Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rocky Balboa Fight a Remake of Gatti Ward 3? *Rocky Spoliers*

Ok, having some time to relax over Christmas allowed me to settle down and watch the Gatti Ward trilogy back to back.

Now if any of you have watched Gatti Ward 3 recently the similarites to the Balboa Dixon fight seem to be too many for mere coincidence.

Consider this,

Micky Ward enters the ring to face Gatti in what is going to be his final fight. Lampley and Merchant pay tribute to his 18 year long career and say how he will desperately want to go out with a bang.

Fight starts, Gatti's blazing handspeed confuses and befuddles Ward who looks slow and can't get near Gatti.

This goes on for a couple rounds until Ward manages to rough Gatti up on the inside a little bit.

Gatti throws a big punch to the body and catches Ward's hip breaking his hand.

Ward jumps on Gatti, swarming all over him with power punches and then sensationally drops Gatti to get himself right back into the fight.

The next few rounds are true blood and guts warfare which prompts Jim Lampley to say the following. 'One of the most overused words in sports is incredible. I hate to use it, but this IS incredible.' He uses the exact same line the Balboa Dixon fight.

Finally Gatti recovers his composure in the final few rounds to outbox the brave Ward and to win a hard fought decision.

Is it just me or is this virtually a carbon copy of the Balboa Dixon fight?

Is Stallone a Micky Ward fan and wanted to make an homage to him? Or am I reading WAAY to much into this?

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Rocky Balboa Fight a Remake of Gatti Ward 3? *Rocky Spoliers*

Thread Information