0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones vs Bernard hopkins 2 close to being made

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Hopkins' ability didn't rely only on speed so therefore you have to figure B-Hop will do better. He's better at following a fight plan than Roy....for years RJ could do whatever he wanted to and win, now he has to do specific things in order to win....it's hard to come back to that level after being so great at just fighting off the cuff
    CC in 24 if I remember. Perfect though.

Well said. Hopkins would definitely beat Roy Jones at this point in my opinion. Would love to see it though as both are old favorites of mine. Is this fight supposed to take place at light heavy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This rematch is happening much too late in their careers. It will be an absolute snoozefest...considering both fighters don't engage that much anymore. Roy is well past it physically and after the Tarver trilogy he lacks that supreme confidence he once had. While Hopkins has kept himself in tremendous shape...his current style of fighting is sleep inducing. I would say Hopkins edges out a win in a rematch just because physically he is sharper. But it will be an ugly and boring fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    This fight has the potential to be absolutely horrible. I like technical boxers but this might be too much.

Hopkins lately has just been moving around the ring, and throwing lead rights here and there. Then start over again.

Jones lately has just been moving around the ring, throwing a lead right or a lead hook. Then start over again.

Will Hopkins press the fight? Cause I don't see Jones doing so. If Hopkins doesn't press the fight, and although he at one time could do that well hasn't done it in a pretty long time, then it will be a faintfest mixed in with an occasional lead right hand. Slow paced would be an understatement.
    You are 100% correct, Oumafan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only one who likes slow technical fights? I enjoyed JT-Bhop I and II and RJJ-BHOP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Am I the only one who likes slow technical fights? I enjoyed JT-Bhop I and II and RJJ-BHOP
    I enjoy a good technical fight myself. I can watch a Gunfighting war or a slowpaced game of chess its all good to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I enjoy a good technical fight myself. I can watch a Gunfighting war or a slowpaced game of chess its all good to me
    yeah me to i always found it odd that people complain about winkys fights cuz i love em or bernards fights or some of roys more mythotical fights

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like technical fights, they don't all have to be brawls. Hopkins is one of my favorite fighters of all time, and I like Winky too, but this one could be just too much. The style matchup is gonna be flat out akward, and will most likely be fought at a far slower pace than RJJ-BHOP 1. The JT-Bhop fights were ok, by no means close to some of my favorite Hopkins' fights, but they were ok, not as bad as some people make them out to be. But this one, I just don't see the styles matching up well.

Thread Information