, By The Way, Californication & Now Stadium Arcadium you can't compare not even JUST those 4 albums to 2 of the killers...
    SO yeah! I agree in a overall comparison .... Well there is none but a comparison in the now then I gotta side with the killers as Sams Town is a better album then Stadium Arcadium.....

If The Killers can be around for as long as the RHCP have been they will be VERY lucky....

Also please note: The Killers are NOT British.... They are from Las Vegas, Nevada

Muse well..... Not quite fond of the band if I'm honest.....

Other bands that I still have the verdict out on meaning if they can continue to impress me I might consider getting their music.

My Chemical Romance
    The Used
    Snow Patrol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds

aint they american

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

About the comparison of the Killers & RHCP, I clearly said at 'this moment' I gotta side with the Killers.... Now if we talk about overall & trajectory then I like you wouldn't even compare.... When you have albums like Blood SUgar Sex Magik, By The Way, Californication & Now Stadium Arcadium you can't compare not even JUST those 4 albums to 2 of the killers...
    SO yeah! I agree in a overall comparison .... Well there is none but a comparison in the now then I gotta side with the killers as Sams Town is a better album then Stadium Arcadium.....

If The Killers can be around for as long as the RHCP have been they will be VERY lucky....

Also please note: The Killers are NOT British.... They are from Las Vegas, Nevada

Other bands that I still have the verdict out on meaning if they can continue to impress me I might consider getting their music.

My Chemical Romance
    The Used
    Snow Patrol

For some reason I always thought they were a british group! But after checking into it I see I was wrong.

This is from wikipedia: "Much of The Killers' music is based on British influences (Indeed the band are often described as the "Best British band to have come out of America")"

So I guess that only makes me 99% wrong

It looks like you have good taste in music Mick. Im not too crazy about Chemical Romance or The Used, I think Snow Patrol is the best out of that group. Still, I dont like them enough to buy an album, but I have dled a few of their songs off itunes.

CC back to you. I was really impressed with everything I heard of Muse. I didnt know much about them until I saw them play, then I downloaded about 8 songs off itunes and really like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

btw, i'll have to give "Sams Town" more of a listen. I pretty much just judged it on their first album "Hot Fuss" which I didnt think was that great. But it seems like their new one is much better

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah! Hot Fuss was really good for a sophmore album my fav. song on that album is 'Midnight Show' fucken love that tune...

Don't worry almost EVERYONE thinks they are British....

Whats your take on the Strokes?

They are probably in my top. 5 fav. bands, I think 'Is this it' was such a good album Casablancas voice is just insane.... my fav. song on that album is 'Trying You Luck' such a good tune also...

'Room on Fire' the follow up was good but for some reason I didn't see it as a step up I felt the album just kept them there they didn't go up or down they just stayed constant... Hope I made sense with that last statement... :P

Fav. song from that album is 'Reptilia'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice, Mick! As I suspected you do have good taste in music! I remember those threads where you posted up some of the old school gangsta rap too, goes to show youre well versed

Im a big fan of the Strokes as well, but I agree with your take on "Room on Fire" but I still thought it was a pretty good album. "Reptillia" and "12:51" were my faves.

Do you listen to Incubus at all? I loved "Morning View" but couldnt really get into "A Crow left of the Murder" so Im hesitant to try their new album.

Here's a video of another one of the "The" bands: "The Stills" I never heard any of their other songs, but think this one is pretty good:

[youtube=425,350]oXM0nwtDUzU[/youtube]

I'm out for now! Need to take my last final, which I shouldve been studying for before this thread lol. peace

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me!!
    The Stills sound really good gonna have to give them ago right now and dig up some other stuff on them as YOU may very well know sometimes ONE song can be misleading
    Loving the tune + the guys voice just gives it that extra kick!!

About my music, my I-Pod has from Mexican Florkore Music to Salsa to R & B to Heavy Metal to Classical to Opera...

Incubus is good but if I'm honest I really havent given them the time to sit down and listen carefully to their music, what I like the most about Incubus is lyrics but as I said it's been limited what I;ve heard of them so I'm just judging them on that...

Good luck on your exam.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

My Chemical Romance
    The Used
    Snow Patrol

I give the killers the nod because they kinda do their own things but MCR and the used are absolute garbage.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

btw, i'll have to give "Sams Town" more of a listen. I pretty much just judged it on their first album "Hot Fuss" which I didnt think was that great. But it seems like their new one is much better
    "Hot fuss" has some decent tracks but too much generic filler. "Sam's Town" is a much better album. Agreed about Muse. Awesome band, that gets better with every album..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like alot of these bands like the killers, kaiser chiefs, alot of new indie type bands..
    Really fresh stuff you know.. None of this pop crap one hit wonders..
    entire albums of great songs is where its at..
    Not sure if they broke america..
    But Arctic monkey's give anything a run for they're money if thats your thing...
    the entire abum is just song after song of hard work and originality! lol
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting band Mick, I can appreciate the music for that style .

This band here has my ear at the moment... I dig the groove on this one.

UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS - MAMA'S ROOM

[youtube=425,350]18mPuMIxRlU[/youtube]

El Kabong Guest

The Killers are OK I guess but they aren't my favorite American Band at the moment though.

I like Electric Six...they have some pretty bad ass stuff
    [youtube=425,350]pSHMcVWo688[/youtube]

...decent band out of Australia Wolfmother
    [youtube=425,350]kvT9lMHYY8Q[/youtube]

I like The Hives as well...their frontman has the whole Mick Jagger thing down pat

Thread Information