Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fights that HAVE to be blowouts or I lose respect for the favorite

With all these fighters nowadays, pickin and choosin, sifting through opponents fighting a maximum of three fights a year, I can see why the general public is becoming disinfranchised with boxing. That being said, the following fights MUST be completely one-sided IMO to regain any respect.

Valuev vs. McCline
    Daws vs. Morrison
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo
    Munyai vs. Power
    Calzaghe vs. Manfredo

Fights that should be close that I look forward to

Toney vs. Peter
    Adamek vs. Dawson
    Mayweather vs. de la Hoya

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fights that HAVE to be blowouts or I lose respect for the favorite

Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo
    Calzaghe vs. Manfredo Jr. (won't be a blowout but he'll give calzaghe fits)

Think these will be fairly close...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo

I don't think there is any reason for these fights to be close at all.

Urango, is perhaps THE slowest fighter I've ever scene, he's gonna be target practice for Ricky's body shots

Ngoudjo, he, well most of you haven't seen him I will assume so here is a clip
    [youtube=425,350]6RkFAcirNbM[/youtube] he is the one that looks like he is paralyzed.
    Emanual Augustus got robbed big time in this fight.

And PRIDE, I know you like Manfredo, but he is not ready for this step-up yet, he needs to tighten up that defense a little more, it's not nearly up to par with Joe's speed.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ones listed will be onesided IMO.

Ive said before that I dont think Hatton will demolish Urango but give him a sustained beatdown for the duration.

Another one that catches the eye is Munyai V Power. I cant see any reason why Munyai wont dominate Power but he does take a few rounds to get warmed up so it will be another late stoppage for me.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo

Urango, is perhaps THE slowest fighter I've ever scene, he's gonna be target practice for Ricky's body shots

[youtube=425,350]6RkFAcirNbM[/youtube] he is the one that looks like he is paralyzed.

And PRIDE, I know you like Manfredo, but he is not ready for this step-up yet, he needs to tighten up that defense a little more, it's not nearly up to par with Joe's speed.

I honestly think the Hatton fight will be closer then expected

I have seen Ngoudjo fight prior and I think he is very inconsistent in his getting in shape for fights... One of his biggest problems...

As far as Manfredo... As I said I think He will give Joe a better fight then we think... You won't find in any thread where I said I expect him to win this fight... I hope he hets lucky cuz no he is not on his level but he always brings the fight to the guy and is good @ recognizing and adapting since going with roach albiet fighting extremely flawed fighters... I have high hopes... My highest is just that he does not get embarassed... I do agree with all the rest of your post though... CC my friend
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With all these fighters nowadays, pickin and choosin, sifting through opponents fighting a maximum of three fights a year, I can see why the general public is becoming disinfranchised with boxing. That being said, the following fights MUST be completely one-sided IMO to regain any respect.

Valuev vs. McCline
    Daws vs. Morrison
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo
    Munyai vs. Power
    Calzaghe vs. Manfredo

Toney vs. Peter
    Adamek vs. Dawson

Why's these two fights amongst this lot?

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo

I have seen Ngoudjo fight prior and I think he is very inconsistent in his getting in shape for fights... One of his biggest problems...

As far as Manfredo... As I said I think He will give Joe a better fight then we think... You won't find in any thread where I said I expect him to win this fight... I hope he hets lucky cuz no he is not on his level but he always brings the fight to the guy and is good @ recognizing and adapting since going with roach albiet fight extremely flawed fighters... I have high hopes... My highest is just that he does not get embarassed... I do agree with all the rest though... CC my friend
    CC in 24, haven't spoken with ya much lately bro, I don't think Manfredo will be embarressed, as I don't think anyone will expect to much from him, he had better be working on his defense night and day until then, because throwing off Calzaghe's pitter pat flurries is the only chance he's got.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Valuev vs. McCline
    Daws vs. Morrison
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo
    Munyai vs. Power
    Calzaghe vs. Manfredo

Toney vs. Peter
    Adamek vs. Dawson

Daws I can see why you might not see him with the others, but now is the time for him to move from prospect to contender, and he needs to do that in a convincing fashion, which he should be able to do.

Munyai just blew out Power in June, not sure why he is fighting him again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JC MUST blow out Manfredo otherwise he'll get EVEN MORE critics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo

As far as Manfredo... As I said I think He will give Joe a better fight then we think... You won't find in any thread where I said I expect him to win this fight... I hope he hets lucky cuz no he is not on his level but he always brings the fight to the guy and is good @ recognizing and adapting since going with roach albiet fight extremely flawed fighters... I have high hopes... My highest is just that he does not get embarassed... I do agree with all the rest though... CC my friend
    CC in 24, haven't spoken with ya much lately bro, I don't think Manfredo will be embarressed, as I don't think anyone will expect to much from him, he had better be working on his defense night and day until then, because throwing off Calzaghe's pitter pat flurries is the only chance he's got.
    No truer WORDS!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valuev vs. McCline
    Daws vs. Morrison
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo
    Munyai vs. Power
    Calzaghe vs. Manfredo

Toney vs. Peter
    Adamek vs. Dawson

In those fights I lost the little respect i had for the favorite just cuz he took the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Valuev vs. McCline
    Daws vs. Morrison
    Hatton vs. Urango
    Castillo vs. Ngoudjo
    Munyai vs. Power
    Calzaghe vs. Manfredo

Toney vs. Peter
    Adamek vs. Dawson

Daws I can see why you might not see him with the others, but now is the time for him to move from prospect to contender, and he needs to do that in a convincing fashion, which he should be able to do.

Munyai just blew out Power in June, not sure why he is fighting him again.

OK, don't think Daws is anything special so a British title fight seems a bit odd amongst World title fights..."proven" champs.

Power was ahead on the cards (wrongly) when the fight was stopped (some argue prematurely), sure they wouldn't be fighting Munyai again if they didn't think they could win (get the nod) this time.....Thats one reason, anyway.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm only looking at Hatton & Joe Cs performances.... and I agree with you they BETTER! blow them out... So they can both move on and fight someone with credibility....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the following fights MUST be completely one-sided IMO to regain any respect.

Valuev vs. McCline
    Mind you McCline went to a Split decision with Byrd

HE lost to Calvin Brock by only 2 rounds on 2 judges scorecards and one round on another 93-97,93-96,94-96

If only 2 rounds had swung McClines way we have
    95-95,95-94,96-94 A majority decision for Mcline!
    so it was pretty close!

MAY i assume that you have no respect for those two fighters then?

Klitschko got him out but it took 10 rounds so will a KO in less than 10 makes him better than Klitschko?
    A lofty statement indeed!

We'll have to wait and see.

BTW i loved the video! Whats with the funky chicken on crack dancing?
    Guy dances all around and then gets popped,more funky dancin...then pop pop! loved it! Maybe if he had spent the time he was dancing doing what he did in the last 60 seconds he would of won the fight! Stupid move on his part I think!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There must be a language problem here. For me a blow out is when someone gets iced, and quick. I cant see any of the fighters nominated winning quickly. Comprehensively yes, but not quick.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information