Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Pick top two prospects destined for greatness

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the top prospect-prodigy in boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian
    [youtube=425,350]QlEWBQs9cCs[/youtube]

Great prospect from the Philippines:

Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista

W21 L0 D0 KO16

Peace
    Embedded it for you-edit-didn't work

Anyway, you know anything about another Phillipine prospect named Z Gorres?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC Oumafan,I really like Linares...when did he spar with De Leon? Edwin Valero has moved camp to Japan and I heard he is linking up with Linares,possibly same stables?? Anyway,I hope Linares helps Valero polish up!! I heard Bute is impressive too..

Can anyone give me more info on Juan Manuel Lopez?
    CC. Linares looks pretty good. I don't know if he and Valero are with the same people but its possible. I don't know exactly when Linares and Ponce sparred, I read about it I think about 2 or 3 months ago but I'm not sure when it happened. Keep in mind he is a bit bigger than Ponce although I could see his style giving Ponce some problems.

I've only seen Lopez once, it was on the undercard of some PPV, can't remember which. He looked pretty good, although he was fighting a guy brought in to lose, but that's no different than most prospects. If I remember correctly he was a southpaw, kind of a counterpuncher but looked like he had some power too. Looked pretty good.
    LOL,yeah,I can imagine Ponce being schooled by someone who is a technically astute boxer. I'll keep my eye out for Lopez. I tell you who is a good fighter,someone we have spoken about before, Lorenzo Parra. I saw some more of him,he's really impressive,does everything well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEWBQs9cCs

Great prospect from the Philippines:

Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista

W21 L0 D0 KO16

Peace
    Cool Clci,I#m really really impressed by Boom Boom and I'm glad he has opted not to rush into a fight with Ponce De Leon,Ponce would savage him at this point but I think in a years time, Boom Boom will be a handful for anyone. Anyone likie Z Gorres? I have yet to see him fight,meant to be really good though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gorres' reputation was cemented with a one round blowout of Glenn Donaire in his 22nd bout. He did have one slip on his resume, when he was TKOed by journeyman Edgar Rodrigo, in which he was knocked down three times before the referee stopped the bout. It looks to be more of a Kostya Tszyu type loss, where he has learned from it and progressed in spite of the setback. Team Gorres knows a title shot is not far off, and in 2006 they scheduled four keep busy fights which Z won handily.

Just some info I found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhhzBbGvApw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhhzBbGvApw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Z Gorres

Sorry poor quality, this is the least i can find. My apologies.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone got info on this guy? Joe Greene is 13-0. 2004 National Gold Gloves champion. He fought on the same card as Quillin on FNF a while back. The card that Tua fought on. I vaguely remember him. I think he is trained by Dan Birmingham? I really can't remember. Searching Youtube got me nothing either. Not the stiffest of comp but he has a nice little record. CC for any info.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Anyone got info on this guy? Joe Greene is 13-0. 2004 National Gold Gloves champion. He fought on the same card as Quillin on FNF a while back. The card that Tua fought on. I vaguely remember him. I think he is trained by Dan Birmingham? I really can't remember. Searching Youtube got me nothing either. Not the stiffest of comp but he has a nice little record. CC for any info.
    I think I've seen him twice. I know for sure that I saw him on the webcast of the Duddy-Campos fight, I think I might have seen him on ESPN 2 sometime. Um, he looked solid, nothing really stood out to me although I haven't seen him much. He's kind of a compact guy, seemed short for the weight, looked pretty strong, pretty quick, nothing really jumped out though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    I think I've seen him twice. I know for sure that I saw him on the webcast of the Duddy-Campos fight, I think I might have seen him on ESPN 2 sometime. Um, he looked solid, nothing really stood out to me although I haven't seen him much. He's kind of a compact guy, seemed short for the weight, looked pretty strong, pretty quick, nothing really jumped out though.
    Probably the same reason I'm not remembering him. CC.

I'm pretty sure he is trained by Birmingham to, because the next day I was thinking back and thinking of Quillin being trained by Birmingham and he isn't. So I'm guessing I mixed him up with Green.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhhzBbGvApw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fhhzBbGvApw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Z Gorres

Sorry poor quality, this is the least i can find. My apologies.
    [youtube=425,350]fhhzBbGvApw[/youtube] hows that?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alexander Povetkin is really the hottest prospect. This guy is really really good and can bang with both hand. I just find him too offensive and then defenseless sometime...but well...offense is the best defense isn't ? ^^

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bernabe Concepcion (20-1-1, 11 ko's) he's only 18 years old
    Anthony Hanshaw (21-0, 14 ko's) he's been in limbo for awhile but seem's to be getting back on track. He's suppose to fight overrated prospect Jean Paul Mendy in his next fight
    Raul Martinez (17-0, 12 ko's) You don't hear much about this young American Bantamweight, I don't know why.
    Jorge Teron (14-0-1, 11 ko's) Young Lightweight who's train by former Amuter great Mark Breland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alex John Banal 10-0 (8ko) 17yr phillipine phenom, already destroyed 2 other good propects and will be taking apart in the Mexico-Phillipines CUP
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=318900
    [youtube=425,350]GSarASQ-wvo[/youtube]
    [youtube=425,350]HHPPkypfCSA[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm tired of looking on youtube, anybody else know of a good prospect that's under the radar?
    17 year old alex john aj "bazooka" banal. watch out for this kid.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love the sig Kiss

But I found a guy to look out for. And I really mean it.

Aaron Williams is an undefeated cruiserweight. Really fast. Works well with both hands. Punches in high volume. Has good defense. Decent pop. Throws real straight and doesn't throw the same combo twice. Works good from the outside and and inside out. REALLY someone to look out for. Only 20 years old and a cruiserweight. Absolute manchild. He looks like he'll be a heavyweight one day.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=297748

El Kabong Guest

Eddie Chambers hasn't been on tv yet I don't think

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Giovanni Segura