Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacman-Chi almost a done deal for 28th April

I definitely agree with some of the critics on here who feel Pacquaio is guilty of handpicking easy opponents for himself.

The easiest way to prove that is that even though he's widely recognised as the best fighter in the 130 lb division, he still holds no world title belt.

Morales was done, plain and simple, any of the top 5 fighters at 135 would have beaten him, he had nothing left.

Larios, again any of the top 5 would beat him, same goes for Chi.

I think Pacquiao is a great fighter, deserving of his high p4p spot but his recent victories havn't done much for me. He didn't look like a world beater against Larios and Morales, well let's just say he has about as much to offer boxing these days as Arturo Gatti.

There are some great fights out there for Pacquiao, unfortunately Chi isn't one of them.

He needs to face either Barrera, Marquez, Guzman, at the very least Soto to prove he is indeed the best the divsion has to offer.

I've got my doubts about him slightly to be honest. I think Marquez could handle him, plus Barrera if he fights the right fight.

Guzman is a tough fight for him too.

Pacquiao needs to step up and prove himself imo, and not against shot former greats or champions from the lower divisions. He needs to beat a genuine, 100% fit and hungry 130 lber, something he hasn't done yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I definitely agree with some of the critics on here who feel Pacquaio is guilty of handpicking easy opponents for himself.

The easiest way to prove that is that even though he's widely recognised as the best fighter in the 130 lb division, he still holds no world title belt.

Morales was done, plain and simple, any of the top 5 fighters at 135 would have beaten him, he had nothing left.

Larios, again any of the top 5 would beat him, same goes for Chi.

I think Pacquiao is a great fighter, deserving of his high p4p spot but his recent victories havn't done much for me. He didn't look like a world beater against Larios and Morales, well let's just say he has about as much to offer boxing these days as Arturo Gatti.

There are some great fights out there for Pacquiao, unfortunately Chi isn't one of them.

He needs to face either Barrera, Marquez, Guzman, at the very least Soto to prove he is indeed the best the divsion has to offer.

I've got my doubts about him slightly to be honest. I think Marquez could handle him, plus Barrera if he fights the right fight.

Guzman is a tough fight for him too.

Pacquiao needs to step up and prove himself imo, and not against shot former greats or champions from the lower divisions. He needs to beat a genuine, 100% fit and hungry 130 lber, something he hasn't done yet.
    bro actually pac doesn't hand pick his oppenent, his whole career consist of going after the best, he took on masterfull boxer ladwaba in two weeks notice and murdered him. then first fight at 126 ring featherweight champ and p4p 3rd marco antonie barrera and again pac murdered him, then instantly wanted em, but jmm got to pac first, pac took jmm as a tune up( yea not so smart by pac) but still pac got the fight with em even though he drew with jmm, at those time those three mab jmm and em the best in one division pac took on all of them, who else takes on guys consecutively like that.

now on to larios, larios was pacs tune up, pac didn't hand pick he deserve that tune up fight though,

now on to chi, lets go back at the title of this tread, ALMOST done deal, so lets not get too excited its not yet certain, plus chi will be a tune up for pac, while pac awaits the winner of mab and jmm. thoses are facts ask around. so by no means pac is handpicking.

this is actually the first time in pacs career he is on top, he has been going after the best now he is the best, so it is time people calls him out.

you mention guzman and soto, well have either of them called out the true recognize champ pacman...no...actually the only fighter who holds a belt that has mentioned pacs name was valero(got balls) but now he has stated he change his mind and he needs a few more fights to be ready for pac.

so moral of the story is pacman has reach the top, it is time he relax a bit, and awaits challengers to challenge him. the top guys you said he should be fighting, don't worry there days will come, pac needs a tune up before getting the winner of mab and jmm, since we don't hear anyone eager to get at pac chi will do if it pulls through. plus even though larios and chi moving up to fight pac, they aint no push overs they have balls and are a treat to any oppenent. so don't look past them that easily.

ooh by the way can you list the top five that you said would beat larios chi and morales so easily? thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10
    Mr B,

pare ipokrito ka kung sasabihin mong hindi pera ang dahilan bat nakikipagsuntukan yang si manny. masama bang matatawag si manny kung gustuhin nyang magkapera? alam mo namang galing sya sa wala diba? majority ng tao sa mundo na eentertain nya, kaya nga sya pangalawa sa p4p diba? isa ka lang sa hindi napapasaya ni manny.
    Mabuhay! Please respect the other posters and respond in english. Allow me to translate what you have just addressed me and I will answer that rigth after.

"My friend, you are a hypocrite if you say that money is not the reason why Manny is engaging in fistfights (boxing). Is Manny a bad person if he chooses to make money? You very well know he came from nothing. Majority of fans in the world have been entertained by him thats why hes 2nd in the P4P list. You only a few of those who manny cant satisfy."

My friend, I very well know that money is the reason why Manny started fighting. He also said in his documentaries, interviews, etc that he also dreamt of making a name for himself. But that is beside the point. Let me ask you, at this point in his life is he not already FAR from his humble beginnings? He even over and over on national TV declared that money is NOT his reason for fighting anymore. His priority is national pride. If that is so, it looks like Manny is not true to his words?!!

Besides whats the point of fighting Chi? Chi is from a lower weight division. If Floyd chose to fight Juan Diaz instead of Oscar next, I am sure people would see through that and call it as what it is. Why cant we be honest when it comes to Manny? If people say that 'oh he cant fight MAB,JMM nor Guzman at this time cos Oscar doesnt want to deal with Arum...who's fault is it anyway? I believe Oscar was on the way of making Manny fight Marco next for a cool $5 Million. BUt Manny for some stupid AND greedy reason went ahead and signed another contract from Arum therefor killing the Marco rematch. Now I read in PACLAND and in Philippine news of people saying that Marco is a coward and all-w/c I think is a disservice to Barrera because it is Manny himself who cut off that rematch for March 17.

Manny even has changed as a person. I never ever hear anything from him before BAD mouthing another person, any fighter...yet he did to Valero and called his competition cab drivers. Edwin of course got insulted and challenged him but Manny refused to acknowledge that. How emabarrassing is that?

Guzman is out of the loop since hes a GBP fighter. Oscar wouldnt deal with Arum. Nice work Manny. Now we have Soto as the only true test. Yet team Pacman bypassed him in favor of Chi who if I am not mistaken is a 126 fighter, slow, shopworn. What the heck is that? If Manny is Mr Entertainer which he is then how different would be a Soto fight from a Chi fight? Manny is the name fighter right? It should not matter. But heck they chose a LESSER threat fighter to fight.

WHy is Manny taking this easy fight? He just had one vs Morales. It cant be another tune up?

Man, manny needs to give back to the fans really good match ups thats spell good fight because it is the fans that made him what he is now. I have supported Manny all the way from his nobody knew him days up to now. But I can see through it. Manny has turned into a no principle man. Hes Pacman alright but he would rather gobble easy easy money for easy fights rather than give back to the fans.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MrB
    Mr B,

pare ipokrito ka kung sasabihin mong hindi pera ang dahilan bat nakikipagsuntukan yang si manny. masama bang matatawag si manny kung gustuhin nyang magkapera? alam mo namang galing sya sa wala diba? majority ng tao sa mundo na eentertain nya, kaya nga sya pangalawa sa p4p diba? isa ka lang sa hindi napapasaya ni manny.
    Mabuhay! Please respect the other posters and respond in english. Allow me to translate what you have just addressed me and I will answer that rigth after.

"My friend, you are a hypocrite if you say that money is not the reason why Manny is engaging in fistfights (boxing). Is Manny a bad person if he chooses to make money? You very well know he came from nothing. Majority of fans in the world have been entertained by him thats why hes 2nd in the P4P list. You only a few of those who manny cant satisfy."

My friend, I very well know that money is the reason why Manny started fighting. He also said in his documentaries, interviews, etc that he also dreamt of making a name for himself. But that is beside the point. Let me ask you, at this point in his life is he not already FAR from his humble beginnings? He even over and over on national TV declared that money is NOT his reason for fighting anymore. His priority is national pride. If that is so, it looks like Manny is not true to his words?!!

Besides whats the point of fighting Chi? Chi is from a lower weight division. If Floyd chose to fight Juan Diaz instead of Oscar next, I am sure people would see through that and call it as what it is. Why cant we be honest when it comes to Manny? If people say that 'oh he cant fight MAB,JMM nor Guzman at this time cos Oscar doesnt want to deal with Arum...who's fault is it anyway? I believe Oscar was on the way of making Manny fight Marco next for a cool $5 Million. BUt Manny for some stupid AND greedy reason went ahead and signed another contract from Arum therefor killing the Marco rematch. Now I read in PACLAND and in Philippine news of people saying that Marco is a coward and all-w/c I think is a disservice to Barrera because it is Manny himself who cut off that rematch for March 17.

Manny even has changed as a person. I never ever hear anything from him before BAD mouthing another person, any fighter...yet he did to Valero and called his competition cab drivers. Edwin of course got insulted and challenged him but Manny refused to acknowledge that. How emabarrassing is that?

Guzman is out of the loop since hes a GBP fighter. Oscar wouldnt deal with Arum. Nice work Manny. Now we have Soto as the only true test. Yet team Pacman bypassed him in favor of Chi who if I am not mistaken is a 126 fighter, slow, shopworn. What the heck is that? If Manny is Mr Entertainer which he is then how different would be a Soto fight from a Chi fight? Manny is the name fighter right? It should not matter. But heck they chose a LESSER threat fighter to fight.

WHy is Manny taking this easy fight? He just had one vs Morales. It cant be another tune up?

Man, manny needs to give back to the fans really good match ups thats spell good fight because it is the fans that made him what he is now. I have supported Manny all the way from his nobody knew him days up to now. But I can see through it. Manny has turned into a no principle man. Hes Pacman alright but he would rather gobble easy easy money for easy fights rather than give back to the fans.
    You are no idiot!!! Very nice posting!

I think Pac is an exceptional fighter and is allowed a warm up before stepping it up again. But then preferably against Marquez or Barrera though. But you are right we always want our favourite fighters to fight the best. I have the same issues with Joe Calzaghe!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me give my opinion on that

bro actually pac doesn't hand pick his oppenent, his whole career consist of going after the best, he took on masterfull boxer ladwaba in two weeks notice and murdered him. then first fight at 126 ring featherweight champ and p4p 3rd marco antonie barrera and again pac murdered him, then instantly wanted em, but jmm got to pac first, pac took jmm as a tune up( yea not so smart by pac) but still pac got the fight with em even though he drew with jmm, at those time those three mab jmm and em the best in one division pac took on all of them, who else takes on guys consecutively like that.
    Yes I give Manny the credit that he fought Marco, Marquez and Morales. But he also did fight 3k, Velasquez and didn't he duck St Clair?

now on to larios, larios was pacs tune up, pac didn't hand pick he deserve that tune up fight though,

now on to chi, lets go back at the title of this tread, ALMOST done deal, so lets not get too excited its not yet certain, plus chi will be a tune up for pac, while pac awaits the winner of mab and jmm. thoses are facts ask around. so by no means pac is handpicking.
    Yes Larios was a tune up who came from 122lbs. Tell how is it a fair fight if Manny moves up to 140lbs to fight Hatton in his next fight? You see my point?

Manny doesnt need a tune up. He just had one in Morales. If he needs a tune up, why cant it be Soto a true 130 lb fighter? Its very obvious that Team Pacman is picking a fighter who is notoriously slow and "smallish" yet again. If not Soto why not anybody else whos a true 130lb fighter? Isnt it clear that this is a handpicked opponent?
    this is actually the first time in pacs career he is on top, he has been going after the best now he is the best, so it is time people calls him out.

you mention guzman and soto, well have either of them called out the true recognize champ pacman...no...actua lly the only fighter who holds a belt that has mentioned pacs name was valero(got balls) but now he has stated he change his mind and he needs a few more fights to be ready for pac
    Dude these guys have been calling him out. But at this time its seemingly hard to make a fight with Guzman since hes from GBP who should have been Manny's promoter if Pac hadnt gone greedy. Valero has called hima coward. Do you think Soto is going to turn down an offer to fight Manny?

moral of the story is pacman has reach the top, it is time he relax a bit, and awaits challengers to challenge him. the top guys you said he should be fighting, don't worry there days will come, pac needs a tune up before getting the winner of mab and jmm, since we don't hear anyone eager to get at pac chi will do if it pulls through. plus even though larios and chi moving up to fight pac, they aint no push overs they have balls and are a treat to any oppenent. so don't look past them that easily.
    a true champion always challenges himself and not relax, especially now that hes at his peak. he cant waste that fighting guys who doesnt hold a significant threat.

My friend please stop. people have been wanting to fight Pacman. Dont try to force feed us with that nobody wants to fight Manny. Everybody wants Manny cos fighting him is money.

Larios and Chi are both ballsy but again they ARE from division lower than Manny's w/c beg you to please answer my question above. Do you think its fair competition for Manny to move up weight class to fight Castillo or Hatton in his very next fight?

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pre test ko lang kung nakakaintindi ka ng tagalog, minsan kasi may isang poster dito na pinoy daw sya tapos tinitira nya kapwa pinoy, nung tinagalog ko hindi na nagreply.

just wanted to know if youre a real pinoy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pre test ko lang kung nakakaintindi ka ng tagalog, minsan kasi may isang poster dito na pinoy daw sya tapos tinitira nya kapwa pinoy, nung tinagalog ko hindi na nagreply.

just wanted to know if youre a real pinoy!
    ya but it doesnt change the fact that manny is picking the right opponents

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This whole issue is a tough one. There is no question Manny has fought some great fighters. You also can't blame him for easily beating a shot Morales. What i have a problem with is that some people took the result of that third Morales fight as evidence that Pac is somehow unbeatable. The big question going into that fight was if Eric had anything left in the tank...he clearly didn't...which resulted in a quick defeat. Lets also not forget that Larios, coming from a lower weight class, still stunned Pac in that fight before Manny eventually ended it. The Marquez fight was an extremely close one and for whatever reason a rematch has yet to happen. And then there is Manny's first big win against Barrera. People on this board have gone both ways on this fight. Some say Barrera just got beat by a stronger fighter and a rematch would show the same thing. Others have said that Marco was no where near his best in that fight and payed for it (i am in the latter camp). He also clearly got beat in the first Morales fight and beat a sliding Morales in the second fight. As for the upcoming Chi fight...Chi is a scrappy guy....and he wont just come in to get slaughtered...but at the end of the day, he is coming up in weight. All i'm saying is that Pac has definitely fought tough competition....but there is still some unresolved issue (rematches with Marquez and Barerra, facing up and comers like Guzman) before one can say he is head and shoulders the king of his division. Can he beat all those fighters...absolutely. Can he also lose...absolutely. Manny just seems to have so many distractions in his life...Philippino national hero, movies, music, management issues...you wonder if his training and ego will suffer for it. I personally think if he had signed with GBP instead of Arum...his boxing career would be in a better place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Don't get me wrong i like pac, think he is a great fighter, and does the job in the ring; but his last 3 fights have been 2 past it morale's and larios who was stepping up a weight to fight him, and now this will be his fourth fight in a row with a questionable opponent.

With guys like Soto, Guzman, barrios out there who are at his weight, why the hell isn't he fighting them? I don't blame pac for his last 3 fights, i think anyone in his place would of done the same... but surly now its time he fought a true up and comer at his own weight? answer a few questions for us all? Soto is ranked number 2 at the WBC, Guzman is a fight lots want to see;

This is why i really hoped he would of gone to GBP; Personally i think pac is a warrior, but as of late i can see his fights going for commercial value, fighting Chi out in Asia to get a massive pay day, rather than making lass (but still a fair load) and answer some questions for us with the people he should be fighting.
    This is truly unbelievable coming from a Ricky Hatton fan (only "quality" opponent ever was a "past it" and injured Kostya Tszyu). Together with Jermain Taylor, I'd say Pac has fought the toughest competition of any major fighter over the last 3 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Good stay pusy fight for Pac. haha Fruedian Slip.
    You picked Erik to beat Pac in their last fight. Remember?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Manny needs to fight another guy from a division BELOW his.

Now we have another fighter from a lower weight division MOVING UP to fight Manny. Wait. When are we going to see Manny test himself vs a solid and TRUE 130 pound fighter!!!!??

I'd like to see him fight fight R. Marquez next, Vic Darchinyan, Jorge Arce should I go on...
    Now I know you're joking. You do realize that all of these guys are in divisions lower than Chi is, right? Arce has been fighting at like 112.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    Right.. Right on.

Because if thats the way things should be done, then why do people feel the need to criticize Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins etc...

For me, these fighters owe the fans the good fights. A fighter can go ahead and say what do the fans want? Oh they want that or this fight. Sure lets make it happen. However according to you, fighters dont have a say as to who is the next opponent. They just fight..

If I'm not mistaken theres such a term as 'calling out'. Hope memory serves me right - Manny called out MAB-fight made. Manny called out Marquez-fight made. He did call out Morales-fight made. If Manny really wants these fights then he would call for it. But no, according to you hes passive with his career. He just takes who ever is there.... REAALLLLYYY?

IF this Chi fight was like 2-3 years ago. When Chi was younger and fresher. When Manny was a 126 pounder. When Manny hasn't yet settled at 130 and Chi doesn't need to MOVE UP to fight for Manny's stupid wbc INTERNATIONAL bling bling instead of Chi's true 126lb belt. It would have been ok. But what? Its like Manny is picking up his fights nowadays. What does Manny gain from all this? None. Pinoys wont be flying to Macau to watch this fight nor are we going to buy any stupid PPV because we can see that this is a crap match up.

To me, Manny has turned into one sellout money greedy bittcccchhhh. I hope he slips and gets ktfo so he can gather his senses and return to his normal self. Fuuccking sellout bitttchh

yup YOUR A IDIOT!

its ok after jst a few more hating, nobody will here from u again! so no point at really replying to you.
    Thats your argument?!!! Thats it? Thats it! Try harder maybe you can come up with a better response.

All of you need to cool it a bit & start debating on a little bit gentler level.
    Looks like a classic case of hate/love fighteritis when nothing in their eyes that fighter does is right/wrong. I used to have a bad case of the stuff my self, but it gets you nowhere fast other than getting hit with a ban from here. Not worth it. We all either learn and grow on this forum, take a chill pill, or get a ban because it stops the rest of us from having healthy debates and banter.
    True. As much as I want to speak my mind, I'd rather keep my silence. Forums don't want debates. They won't give you a warning. They automatically ban you especially when their biases are hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

Now we have another fighter from a lower weight division MOVING UP to fight Manny. Wait. When are we going to see Manny test himself vs a solid and TRUE 130 pound fighter!!!!??

I'd like to see him fight fight R. Marquez next, Vic Darchinyan, Jorge Arce should I go on...
    Now I know you're joking. You do realize that all of these guys are in divisions lower than Chi is, right? Arce has been fighting at like 112.

Of course I was joking. I was picking at the point that Pacman seems to enjoy fighting guys from a lower weight division. I am pinoy but I can see past all of this b.s by Manny. Hell we want to see him test his courage under fire by fighting a true true challenge vs a true 130 lbs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

Of course I was joking. I was picking at the point that Pacman seems to enjoy fighting guys from a lower weight division. I am pinoy but I can see past all of this b.s by Manny. Hell we want to see him test his courage under fire by fighting a true true challenge vs a true 130 lbs
    I really don't think there is a true challenger at 130. Guzman is the closest thing, but he's not super proven. You sound like the type of person that would immediately write off Barrera as shot if he lost to Pac (if you haven't done so already after the first Pac fight).

Really, I think JMM (who'd be moving up a division for the fight) is the best fight out there. Unless Pac moves up to 135 and fights the winner of Casamayor-Freitas. Or goes all the way up to 140.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he hadnt beaten EM you'll say he aint a true 130 pounder
    now that he beat the crap out of him twice you called the last fight
    a tune up fight. how the hell does a tune up fight makes you a
    legit 130 pounder? ok morales is shot. so pac hasnt really beaten a
    true jr.ligthweight right? fahsan, larios, morales and now chi...
    youre saying he beats smaller guys just because he fights at 130
    but are you aware that pac started 106? thats the minimum weight baby
    and now you'll say he has beaten EM a true 130 pounder so hes now the
    peoples champ of the 130 then youre saying morales is shot and chi is smaller
    and pac must fight a legit 130 pounder, who? valero and soto are.
    marquez is also 126 pounder, guzman has NO power at 130 and can only hurt at 126
    barrera got eaten alive at 126. so it all goes down to guzman and soto
    the risk of fighting them is a nigtmare for pacs promoter

and to tell you honestly i think arum pushed this fight to happen
    its not much of pacs decision remember he is building pac
    and valero and soto is risky. macau being the venue makes
    me think this is a tune up fight. chi has a great chin ala larios
    and is as tough ala larios. expect him to last 12 rounds ala larios
    tune up fights that are on ppv always goes the distance
    and dont ask me why

Thread Information