Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 on the things I hate list.....even above Ashton Kutcher!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: #1 on the things I hate list.....even above Ashton Kutcher!

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Weed, is from the earth. Weed is ap plant that once dry if you so happen to light it and inhale the smoke it will make you feel good.

Thats all that is.
    And so is poison gas but I'm not asking you to inhale it am I?

I've never smoked a cigarette or weed or drank anything alcoholic(besides my about a sip of my moms wine when I would have asthma attacks) and thats it. And I wouldn't rather put a leech on myself either
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this commercial is NOT irrelevant in my opinion, you need to think about what the message is.

You get the boy saying that S.L.O.M for Sticking Leeches On Myself, now what do leeches do when you attach them to you? They suck your blood and in a way are draining your life, so in a way the commercial is saying you're convinced into taking life from yourself as a fad(thus smoking or other drug addictions do)

And the way they talk about getting into it, its like a peer pressure message, I hope you get it though. How the girl said its a "social" thing meaning that kids would do it to fit in with the crowd.

Get how this stuff is all becoming relevant here?

This commercial is showing you that how people can rely on the "social" things to direct them to what they want to do with their life(such as the peer pressure of getting sucked into SLOMming. And they do the things they know are dangerous and wrong, just to fit into the crowd.

It's actually a very GOOD commercial when you look at it that way.

Because when you give into drugs or an addiction, in a way, you are "sticking a leech on yourself" so to say. So the message is that sticking leeches on yourself would basically being sucking the lifeo ut of yourself to fit in.

Relevant all of a sudden isn't it?

That commercial is a prime example of what hype behind a 'fad' can turn into

Thats what makes the commercials message so deep in my opinion.

Some of you may see it a different way, but thats how I see it.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Irony of the day. I heard on a radio station that President Nixon had made Elvis Pressley the national anti-drug ambassador. How cool is that?
    You didn't know the King was a DEA agent?

El Kabong Guest

Majesty....I accept your views but it's a bullshit commercial.

The only way to stop kids from doing drugs would be to show them HONESTLY what it's like and for that I would show this as a commercial instead of the leech one because it's true and you can see what drugs do to you.....although this anti-crystal meth but you get the picture

[youtube=425,350]F8gB-_4-1EE[/youtube]

Don't bullshit about what drugs are and what they do, just show the truth....if you don't want kids to smoke pot just say the TRUTHFUL negative affects of it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Irony of the day. I heard on a radio station that President Nixon had made Elvis Pressley the national anti-drug ambassador. How cool is that?
    You didn't know the King was a DEA agent?
    No I didn't Lyle. I know alot of random stuff..........but not a whole lot about the King.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Weed, is from the earth. Weed is ap plant that once dry if you so happen to light it and inhale the smoke it will make you feel good.

Thats all that is.
    truth be told... weed keeps me from killing mutherfuckers !

On the record “ Kids keep away from that shit”

Off the record ” where are me fucking rolling papers God Damnit ? “

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah they're garbage. The metaphors are terrible. That faces of meth thing is the only thing I've seen that could actuallyl have effect. Show people that. I don't have a problem with weed anyways. Never done it but everyone else does. Only problem I have is some of my friends don't know how to have a good time sober anymore. Like when I'm hung the fuck over and all they want to do is smoke or thizz. Fucken annoying. Or when I want to drink but one person just smokes. But other then that it's not to bad. I only know 1 person who I really think is addicted to it. Most people quit out of high school and afterwards you would never know they did anything unless they told you.

I don't smoke myself but it's not because of those commercials. Leeches? Come on..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you over indulge in anything you going to have problems,, everyone thinks drinking is alright, and it is in moderation.. however it can sap your country ass every bit as fast as fucking meth or anything else when abused . Look at the before and after photos…

Inspired by Morgan Spurlock’s film Super Size Me, Nicky Taylor underwent an experiment to end all experiments. Nicky went on a 30 day drinking binge. The photos below are the unbelievable before and after shots.

Thread Information