0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is this guy underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Like Wacko said he isn't underrated just boring
    I am not believing you actually think that he's boring. Shocked on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by spine_buster
    He's not underrated. And besides how can we rate him, he's still untested. Gotta fight big guys on his division.
    He's been tested & passed with flying colors. He got dropped hard by Pac & then got up 3 times to outbox him. Also, he's fought some damn good fighters in his weight class. Gainer, Peden, & Cabrera were all damn good boxers & he handled them well.

Also...the loss to Chris John was a BS hometown call, IWO.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

He's not underrated. And besides how can we rate him, he's still untested. Gotta fight big guys on his division.
    He's been tested & passed with flying colors. He got dropped hard by Pac & then got up 3 times to outbox him. Also, he's fought some damn good fighters in his weight class. Gainer, Peden, & Cabrera were all damn good boxers & he handled them well.

Got your point dude. But I just want to see him fight the top superfeatherweights. Yeah, he outboxed Pac on their fight. But we all know a damn judge had a mistake. That fight isnt a draw. But the point is Pac didnt KO'd him and JMM dominated the rest of the fight. Also that way back, Pac was a pure slugger . So,now a win against Pac would truly convince me that JMM was just underrated then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got your point dude. But I just want to see him fight the top superfeatherweights. Yeah, he outboxed Pac on their fight. But we all know a damn judge had a mistake. That fight isnt a draw. But the point is Pac didnt KO'd him and JMM dominated the rest of the fight. Also that way back, Pac was a pure slugger . So,now a win against Pac would truly convince me that JMM was just underrated then.
    If JMM get a chance to fight pacman expect JMM to win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENBOY213

If JMM get a chance to fight pacman expect JMM to win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK maybe boring is a bit harsh..He just doesnt catch My attention in any special way....IMO he is good but not a spectacular attention getting type guy...Again I stress just because I don't care for his style does not mean I don't think he is a quality fighter
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So,now a win against Pac would truly convince me that JMM was just underrated then.
    Very good point...thing is...you know...alot of people think & believe that.

Me? I just think that he needs to fight Harrison & Barrera first. I'd love to see him in with Barrera...personally...I think that he'd outbox him down the stretch of 12.

I'd also pick him over Pac in a rematch.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So,now a win against Pac would truly convince me that JMM was just underrated then.
    Very good point...thing is...you know...alot of people think & believe that.

Me? I just think that he needs to fight Harrison & Barrera first. I'd love to see him in with Barrera...personally...I think that he'd outbox him down the stretch of 12.

I'd also pick him over Pac in a rematch.
    Against Barrera would be a BOXING match. I would love to see that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not underrated BUT unappreciated.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not underrated at all. infact i think his reputation far exceeds his resume. his turned into a legend for surviving the 3kd's against pac and out boxing him(which isnt hard to do) for the majority of the rds. i think he is deff elite level and could beat the big3 but unlike EM, MAb or Pac he doesnt have the resume to be called a legend yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Not underrated BUT unappreciated.....
    You're absolutely right. He is unappreciated unlike Morales and Barrera. Maybe its because Morales owns Tijuana and Barrera rules Mexico City right? And he has never fought any of the two so people cant appreciate what he has done. I think win or lose against EM or MAB... fans will appreciate you. You just have to fight with all your heart like the way they fight and you have put on a show.

And I also think Marquez has been overrated sometimes. Just like against Jaca. Everyone is puffed about how he schooled Manny but he had his hand full against a fighter whos in a lower level. Maybe Jaca has showed signs hes gonna be good. But I cant see how Marquez boxing's skill is rated as the best watching that fight. Hence I suppose he has an 'overhyped counterpunching skills'.

Thread Information