Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Putting together a training routine....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Putting together a training routine....

So after a month of boxing, I've decided I like it enough to start taking training seriously. I've been doing a bunch of research, and have come up with a rough outline of a workout routine. However, I am still indecisive on some aspects, and was wondering what you guys think (comments from Scrap, OTB, Lords, and oh i GUESS Von would be welcome). As of now, heres what I think.

8 AM: Road work. 5 days a week. Starting at a mile and a half for now. Would like to work up to about 4 miles. Or would you guys recommend interval running routines?

9 AM: My real indecision. Either body weight excercises, pushups, situps, burpees, pull ups, dips. Or a weight lifting routine... what do you guys think?

A bit of rest.

11 AM Jump rope. Can only do a minute and a half straight right now, but would like to work up to around 15 min.

More rest, hydration, eating right....

3 PM: Shadow boxing. Questions on this one.... most things I have read talk about looking in a mirror while doing this. Should I be stationary, focusing on punching technique, or throw in a bit of footwork? Should I be punching hard, or fast while focusing on perfect technique? How long should I go for? With or without gloves on?

Mon, Tues, Thursday, Saturday: Boxing from 6PM-8PM, lots of focus mit work, sparring 2-3 times a week (more if the right partners are around), learning the speed bag and double ended bag right now....

Sound good as a start? I'd like to get into amature boxing in the next year, and I figure this might be a good conditioning routine. Also, I got my first fight in a month and a half, more of a boxing "show" than an amature fight or anything (two and a half months of boxing too early for this?), but I'd still like to come out on top =). So, time to start training harder than the other guy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Putting together a training routine....

Sounds like you're really keen. Your basic fitness is still pretty low so work on your running in the morning and focus on your boxing in the evening and use the time in between to recover properly.

Thread Information