Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ten Most Exciting Fighters Today

Listed alphabetically.

Jorge "Travieso" Arce, 44 (35) -3-1, "With blood flowing from a wound that made him look like a second-place finisher in a machete war, relentless Jorge "Travieso" Arce scored a brutal 10th round TKO over Hussein "Hussy" Hussein to win a classic battle in a WBC flyweight title eliminator." A typical headline for an Arce fight. And his blow out of Hawk Makepula on Saturday took less time than the Hawk's walk in.

Tie with

Vic Darchinian, very tough, fearless and in possession of great power. He is very determined and always in great shape. Fight with Arce would be one for the ages. Great right leads.

Jorge "La Hiena" Barrios, 46 (33 ko's)-3-1-1. He always comes to fight and like Ricardo Mayorga and most of the others on this list, would rather die in the ring than quit on his own. His fight with "Popo" Frietas was pure courage as was his recent set-to with Joan Guzman. No trips to the refrigerator during one of his savage brawls.

Alejandro "Naco" Berrio, a 30 year old Colombian bomber who has Ko'd 24 opponents in 25 wins and is an extremely dangerous fighter, but the downside is that he does not take a punch very well — he was stopped in all four of his losses. And that makes him super exciting....and my personal favorite as well. Just don't blink or you might miss the end. If I listed these in order of excitement, "Naco" would be no lower than second.

Lamon "Relentless" Brewster, 33 (29 ko's)-3, Aside from Wladimir Klitchko, the only exciting heavyweight out there. His fights with Wlad, Golata, and Lyakhovich were all barn burners for as long as they lasted. In September 2005, he survived a severe beating by Luan Krasniqi only to ice Krasniqi in the 9th round, while behind on all cards.

Diego "Chico" Corrales, 40 (33 ko's)-3, perhaps the purest form of warrior in boxing today. Can render a ko or be ko'd and will fight to the end. Never in a dull fight. Hopefully, he still has something left after all of his wars.

David Diaz, 32 (17)-1-1 is one of the best kept secrets in boxing. This former Olympian has been delighting his hardcore Chicago fans since 1996. His sensational 10th round ko of Jose Armando Santa Cruz for the WBC Lightweight Interim Title put him on everyone's radar sceen. And as ring magazine pointed out in its latest edition, "we haven't heard the HBO team so shocked into silence since Mickey Ward vs. Alfonso Sanchez." That in itself made me a big fan of this exciting "never say die" warrior.

Ricky " Hit Man" Hatton, 41 (30 ko's) - 0, Non-stop, incoming brawling and lethal body punching make me a watcher and a fan. A loveable and humble chap outside the ring, he changes once inside the ropes and becomes a cold, merciless and relentless warrior.

Wladimir Klitchko, 46 (41ko's) - 3, You never know what can happen at any time and that makes him exciting enough for inclusion on my list. Against Peter, he was down 3 times though he prevailed. Against any heavy hitter, he may be in danger and issues about stamina linger. Yet, like Gatti and Hatton, his fights fill the arena to capacity and there is a reason for that.

Antonio "Tony" Margarito, 33 (24 )-4 -0-1, his savage style earns him a place on my list. His ten round stoppage of Sebastian Andres Lujan was brutal. He then beat another Puerto Rican, tough Kermit Cintron, dropping him four times on his way to a fifth round ko. In February he iced Manuel Gomez in the first round for the WBO Welterweight Title. He is an exciting fighter pure and simple and a big fan favorite, though his recent fight with Clottey has planted some seeds of doubt.

Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao, 41 (33 ko's) -3-2, The most exciting fighter in the sport of boxing today. Simply put, he is a warrior. Rarely in a boring fight, this tough crowd pleasing warrior has knocked out both future hall of Famers Erik Morales (twice) and Marco Antonio Barrera. If he stays focused and continues to train hard, his chances for induction into the Hall will be high, indeed. In and out, back and forth, non-stop movement. What's not to like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ten Most Exciting Fighters Today

Test

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David D Haye

Kill or be killed, gotta love him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good choices.

Edner Cherry is a little firecracker, his fight with Santa Cruz was awesome. He was a bit robbed to imo. Scores weren't that lopsided.

O'neil Bell you can never count out. He looked like he was out of the Rothmann fight and came back to sting together 2 rounds at the very end to win.

Braithewaite is another cruiser who always fights in exciting fights. His fight with Mormeck was really good up until the last round or 2 where Mormeck took over. His fight with Jones was awesome.

To me people like Mayweather and Wright are real exciting but that's another argument for another day. Skills excite me

But you left out THE two most exciting fighters outside over the last 10 years outside of Gatti. Morales and Barrera almost never engage in a boring affair.

Most Mexican boxers are exciting actually. Their style just lends itself to exciting fights. One guy to look out for who will make some noise is Antonio Escalante. He had a bout earlier this year that was absolutely awesome. Ponce De Leon is pretty fun to watch aswell. There are tons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great list. Yes Cherry is a firecracker, but Paulie might put out the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Good choices.

Edner Cherry is a little firecracker, his fight with Santa Cruz was awesome. He was a bit robbed to imo. Scores weren't that lopsided.

O'neil Bell you can never count out. He looked like he was out of the Rothmann fight and came back to sting together 2 rounds at the very end to win.

Braithewaite is another cruiser who always fights in exciting fights. His fight with Mormeck was really good up until the last round or 2 where Mormeck took over. His fight with Jones was awesome.

To me people like Mayweather and Wright are real exciting but that's another argument for another day. Skills excite me
    But you left out THE two most exciting fighters outside over the last 10 years outside of Gatti. Morales and Barrera almost never engage in a boring affair.

Most Mexican boxers are exciting actually. Their style just lends itself to exciting fights. One guy to look out for who will make some noise is Antonio Escalante. He had a bout earlier this year that was absolutely awesome. Ponce De Leon is pretty fun to watch aswell. There are tons.

bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good choices.

I agree and I should have included PBF. Skills excite me too as I am a purist at heart. But I did this from the fan's persepctive. Probably out subtled myself if you will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ponce De Leon is one to watch for sure as is Valero, but Valero sekldom gets by the first round.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah it was a pretty good list to begin with. Shame though, haven't seen Arce outside of the two Hussein fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They love him in Mexico wher he comes into the area on a horse with a large sombrerro and Mexican music. Lots of Tequila being swigged as well. Make for an exciting event for as long as it lasts. Thing about Arce is that he loves the fans right back and they know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check out DAXXKAHN'S ARTICLE ON ARCE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

O'neil Bell STUNK UP THE PLACE AGIANST THE cOWBOY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sANTA cRUZ IS PRETTY EXCITING AS WELL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good choices.

I like Edner Cherry also .. he is multi talented, he can change up when he need too. nice punch output

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His fight with Paulie Malignaggi shapes up to be a good one. Don't go to the freezer.

Thread Information