Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default OSCAR v FLOYD The Biggest fight in Boxing History "let's get it on"

This is gonna be massive and i can't wait.
    Huge fight alert
    Im going with Oscar by late KO
    He has the power over Floyd and i feel will go after him very early and test his chin.
    I also don't think that Floyd can hurt Oscar at 154 at all and that Oscar will walk through him to victory.
    What a treat this is and Massive respect to Floyd for moving up another weight.
    These are the fights we need and now we have one
    http://15rounds.com/boxing/press/2006/12/mgm-122006.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OSCAR v FLOYD The Biggest fight in Boxing History "let's get it on"

Couldn't say it better myself, nice take. Oscar by Knockout I call it in 6 rounds. Did you catch the ridiculous post about Oscar getting his face messed up. There is a training video on how Floyd is preparing for this mega fight on that post. It is how he prepared for Baldomir also - check it out its really cool.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is gonna get schooled
    154 is too big of an ask of him and then Oscar comes into the equation.
    Don't anyone rule out the blatant points draw/rematch fix/swindel Draw though
    Racking my brain retro style and wondering just how many years we go back to compare to this matchup to another old classic.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eh, still a little apprehensive. I just think for it to be a legit superfight, superfight as in Dempsey - Tunney, Ali - Foreman, Hagler - Hearns proportions. Something is missing. Boxing is at the level it was in those days, so I don't see how this fight could be equal to those others. Biggest fight of this generation? Probably. But don't think ANY fight at this point can be as big as some of the past fights. I mean the only boxing news I've heard on ESPN in the past couple weeks have been Rocky sneak peaks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What could be missing about this fight?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    What could be missing about this fight?
    Boxing's popularity. I mean it's a fine matchup but boxing just isn't that popular anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Floyd will outspeed Oscar, that's for sure, but then Oscar power will be too much for floyd.

I think Oscar is smart enough to do his own tactic in this one, I just hope we won't see an Oscar chasing Floyd and only landing power shot 5that would be a huge mistake). he has to establish his jab, dodge and jab and then land power shot to the body and face when floyd is under pressure.

I think you have to frustrate Floyd if you want to win, just to be strong and fast enough to not let him counter you and run afterwards...Oscar is definitely the one who can do that....

Oscar by TKO in the 11th round.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar has the ring generalship to block Floyd in every department
    I think that it boils down to Oscar being fit enough....if he is then he wins

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now for the fight. SO many intangibles for this fight. Moreso then any other fight in recent memory. Wrote an article about it on the front page a while back.

There is Oscar's age and inactivity. Look at his last few fights. He squeeked by with a decision over Sturm, one he probably didn't deserve. Then the B-Hop fight. Then a year or so of inactivity before he beatdown Mayorga. Oscar is well past his best, Floyd is looking like he could be the best fighter of this whole generation. I mean on paper it seems like a no brainer. In fact sometimes I tend to beleive it'll be a wash but who knows?

Then there is Oscar's power. Oscar holds the power in the lead hand and Floyd makes a living off making the first punch miss. And he's faced a lot faster fighters then Oscar. But what happens when one does connect? Best case scenario for Floyd, the fight goes 12. He can't go 12 full rounds avoiding the lead left hook. So how is he going to react? I think the only time we've seen him rocked was against Chop Chop. And he reacted really well and came back to win the round. De La Hoya isn't Chop Chop. But in some ways his power is overrated imo since most of it is in that lead left hand (Oscar is left handed) and he doesn't deal to much damage with the right. But still, he's a smart fighter and he'll find a way to land.

Of course there is the weight. If I recall correctly (and I could be wrong) but didn't Floyd come in at about 154 the day of the Judah fight? He probably isn't going to put on much weight for De La Hoya so I don't think he'll be hindered to much. And how much will cutting weight effect Oscar? Not to much I don't think but you never know.

I think the thing that is most interesting is the spotlight. The stage. Floyd LOVES attention. Need proof? Look at his entrance versus Baldomir (which I found hillarious). De La Hoya has been the Gold standard for a while now. He is as accustomed to this level of publicity then anybody is. Compared to what Oscar has done, Floyd's career is a mere afterthought. So...how will Floyd handle this? He won't just be talking to Brian Kenny and website press every once and a while now, he'll be hit with an onslaught EVERYDAY. Will it effect him? I tend to think it will just because he doesn't know how to say no to publicity. Oscar on the other hand has been through this for over a decade now.

IMO, Floyd is the safe bet. In fact I think he wins this fight going away. But there are all extras that don't guarantee that. Should be a fun couple of months for boxing fans in leading up to the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oscar ko 9

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't remember a time Oscar throwing punches well while he has to move his feet
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amat terrific post cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is not really a power puncher so i will be really surprised if he knocks out oscar my dad which is a boxing expert told me Floyd would win this fight because Oscar's is not the same Oscar we are used to watching blah blah i dont care i just dont think Floyd could beat Oscar.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Amat terrific post cc
    CC returned. Certainly an interesting fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Oscar has the ring generalship to block Floyd in every department
    I think that it boils down to Oscar being fit enough....if he is then he wins
    Please Floyd is gonna control Oscar like a Playstation remote. I don't give a sh!t how 'fit' Oscar comes in. He's gonna get so owned he'll literally be seeing a shrink for 6 months after trying to help find his lost dignity.

Thread Information