Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins Not Interested in Tarver Rematch

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Hopkins Not Interested in Tarver Rematch

hopkins said he is not interested in tarver bout and he will not come out of retirement unless its defining bout in front of him hopkins wants either

joe calzaghe

o neil bell

oleg

or rematch with roy jones

im happy with this news is anyone else ??

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins Not Interested in Tarver Rematch

What's the point in fighting Tarver? There isn't one. Hopkins stops Calzaghe and beats Oleg on points. He loses to Jones on points and believe it or not I think he would get stopped if he faced Bell. Bell hits harder and is faster than Hopkins. Bell would be a bad choice for Hopkins

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    What's the point in fighting Tarver? There isn't one.  Hopkins stops Calzaghe and beats Oleg on points.  He loses to Jones on points and believe it or not I think he would get stopped if he faced Bell.  Bell hits harder and is faster than Hopkins.  Bell would be a bad choice for Hopkins
    never seen bell can never find footage of him is he any good vd ??

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    What's the point in fighting Tarver? There isn't one. Hopkins stops Calzaghe and beats Oleg on points. He loses to Jones on points and believe it or not I think he would get stopped if he faced Bell. Bell hits harder and is faster than Hopkins. Bell would be a bad choice for Hopkins
    He's the best Cruiserweight out there. He's fast, has a big punch and a lot of heart. His defense and chin ain't great, but it's only let him down one time. He makes exciting fights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins doesn't need to fight Tarver, I think a fight against Calzaghe would be interesting.

ICB Guest

He's the best Cruiserweight out there. He's fast, has a big punch and a lot of heart. His defense and chin ain't great, but it's only let him down one time. He makes exciting fights
    ok thanks for that vd must try and get some footage of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck77
    Hopkins doesn't need to fight Tarver, I think a fight against Calzaghe would be interesting.
    Hopkins can take any of those guys. That's why he is calling out names. He is smart enough to know at his age even he has to be selective about his opponents. I don't think Bernard would seriously consider fighting anyone who he thinks would be a big threat at this point. Bell he would outpoint along with Maskeav and probably Calzaghe; seeing as he didnt stop him late. Calzaghe or Bell i think are the most interesting opponents in the ones he is mentioning though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hopkins said he is not interested in tarver bout and he will not come out of retirement unless its defining bout in front of him hopkins wants either

joe calzaghe

o neil bell

oleg

or rematch with roy jones

im happy with this news is anyone else ??

The only two fights on the list that are worth anything are Hopkins/Oleg and Hopkins/Calzaghe.....

A fight with Jones would do nothing neither has a title and Jones is done all it would do is bring criticizm no matter what the out come.....Bell is too big and strong though Hopkins would box him silly but physics would catch him eventually...

Maskaev only because he is slow and would be out manuvered..this would just be a feather in brenards cap...he would give the belt up as soon as he won it

Calzaghe because it would prove once and for all where joe stands..IMO he ends up just like tarver....It is one thing to be impressive against the limited Lacey another against a guy like Hopkins
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

O'Neil Bell is a Showtime fighter if you to www.sho.com you can find footage of him VS Jean Marc Mormeck...

I like O'Neil Bell and I think he can really put a hurtin on Hopkins and I think Roy could still out Point Hopkins...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    O'Neil Bell is a Showtime fighter if you to www.sho.com you can find footage of him VS Jean Marc Mormeck...

I like O'Neil Bell and I think he can really put a hurtin on Hopkins and I think Roy could still out Point Hopkins...
    thanks bro cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.

Either Calzaghe, Jones, or Oleg...I guess.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

ahh doesnt work for me sorry bro its only for people in usa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Agreed.

Either Calzaghe, Jones, or Oleg...I guess.
    Curious Why not O'Neil Bell Wacks??

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins stops Calzaghe

Maskaev pointless
    Jones pointless

Other two beat him up.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks bro cc
    Sorry Mate in return for you

Thread Information