Then whose No. 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No. 1 P4P race between PBF and Pac

The debate rages on over in Wackoland on our P4P Rankings & Ratings board.

Take the vote & post your thoughts.

Here's the link:
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,39065.0.html
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spine_buster
    What if?

again

WHAT IF?

Pac vs MAB= Pac KO'd Barrera
    PBF vs Oscar= PBF outboxes Oscar in a convincing UD

Then whose No. 1
    We have to see if they do anything else in 2007, if they both retire after that we'd have to look at their accomplishments.

PAC - Titles at Flyweight, Super Bantam, Feather, Super Feather

Notable wins: MAB (would be twice in your scenario), Erik Morales (twice), Oscar Larios, 3K Battery

Record: 44-3-2 (35 KOs) (again assuming your scenario)

PBF - Titles at Super Featherweight, Lightweight, Light Welterweight, Welterweight and Light Middleweight (based on your scenario)

Notable wins: ODLH, Judah, Gatti, Castillo (twice), Corrales, Baldomir, Mitchell, Chavez

Record: 38-0-0 (24 KOs) (assuming your scenario)

Given just these fights I would have PBF at #1 with PAC right behind him, however if PAC follows up with pretty much anything, I would give it to him.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO, the fact that Floyd is still able to be dominant when he is probably now two or three weight classes above his most effective weight class will keep him at #1 P4P. Manny beating MAB again doesn't do anything for me because he's already demolished him, beating Marquez convincingly will help, but in my opinion the only way Pac-Man will move to #1 P4P past Floyd (if Floyd keeps winning) is by moving to lightweight and beating a titlist or if Manny can DOMINATE Marquez, MAB, and Valero.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if?

again

WHAT IF?

Pac vs MAB II= Pac KO'd Barrera

Then whose No. 1
    Winky Wright...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac is number 3 behind Winky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think its

PBF
    WInky
    Pacquaio

IMO its about who would beat who p4p, and both of these guys would beat Pacquaio more easily than one might suspect... especially Winky who's jab would fubar Pacquaio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny and Floyd Mayweather IMO should be at the top. They dominate their opponents in such stylistic fashion more than any other boxer right now. Winky drew with Taylor while Manny finished El Terrible twice and outboxed Oscar Larios. While Mayweather has had a dominating year too. Defeated Judah and then took Baldomir to school. Its the Pound 4 Pound rankings. It is a ranking. And they should be rank on whos had a great year and a dominating performance over their opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF until he puts in a bad performance, he has waited for the #1 spot for years despite chasing Mosley, Trinidad, Hopkins, Jones. He alway's has hovered around #2, number 1 is his now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mutt
    Manny and Floyd Mayweather IMO should be at the top. They dominate their opponents in such stylistic fashion more than any other boxer right now. Winky drew with Taylor while Manny finished El Terrible twice and outboxed Oscar Larios. While Mayweather has had a dominating year too. Defeated Judah and then took Baldomir to school. Its the Pound 4 Pound rankings. It is a ranking. And they should be rank on whos had a great year and a dominating performance over their opponents.
    Winky beat a up comming Taylor, and by far outpunched Jermain. He also gave Trinidad a worse boxing lesson than Pacquaio did Larios who didn't look all that sharp. Manny beat already done Morales twice which isn't impressive imo... his only really impressive fight was against Barrera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if?

again

WHAT IF?

Then whose No. 1
    bro, in my opinion if your scenario happens then PBF should still be the #1 p4p. pacman already ko'd barrera once but oscar havent outboxed on his carreer in 12 rds. it is more appreciative to watch PBF outbox a very good technical boxer like oscar. but pacman is #2 behind him. there's no way winky is ahead pacman in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good thoughts people...please take the vote & post your thoughts over in Wackoland on our P4P Rankings & Ratings board.

Here's the link:
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,39065.0.html
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superproxy
    What if?

again

WHAT IF?

Then whose No. 1
    bro, in my opinion if your scenario happens then PBF should still be the #1 p4p. pacman already ko'd barrera once but oscar havent outboxed on his carreer in 12 rds. it is more appreciative to watch PBF outbox a very good technical boxer like oscar. but pacman is #2 behind him. there's no way winky is ahead pacman in my opinion.
    I have to agree with you bro. Although I like PAC more than PBF, Pac would be #1 in my list once he takes sweet revenge on Marquez. As such, I still question PBF's perfect record as he did lose to Castillo in his first fight (IMO). Admittedly, PBF made up by giving Castillo a boxing lesson in the second fight. Still OLDH, despite his being a legend and all is not as sharp as he was. Maybe, if PBF fights and wins in convincing fashion the one who knocked out OLDH, he will be undisputed. But until then. should PBF rest in his laurels beating OLDH and PAC moves on to defeat Marquez, Valero and Guzman, I would put PAC on top for a very long time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If PBF beats Oscar then he will be a clear p4p, even if Pacquiao beats Barrera again it shouldn't even be a debate, not even close.

Pacquiao has done extremely well and is an exciting fighter but he has losses on his record, is relatively one dimensional and it's unclear whether he is truly the best super feather out there, or whether his rise and coincided with the decline of the old guard in Barrera and Morales.

Floyd is unbeaten, would be a champion at 5 different weights if he beats Oscar.

Pacquiao has still yet to win a world title at superfeather weight, even though in the eyes of virtually everyone he is the man to beat at that weight. But he still lost to Morales in his only world title challenge at 130, so he needs to do a lot more before he can be seen to challenge Mayweathers spot.

To be honest I don't think its possible for him to do it, because in my estimation he would need to move up again and win a world title at lightweight for his acomplishments to match Floyd's and he just isn't big enough.

Thread Information