Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default *Saddos 2006 Boxing Awards*

OK.... So we ALL (including myself) often complain about who gets the Fighter of the Year award, or Fight of the Year award...

That being said I though we could hold our own awards..... You can ONLY vote once per category... So heres how it's gonna go. I'm gonna create a list of the awards that we will be giving.... You will then reply with your nominees/votes and by the end of the month before the new year I will add up all the nominees and see who got the most votes.

Be sure you put them in the order which they appear so that votes are tallied correctly..... Put the number of the category beside your nominee. If you don't have a nominee for all category's right now you can post what you do have now and then comeback and edit your post before the end of the year. Lets do this people....

SADDOS 2006 BOXING AWARDS

1. Fighter of the year
    2. Fight of the year
    3. KO of the year
    4. Upset of the year
    5. Event of the year - This could be a fight, death, 1st Boxing World Cup held. etc. etc. etc.
    6. Round of the year
    7. Comeback fighter of the year - Meaning a fighter who came back in this year NOT a comeback in an actual fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: *Saddos 2006 Boxing Awards*

Heres my votes so far....

1. Pacquiao
    2. Vasquez vs. Gonzalez
    3. Daniel Ponce De Leon KO's Sod Looknongyangtoy
    4. Baldomir vs. Judah
    5. ODLH vs. Mayorga - No doubt that when this man fights EVERYONE & their mom is tuned in to the fight.....
    6. Rd. 5 of Somsak Sithchatchawal vs Mahyar Monshipour
    7. ODLH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Fighter of the year
    BIG VLADDY

2. Fight of the year

3. KO of the year
    RAHMAN - MASKAEV

4. Upset of the year
    JUDAH - BALDOZAR

5. Event of the year
    JUDAH - MAYWEATHER

6. Round of the year

7. Comeback fighter of the year

----------------------------------
    8. Worst judge of the year
    glen hamada

9. Best judge of the year
    john stewart

10.Best official
    LARRY HAZZARD

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad and Cotto sprang to mind for fighter of the year but I'd have to go with Pacquiao. Mentions to Nobuo Noshiro and Edwin Valero.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a list of HBOs 2006 fights http://www.hbo.com/boxing/past_fights/2006.html

a list of showtimes 2006 fights
    http://www.sho.com/site/boxing/results_archive.do

--

looking at the list i am reminded of the robbery of the year

Perez vs. Kirilov

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Showtime website is only available in the US. Can someone post the list?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Showtime Boxing: Showtime Championship Boxing's Complete Fight Archives for 2006

12/02/06: Showtime Boxing: Miguel Cotto vs. Carlos Quintana Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Miguel Cotto vs. Carlos Quintana Fight Videos
    Cotto vs. Quintana
    Margarito vs. Clottey
    Showtime Boxing: Miguel Cotto vs. Carlos Quintana Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

12/01/06:
    Santiago vs. Garcia
    Bradley vs. Rangel
    Showtime Boxing: Mario Santiago vs. Salvador Garcia Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

11/17/06: Showtime Boxing: Enrique Ornelas vs. Sam Soliman Fight Photos
    Ornelas vs. Soliman
    Walker vs. Estrada
    Showtime Boxing: Enrique Ornelas vs. Sam Soliman Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

11/04/06: Showtime Boxing: Sergei Liakhovich vs. Shannon Briggs Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Sergei Liakhovich vs. Shannon Briggs Fight Videos
    Liakhovich vs. Briggs
    Diaz vs. Angulo
    Showtime Boxing: Sergei Liakhovich vs. Shannon Briggs Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

11/03/06: Showtime Boxing: Kendall Holt vs. Isaac Hlatshwayo Fight Photos
    Holt vs. Hlatshwayo
    Alvarez vs. Gutierrez
    Showtime Boxing: Kendall Holt vs. Isaac Hlatshwayo Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

10/07/06: Showtime Boxing: Diego Corrales vs. Joel Casamayor Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Diego Corrales vs. Joel Casamayor Fight Videos
    Corrales vs. Casamayor
    Darchinyan vs. Donaire
    Showtime Boxing: Diego Corrales vs. Joel Casamayor Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

10/06/06: Showtime Boxing: Lafarrell Bunting vs. Anthony Hanshaw Fight Videos
    Bunting vs. Hanshaw
    Buchanan vs. Mendy
    Showtime Boxing: Lafarrell Bunting vs. Anthony Hanshaw Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

09/02/06: Showtime Boxing: James Toney vs. Samuel Peter Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: James Toney vs. Samuel Peter Fight Videos
    Toney vs. Peter
    Aiken vs. Guerrero
    Showtime Boxing: James Toney vs. Samuel Peter Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

08/05/06: Showtime Boxing: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Terdsak Jandaeng Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Terdsak Jandaeng Fight Videos
    Marquez vs. Jandaeng
    Marquez vs. Mabuza
    Showtime Boxing: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Terdsak Jandaeng Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

08/04/06: Showtime Boxing: Anthony Hanshaw vs. Esteban Camou Fight Photos
    Hanshaw vs. Camou
    Bunting vs. Herrera
    Showtime Boxing: Anthony Hanshaw vs. Esteban Camou Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

07/28/06: Showtime Boxing: Jean Paul Mendy vs. Dallas Vargas Fight Photos
    Mendy vs. Vargas
    Buchanan vs. Green-Arias
    Showtime Boxing: Jean Paul Mendy vs. Dallas Vargas Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

07/08/06: Showtime Boxing: Roman Karmazin vs. Cory Spinks Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Roman Karmazin vs. Cory Spinks Fight Videos
    Karmazin vs. Spinks
    Showtime Boxing: Roman Karmazin vs. Cory Spinks Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

07/01/06: Showtime Boxing: Chazz Witherspoon vs. Michael Alexander Fight Photos
    Witherspoon vs. Alexander
    McGirt, Jr. vs. Pryor
    Hearns vs. Hernandez
    Showtime Boxing: Chazz Witherspoon vs. Michael Alexander Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

06/23/06: Showtime Boxing: Robert Guerrero vs. Gamaliel Diaz Fight Photos
    Guerrero vs. Diaz
    Dirrell vs. Hall
    Dirrell vs. Morrow
    Showtime Boxing: Robert Guerrero vs. Gamaliel Diaz Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

06/03/06: Showtime Boxing: Vic Darchinyan vs. Luis Maldonado Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Vic Darchinyan vs. Luis Maldonado Fight Videos
    Darchinyan vs. Maldonado
    Showtime Boxing: Vic Darchinyan vs. Luis Maldonado Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

06/02/06:
    Harding vs. Dawson
    Santiago vs. DeVictoria
    Showtime Boxing: Eric Harding vs. Chad Dawson Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

05/06/06: Showtime Boxing: Alejandro Garcia vs. Jose Antonio Rivera Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Alejandro Garcia vs. Jose Antonio Rivera Fight Videos
    Garcia vs. Rivera
    Perez vs. Kirilov
    Showtime Boxing: Alejandro Garcia vs. Jose Antonio Rivera Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

05/05/06:
    Lopez vs. Donaire
    Buendia vs. Divison
    Showtime Boxing: Cesar Lopez vs. Glenn Donaire Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

04/28/06: Showtime Boxing: Lamont Peterson vs. Mario Jose Ramos Fight Photos
    Peterson vs. Ramos
    Peterson vs. White
    Showtime Boxing: Lamont Peterson vs. Mario Jose Ramos Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

04/01/06: Showtime Boxing: Lamon Brewster vs. Sergei Liakhovich Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Lamon Brewster vs. Sergei Liakhovich Fight Videos
    Brewster vs. Liakhovich
    Showtime Boxing: Lamon Brewster vs. Sergei Liakhovich Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

03/31/06: Showtime Boxing: Anthony Thompson vs. Darnell Boone Fight Videos
    Thompson vs. Boone
    Ortiz vs. Barrera
    Showtime Boxing: Anthony Thompson vs. Darnell Boone Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

03/04/06: Showtime Boxing: Jeff Lacy vs. Joe Calzaghe Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Jeff Lacy vs. Joe Calzaghe Fight Videos
    Lacy vs. Calzaghe
    Showtime Boxing: Jeff Lacy vs. Joe Calzaghe Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

03/03/06:
    Darchinyan vs. Gabi
    Mora vs. Nugaev
    Showtime Boxing: Vic Darchinyan vs. Diosdado Gabi Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

02/04/06: Showtime Boxing: Jose Castillo vs. Rolando Reyes Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Jose Castillo vs. Rolando Reyes Fight Videos
    Castillo vs. Reyes
    Santa Cruz vs. Cherry
    Showtime Boxing: Jose Castillo vs. Rolando Reyes Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

02/03/06:
    Powell vs. Frazier
    Berto vs. Tubbs
    Showtime Boxing: Sechew Powell vs. Robert Frazier Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

01/20/06: Showtime Boxing: Kahren Harutyunyan vs. Nonito Donaire Fight Photos
    Harutyunyan vs. Donaire
    Harris vs. Hernandez
    Showtime Boxing: Kahren Harutyunyan vs. Nonito Donaire Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

01/07/06: Showtime Boxing: Zab Judah vs. Carlos Baldomir Fight Photos Showtime Boxing: Zab Judah vs. Carlos Baldomir Fight Videos
    Judah vs. Baldomir
    Mormeck vs. Bell
    Showtime Boxing: Zab Judah vs. Carlos Baldomir Fight Page and Fighter Profiles

01/06/06: Showtime Boxing: Joel Julio vs. Robert Kamya Fight Photos
    Julio vs. Kamya
    Martinez vs. Ledesma

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Sal

4. Judah Baldomir
    5. Grand Finale

Im tempted to nominate Pacquiao's KO of Morales as KO of the year. Im sure there have been more violent blows delivered but it was hugely significant.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    OK.... So we ALL (including myself) often complain about who gets the Fighter of the Year award, or Fight of the Year award...

That being said I though we could hold our own awards..... You can ONLY vote once per category... So heres how it's gonna go. I'm gonna create a list of the awards that we will be giving.... You will then reply with your nominees/votes and by the end of the month before the new year I will add up all the nominees and see who got the most votes.

Be sure you put them in the order which they appear so that votes are tallied correctly..... Put the number of the category beside your nominee. If you don't have a nominee for all category's right now you can post what you do have now and then comeback and edit your post before the end of the year. Lets do this people....

1. Fighter of the year
    2. Fight of the year
    3. KO of the year
    4. Upset of the year
    5. Event of the year
    6. Round of the year

1. Joe Calzaghe
    2. John Duddy v Yory Boy Campas
    3. Ewin de Valro

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Fighter of the year
    2. Fight of the year
    3. KO of the year
    4. Upset of the year
    5. Event of the year
    6. Round of the year

1. Joe Calzaghe
    2. John Duddy v Yory Boy Campas
    3. Edwin de Valero
    4. Chris John beating Juan Manuel Marquez
    5. Gatti v Baldo
    6. Calzaghe v Lacy Rd 11
    7. Evander Holyfield

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Fighter of the year
    2. Fight of the year
    3. KO of the year
    4. Upset of the year
    5. Event of the year
    6. Round of the year

1. Manny Pacquiao
    2. Bell - Mormeck
    3. D-Hop KO Warrick
    4. Baldomir UD Judah
    5. Event? Like card? Or just biggest fight? Biggest fight of the year was Mayweather - Judah
    6. No idea.
    7. Shannon Briggs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacquaio i think should be fighter of the year

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

1. Fighter of the year
    2. Fight of the year
    3. KO of the year
    4. Upset of the year
    5. Event of the year
    6. Round of the year

1. Manny Pacquiao
    2. Bell - Mormeck
    3. Maskaev KO Rahman
    4. Baldomir UD Judah
    5. Event? Like card? Or just biggest fight? Biggest fight of the year was Mayweather - Judah
    6. No idea.
    7. Shannon Briggs
    see 1st post above for Event....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Manny Pacquiao
    2. Monshipor vv Sitchwahalals
    3. Wlad ko of the tap dancer.
    4. Baldomir v Judah
    5. Passing of Floyd Patterson R.I.P
    6. Round 2 Calzaghe v Lacy (Pure class, lead to Calzaghe claiming in the corner Lacy can't punch shit )
    7. Bernard Hopkins
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Fighter of the year

Floyd Mayweather

2. Fight of the year
    Bell vs. Mormeck

3. KO of the year
    Daniel Ponce De Leon against Sod Looknongyangtoy(surprised people havent picked this)

4. Upset of the year
    Baldomir vs. Judah

5. Event of the year - This could be a fight, death, 1st Boxing World Cup held. etc. etc. etc.
    Pacquiao vs. Morales III

6. Round of the year

Carlos Baldomir

Thread Information