Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: after their fight regardless of result who will have had the best legacy if pbf does retire

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: oscar vs PBF (legacy)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default oscar vs PBF (legacy)

simple enuff question ppl

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: oscar vs PBF (legacy)

Oscar for me. He has fought the best opposition he could have and his losses mean nothing because of the quality of his opponents. All great fighters lose because they fight the best and they are the ones I respect.

Floyd is a brilliant athlete and very skilled but takes the easier route to gain victory. As I said in another thread, Floyd has all the talent in the world but uses it in the wrong way TOO much. If he has the ability to outbox an opponent easily he should try and finish them inside the distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Oscar for me. He has fought the best opposition he could have and his losses mean nothing because of the quality of his opponents. All great fighters lose because they fight the best and they are the ones I respect.

Floyd is a brilliant athlete and very skilled but takes the easier route to gain victory. As I said in another thread, Floyd has all the talent in the world but uses it in the wrong way TOO much. If he has the ability to outbox an opponent easily he should try and finish them inside the distance.
    Nobody's losses mean 'nothing.' A loss will always take away from greatness, true, a loss to a future hall of famer is better than a loss to a bum, but a loss will always hurt. As far as legacy I usually am not able to tell until the fighter retires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel

Nobody's losses mean 'nothing.' A loss will always take away from greatness, true, a loss to a future hall of famer is better than a loss to a bum, but a loss will always hurt. As far as legacy I usually am not able to tell until the fighter retires.
    I meant nothing to their legacy not to them personally but your are right mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya easily, for fighting on and still being great even after he's past his best - he could have retired years ago with fewer losses but to still be rated as one of the best in the world a few years after his prime and after winning belts in 6 weight classes and still taking fights with the number 1 ranked boxer in the world - hes amazing, no doubt about it.

On a side though, no way is Mayweather retiring after this fight. If he wins he'll surely step up to middleweight for at east one fight - he wants Oscars record. If he loses I dont see him retiring yet either, hes too cocky and full of himself to quit after one loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beerjelly
    De La Hoya easily, for fighting on and still being great even after he's past his best - he could have retired years ago with fewer losses but to still be rated as one of the best in the world a few years after his prime and after winning belts in 6 weight classes and still taking fights with the number 1 ranked boxer in the world - hes amazing, no doubt about it.

On a side though, no way is Mayweather retiring after this fight. If he wins he'll surely step up to middleweight for at east one fight - he wants Oscars record. If he loses I dont see him retiring yet either, hes too cocky and full of himself to quit after one loss.
    Who knows maybe his ego is real enough that a loss would devestate him and he'd retire, but I'm with you I'd bet otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate, very well put! and i agreee, top marks to Oscar he is a REAAL champ never ducked anyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know about that...If PBF wins I would have to give him the up..because he never lost and beat ODLH....AT 154!! I don't think it will happen though..so I will go with ODLH on this one....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information