Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Robert Guerrero fighting for vacant IBF title. This is just wrong!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robert Guerrero fighting for vacant IBF title. This is just wrong!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...pWhxjqRty.html

Guerrero-Abazi for IBF title!

Tuesday, December 19 2006

By Thomas Jensen

According to Danish promoter Bettina Palle, former IBF champ American Robert Guerrero (19-2-1, 12 KOs) will fight Spend Abazi of Denmark (35-1, 10 KOs) for the vacant IBF featherweight title. Palle confirms that both parties have agreed that the title fight will take place in Denmark sometime early next year. Robert Guerrero became IBF champ in September 2005, when he stopped fellow American Eric Aiken in the eighth round. The title was, however, declared vacant, when Mexican Orlando Salido tested positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone in a pre-fight drug test prior to his win over Guerrero in November. Guerrero and Abazi were thereafter installed as official challengers. Spend Abazi is a former European bantam champ and holds wins against notable names such as Russian Dimitri Kirilov in 2002 and former IBF super bantam champ South African Lehlohonolo Ledwaba in 2004.

This is wrong because Salido tested negative in the B sample, why did they still strip his title from him This is wrong! If anyone should be fighting Guerrero for the vacant title its Salido!!
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Guerrero fighting for vacant IBF title. This is just wrong!

Yep definately a bad decision..
    Guererro shocked me how bad he was against salido.. i was really getting caught up in the hype thinkin yehh this kid aint bad bla bla maybe a big name in future but i was severely disapointed with his last fight
    Just had no game...
    Salido on the other hand i said well .. fair play to him he won the fight.. got the title
    and i was pissed cos salido got payed peanuts for that fight and its was a world title fight!
    The guy probably never thought he'd get a world title fight since he's been fighting from a young age witht the main priority bieng to put food on his table..
    Deffo a bullshit decision! .. Ty for the news Maj..cc
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In 24 then..... Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Guerrero as a fighter, but this clearly would make him a paper champion. He needs to rematch Salido

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guerrero's been given every chance to succeed. Brought up as a prospect, loses to a guy he has no business losing to, gets a rematch, then gets a chance to win an IBF title against as mediocre a titleholder as you're ever gonna find, then gets his first defense against a guy that can only be described as solid, gets his ass kicked, then somehow manages to find a way to fight for the vacant title his next time out.

But I wouldn't get too worried about it Majesty, even if he manages to win the title I don't see him holding on to it for long, he's just not that good of a fighter IMO. That and he's a DQ waiting to happen.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I like Guerrero as a fighter, but this clearly would make him a paper champion. He needs to rematch Salido
    Agreed. I don't know, he was really good in the Aiken fight despite the below the belt antics and he's a guy whom I think has the tools to be good. Problem is he just isn't sometimes. Every once in a while he just loses something, and comes out flat. Don't know what it is either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...pWhxjqRty.html

Guerrero-Abazi for IBF title!

Tuesday, December 19 2006

By Thomas Jensen

According to Danish promoter Bettina Palle, former IBF champ American Robert Guerrero (19-2-1, 12 KOs) will fight Spend Abazi of Denmark (35-1, 10 KOs) for the vacant IBF featherweight title. Palle confirms that both parties have agreed that the title fight will take place in Denmark sometime early next year. Robert Guerrero became IBF champ in September 2005, when he stopped fellow American Eric Aiken in the eighth round. The title was, however, declared vacant, when Mexican Orlando Salido tested positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone in a pre-fight drug test prior to his win over Guerrero in November. Guerrero and Abazi were thereafter installed as official challengers. Spend Abazi is a former European bantam champ and holds wins against notable names such as Russian Dimitri Kirilov in 2002 and former IBF super bantam champ South African Lehlohonolo Ledwaba in 2004.

This is wrong because Salido tested negative in the B sample, why did they still strip his title from him This is wrong! If anyone should be fighting Guerrero for the vacant title its Salido!!
    Salido's original test was positive for the steroid Nandrolone , that don't happen by accident . he has hearing scheduled early next year. He is therefore stripped.

Thread Information