Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Favorite prefight quotes and callouts

I just saw a quote from Kendall Holt saying if him and Vivian Harris meet "there's going to be some slow singing and flower bringing." Made me think about some of the trash talking over the years. Nevermind if they backed it up what are some of your favorite quotes or callouts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Favorite prefight quotes and callouts

Vinny Pazienza : Whan the legs go like spagetti...  I'm all over em like the sauce!

Asked of Paz why he was so amped after he almost KO'd the ref when he KO'd Rossenblatt : I had 4 Capachinos before I came out here!!!  I wanted to knock everybody out!!

Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

El Kabong Guest

Ref: "OK I've explained the rules does anyone have any questions?"

Larry Holmes: "Yeah, can you count to 10?"

FUNNY AS HELL!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

henry cooper being interviewed by a female journilist

henry don't you think boxing has had a bad effect on your looks i mean just look at your nose........................ SIR HENRY SAY " well madam boxings my excuse.......whats yours "

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricardo Mayorga at a press confrence before Mayorga-Forrest 2

"Forrest has disrespected me twice. Not only for being to chicken to show up (Forrest didn't show at the press conference) but fathers day just passed and he didn't send me a card"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones jr vs Antonio Tarver After the Ref asked if there were an questions Tarver said " You Got Anymore Excuses Roy" and then Knocked him the Fuk out in the 2nd round...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Roy Jones jr vs Antonio Tarver After the Ref asked if there were an questions Tarver said " You Got Anymore Excuses Roy" and then Knocked him the Fuk out in the 2nd round...

Best boxing quote ever IMO.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    Vinny Pazienza : Whan the legs go like spagetti... I'm all over em like the sauce!

Asked of Paz why he was so amped after he almost KO'd the ref when he KO'd Rossenblatt : I had 4 Capachinos before I came out here!!! I wanted to knock everybody out!!

LOL didn't he use the same excuse when he was TKO'd by Jones........."I timed my coffee wrong"

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I am the greatest heavyweight on the planet. If he gets in the ring with me he will get an education. He probably never went to high school so he figures there is no need to graduate now"

Lennox Lewis on Riddick Bowe not willing to fight him for the WBC belt

" i don't want to talk right now! I don't know how anyone can think about interviews after seeing that robbery"
    John Ruiz after losing to Roy Jones
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    "I am the greatest heavyweight on the planet. If he gets in the ring with me he will get an education. He probably never went to high school so he figures there is no need to greduate now"

Lennox Lewis on Riddick Bowe not willing to fight him for the WBC belt

" i don't want to talk right now! I don't know how anyone can think about interviews after seeing that robbery"
    John Ruiz after losing to Roy Jones
    Did Ruiz really say that?

If he did he is an even bigger mupet than I thought.
    Balls

ICB Guest

james toney and roy jones that was funny as hell

and larry holmes when michael buffer gets it wrong and says he made 15 defences he then goes right up to him and says 20 20 20 lol

ICB Guest

1994 - Roy Jones and James Toney Pre-Fight Interview

[youtube=425,350]TMsvTehCm3s[/youtube]

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy aint a patch on Val Kilmer
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

ICB Guest

Boxers have long given us memories to remember... and I don't mean just in the ring.

Tony Galento (when asked about the Bard of Avon): "Shakespeare? I ain't never heard of him. I suppose he's one of them foreign heavyweights. They're all lousy. Sure as hell I'll moider de bum."

Mohammed Ali: It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

: I am the greatest.

: (after failing an Army intelligence test) I said I was the greatest, not the smartest.

Brian London (on being asked if he would fight Ali again): Sure, as long as he ties a 56 lb. weight to each leg."

Willie Pep: I've got it made. I've got a wife and a TV set -- and they're both working.

Tony Sibson (on being beaten in a match): I figured I'd find him sooner or later but I never did. I asked myself "Where did he go?" I knew he was there because he kept hitting me.

Tex Cobb (on an equally terrible match): When I got up I stuck to my plan -- stumbling forward and getting hit in the face.

Max Barr (on Joe Louis): He hit me 18 times while I was in the act of falling.

Anon (on Don Cockell): He is the biggest thing on canvas since "The Wreck of the Hesperus".

Harry Kabakoff (on Chango Cruz): The bum was up and down so many times I thought he was an Otis elevator.

Tommy Farr: Every time I hear the name Joe Louis my nose starts to bleed.

Willie Pastrano (when asked by the ring doctor if he knew where he was): You're damn right I do. I'm in Madison Square Garden getting the shit knocked out of me.

Henry Cooper was once confronted by a boxing abolitionist, Baroness Edith Summerskill, about the brutalities of his sport. We can all learn from his words of wisdom.

Baroness: Mr Cooper, have you looked in teh mirror lately and seen the state of your nose?
    Cooper: Well madam, have you looked in the mirror and seen the state of your nose? Boxing is my excuse. What's yours?

The following conversation was heard during an amateur boxing match in the 1940s between a boxer who wanted to give up and his trainer trying to dissuade him from doing so.

Boxer: Throw in the towel.
    Trainer: There's no towel.
    Boxer: Throw in the sponge.
    Trainer: There's no sponge.
    Boxer: Then throw in the f*ing bucket!

Joe Frazier once met fellow-boxer Ken Norton at a social gathering. I am not sure if a fight followed the conversation below.

Frazier: Hey man, what you been doing?
    Norton: My wife just had a baby.
    Frazier? Congratulations! Whose baby is it?

Forty years after his heyday, an old opponent met Willie Pep on the street. "Do you recognise me?" he asked. Willie looked hard and considered before finally replying "Lie down so I can recognise you."

Sam Langford was one boxer for whom confidence came easily. Before the start of one match he addressed the crowd "You'll pardon me gentlemen if I make the fight short. I have a train to catch." He then knocked out his opponent in the first round and promptly left for the station. (He caught the train).

On another occasion he was fighting a 12-round match with Jack Thompson. At the start of the seventh round he extended his glove to Thompson (this was the usual ritual done in the final round of a boxing match) who was quite puzzled. "This ain't the last round Sam." he said. "It is for you," replied Sam and a punch later, Thompson was unconscious.

While we're on the topic of boxing, why did Ali show more sense than many of his countrymen and refuse to serve in Vietnam? In his own words:

"Keep asking me no matter how long,
    On the war in Vietnam I sing this song'
    I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong."

ICB Guest

Thread Information