Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ****Lidell vs Ortiz *****SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!****

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Bullshit! stop IMO...The punches werent landing on Ortiz face they were hitting his forearm...
    I think it was a bullshit stoppage too. And it looked like Tito was gonna scramble out of it RIGHT BEFORE the ref came in!!

You know, I respect Tito a lot more in taking that defeat. Cause if that was Ken Shamrock we'd here "WHY DID THEY STOP THE FIGHT!!! WHY I WAS GOOD TO CONTINUE!!!"

But Tito takes defeat gracefully..

But that left a sour taste in my mouth. I wanted Chuck to win...but not like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Bullshit! stop IMO...The punches werent landing on Ortiz face they were hitting his forearm...
    I think it was a bullshit stoppage too. And it looked like Tito was gonna scramble out of it RIGHT BEFORE the ref came in!!

You know, I respect Tito a lot more in taking that defeat. Cause if that was Ken Shamrock we'd here "WHY DID THEY STOP THE FIGHT!!! WHY I WAS GOOD TO CONTINUE!!!"

But Tito takes defeat gracefully..

But that left a sour taste in my mouth. I wanted Chuck to win...but not like that
    Yeah, ok you wanted Chuck to win . Chuck beat your favorite fighter's @ss again and you can't stand it. You suck at predicting not one, but two sports, so at least have the balls to come out and admit it and not scoundrel around behind a pathetic alias, Curious George lookin' MF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    CutMeMick, i'd edit the title mate, some brits will be heart broken in the morning when they see that ortiz got knocked out.
    I wish it was definitive(probably would have been in the 4th round because Tito had nothing left) or maybe decision.

WHY is all these defining fights tainted in some way!?

The first Liddell Ortiz fight it was the eye poke, now its a "quick stoppage"

I agree with both but weren't they both delaying the inevitable?

We'll never know unless there's a third fight which won't happen(but if Shamrock and Ortiz fought 3 times why not)

In the St Pierre fight people were bitching and moaning about the low blows...

It seems no MMA fan would be satisfied unless there is a definitive ending.

But it's not as easy as "Let them fight until we get the ending we want"

Lets just appreciate the fights for what they are, good contests, if you spend money on the PPV you accept all endings.

Forrest Griffin lost tonight, my favorite fighter and he cried and said something I couldn't hear because everyone was screaming around the house.

But if you're a true fan you don't give your fighter an excuse why he lost. You just believe in the fact that they'll come back and do better one day. It's better respect to the fighter and the game in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tito was blocking them but he was going nowhere. chuck could have thrown as many more as he wanted until the ref stopped it. plus tito got lucky that the fight wasn't stopped earlier. tito did well, but chuck won it fair and square.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    tito was blocking them but he was going nowhere. chuck could have thrown as many more as he wanted until the ref stopped it. plus tito got lucky that the fight wasn't stopped earlier. tito did well, but chuck won it fair and square.
    Agreed. The man is clearly better than Tito and everyone knows it, just as he proved it last night. Chuck=UFC's G.O.A.T.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there a chance of Chuck Lidell vs. Mirko Cro Cop coming off?
    I know Lidell fights at Light Heavy. but not sure at what division MCC fights at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know Lidell fights at Light Heavy. but not sure at what division MCC fights at.

Liddell wouldnt get by Silva or Jackson and Cro Cop would knock him our brutally. Unless Chuck got to his beard.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Havent watched this yet but let me guess a basic striker put the mma guy under pressure and the mma guy folded and took on the featal position not moving or holding or firing back

Awesome

Great spectacle for the fans

Such talented "fighters"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes

Liddell wouldnt get by Silva or Jackson and Cro Cop would knock him our brutally. Unless Chuck got to his beard.
    Did Chuck Liddell steal your lesbian girlfriend and make her straight? I can understand you being bitter seeing as you have no life, but please stop taking it out on the fighter who once again made you look like an ass. Seriously, your embarrassing yourself.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sure ive seen Liddell getting battered by some nut who barks like a dog on the way to the ring and the same nut ive seen battered

Is there just no tough fighters in ufc because what I mentioned didnt happen there, they just seem to have no clue how to handle pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mirko and Chuck is a mismatch. Mirko is pro'bly 30lbs naturally heavier than chuck. The weight differential is part of why Mirko dismantled Wandy so easily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!

ortiz got KTFO

also, vampire teeth is a bitch, who is gonna get ktfo by my man cro-cop who is now OFFICIALLY coming to the ufc!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111one

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ortiz is all hype, all he has is the ablity to work ok when he has someone down, but he sucks at taking someone down and his stand up fighting is worse

he was outboxed by the sloppiest slowest worst from having puncher of all time forest whateverthefuck and he also couldnt take him down even tho the guy knew nothing about takedown defense

ortiz is a joke who robbed my man silva aqnd vampire teeth pisses me off also

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look for Liddell to fight Rampage in the latter 07(Revenge), Tito got his ass handed to him again, Sorry if Tito fans cannot accept this, Tito twice crawled into a fetal/ball position to cover up from the blows, Tito can dish it out but can't take it.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Havent watched this yet but let me guess a basic striker put the mma guy under pressure and the mma guy folded and took on the featal position not moving or holding or firing back

Awesome

Great spectacle for the fans

Such talented "fighters"

interesting and partly agreed. all through the ppv event I was amazed at how poorly guys were "boxing". MMA guys are starting to realize the true value of boxing, and all tout how much their "boxing" has "improved"...they seem to shadow box ok, work the mitts pretty good, but then when it comes time to dance, they suck. It's nothing but a crappy bar brawl with ugly punching. Many people scoff at what I have to say, but even Chuck would get absolutely killed by a top boxer. Notice how I said TOP boxer...not some journeyman chump who gets $400 per fight. Chuck's ONLY chance would be to take him down which, IMO, is far easier said than down since boxers are so light and quick on their feet. Plus, the boxer would out-fight making all other MMA tactics tougher to execute. The only guys who can truly take a boxer are kickboxers, IMO. All others would have an EXTREMELY difficult time getting their hands on the boxer and would eat punch after punch trying.

Chuck, for being such a talented "striker" was awful too. No jab, no movement, low hands, etc. All mma guys go for the one punch firecracker. It doesn't work that way. Chuck is just fortunate he throws his right a bit harder than everyone else at LHW. Tim Sylvia and Mirko Crocop are the only guys who have decent boxing ability in mma. Fedor is effective b/c he's brutally strong, but a guy like Lennox Lewis would rearrange his face if it didn't go to the ground. And going to the ground wouldn't be a foregone conclusions since LL could be taught to sprawl, and is himself strong as an ox.

I wanna see Hughes and Jermaine Taylor. JT KILLS matt, IMO.

Thread Information