Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacman-Chi almost a done deal for 28th April

Should be a good fight,big in Asia!! Manny taking on yet another tough opponent,when will this guy stop!!!!! I mean this is supposed to be a tune up?!?!

Chi is tough,gave on off peak(that day)Morales a very tough fight,seemed really tough but didn't appear to have alot of snap his punches,smothered them and that was a few years ago.It should be a good fight though and Chi won his last fight convincingly didn't he?

Manny tko 11

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacman-Chi almost a done deal for 28th April

I've always been uncomfortable with taller, tough fighters with plenty of heart for our boy. If there will be an upset, I think these kind of fighters are the ones who can bring 'em. Though I believe Pac can handle him, I think my boy deserve an easier fight this time.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    I've always been uncomfortable with taller, tough fighters with plenty of heart for our boy. If there will be an upset, I think these kind of fighters are the ones who can bring 'em. Though I believe Pac can handle him, I think my boy deserve an easier fight this time.
    Chi's height would be an advantage but I have not seen him make use of it. He usually goes to war on the inside thus negating any height advantage. It is a different style for Pac to face though so it'll be interesting.

I'm actually getting quite hyped by the thought of Manny fighting my boy Valero. The more I see of Valero,his background in a gang etc and his attitude,he thinks he can KTFO anyone anywhere,the more I believe in his power and think he can hurt Pac!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check out these exercpts from an interview with El Inca:

BC: Let's talk about the super featherweight division and one of the biggest stars in boxing right now, Manny Pacquiao. There have been mentions about a fight between you and the Filipino star. With 20 fights as a professional, are you ready for someone as explosive as Manny Pacquiao?

EV: I will be very honest with you, I still need some experience. I have courage, youth, and hunger to spare. I can go into the ring with Manny Pacquiao and anything can happen. But, I do think I need two or three more fights and I will be ready for him. I do need to fight him, before he retires, but I do not want to fight him just for money. I want to win. I have my pride and I want to win that fight. I want to give it everything I have and I want to win.

He is human, he can lose, and he has lost fights. I have never lost a fight.

BC: When Pacquiao was asked about you, as a fighter, he was quoted as saying, "All Valero's opponents were tricycle drivers." How does that comment make you feel?

EV: Maybe he did not think about what he was saying. Maybe when they asked him that question he was full of emotion. He must think, "I have beaten the best in Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales." Maybe he got caught up in the moment and does not realize the sort of danger I can bring to him.

I have had other fighters say worse things to me to my face, like the Panamanian Vicente Mosquera. He called me a little woman and told me he was going to kick my [explicit] to my face at the press conference. I did not give him the pleasure of a response. He thought I did not talk because I was afraid. I am not going to argue with him and make a spectacle of myself like [Ricardo] Mayorga. I just want to fight. I go to the press conference because it is my duty as a boxer. I just want to train well, make my money and fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.maxboxing.com/Fischer/Fischer102504.asp

Some excerpts

Oh, that must be Valero," Kim answered. "Why? Is he any good?"

"Any good? He's a monster," Foley replied.

Foley, a former fighter, doesn't hand out compliments to young fighters. Normally a kid has to prove himself in a real prize fight before Foley gives his approval. But Valero is different. Trainers who were former fighters have no problem giving the kid his props after watching his handy work in the gym.

Rudy Hernandez, a former welterweight who trains Jose Armando Santa Cruz and Urbano Antillon (the two guys who spar with Valero in this week's 'Gym Wars'), compares Valero's punching power to that of former middleweight champ Julian Jackson.

Willie "Birdllegs" Jensen, a former flyweight contender, says Valero reminds him of some of the best fighters from the '70s, little giants like Ruben Olivares, Carlos Zarate, Wilfredo Gomez and Alexis Arguello.

"There used to be a lot of fighters like Valero - guys with good upper-body movement, who had good hand speed, who knew how to make you miss and make you pay and who had a lot of power," said Jensen, "but these days, he's unique. He's a fighter with a lot of power, who is also smart.

Jimenez, who compiled a 139-26 amateur record (he beat Juan McPhereson for the '99 national silver gloves title) and is now 1-0 as a pro, was young and naïve enough to try and stand up to Valero.

Jimenez, who helped Diego Corrales and Robbie Peden prepare for their last fights, mixed it up with Valero for a couple of rounds before the Venezuelan's ring generalship and power began to take over. Jimenez was in survival mode by the final two rounds, as he absorbed a beating to his body and may have had his nose broken, but he did stand his ground in the final minute of their session.

Afterward, Jimenez, who is being courted by all of the major boxing managers and agents, said that sparring with Valero made his sessions with Corrales and Peden seem easy.

An article from P4P the best analyst,writer in boxing today period,Doug Fischer from 2004,when he saw Valero. Most of us did not even hear of Valero at this point but check out what he says about V Nom and how good he looked.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, I have to agree with you there, if there's anyone who can knock Pac out, it is no other than Valero himself. Nice exchanging views with you again Gamo, it's 6am here and my time to sleep (strange?), hope to 'see' you again soon.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was hoping pacs next tune up was valero, but knocking chi out next isn't so bad.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think generally people will go for Manny by stoppage probably late on. Anyone think the extra weight will be a boost for Chi and he might give Manny a real hard nights work?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Check out these exercpts from an interview with El Inca:

BC: Let's talk about the super featherweight division and one of the biggest stars in boxing right now, Manny Pacquiao. There have been mentions about a fight between you and the Filipino star. With 20 fights as a professional, are you ready for someone as explosive as Manny Pacquiao?

EV: I will be very honest with you, I still need some experience. I have courage, youth, and hunger to spare. I can go into the ring with Manny Pacquiao and anything can happen. But, I do think I need two or three more fights and I will be ready for him. I do need to fight him, before he retires, but I do not want to fight him just for money. I want to win. I have my pride and I want to win that fight. I want to give it everything I have and I want to win.

He is human, he can lose, and he has lost fights. I have never lost a fight.

BC: When Pacquiao was asked about you, as a fighter, he was quoted as saying, "All Valero's opponents were tricycle drivers." How does that comment make you feel?

EV: Maybe he did not think about what he was saying. Maybe when they asked him that question he was full of emotion. He must think, "I have beaten the best in Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales." Maybe he got caught up in the moment and does not realize the sort of danger I can bring to him.

I have had other fighters say worse things to me to my face, like the Panamanian Vicente Mosquera. He called me a little woman and told me he was going to kick my [explicit] to my face at the press conference. I did not give him the pleasure of a response. He thought I did not talk because I was afraid. I am not going to argue with him and make a spectacle of myself like [Ricardo] Mayorga. I just want to fight. I go to the press conference because it is my duty as a boxer. I just want to train well, make my money and fight.
    after valero k.oed another bum,(his last fight) wasn't he demanding to get pac next, now he says he needs a few more fight to be ready for pac, he either grew some brains or he is having second thoughts about actually getting in with pac.

valero says pac is human haha, and he can lose and has lost before, valero must be really trying to find courage to build himself up, then he says he(valero) has never lost a fight...that's because his best oppenent was a C+ fighter (vincent)...as soon as valero steps to guzman jmm mab, valero is gonna either got ktfo or schooled. even worst if he steps to pacman, valeros punchers chance would only last 2 rounds. pac won't take it easy on valero at all and would just destroy him before valero really realize what's infront of him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't get me wrong i like pac, think he is a great fighter, and does the job in the ring; but his last 3 fights have been 2 past it morale's and larios who was stepping up a weight to fight him, and now this will be his fourth fight in a row with a questionable opponent.

With guys like Soto, Guzman, barrios out there who are at his weight, why the hell isn't he fighting them? I don't blame pac for his last 3 fights, i think anyone in his place would of done the same... but surly now its time he fought a true up and comer at his own weight? answer a few questions for us all? Soto is ranked number 2 at the WBC, Guzman is a fight lots want to see;

This is why i really hoped he would of gone to GBP; Personally i think pac is a warrior, but as of late i can see his fights going for commercial value, fighting Chi out in Asia to get a massive pay day, rather than making lass (but still a fair load) and answer some questions for us with the people he should be fighting.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mediocre Chi shouldn't be much trouble for Pac. Another fighter moving up in weight to face Pac. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stay pusy fight for Pac. haha Fruedian Slip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Don't get me wrong i like pac, think he is a great fighter, and does the job in the ring; but his last 3 fights have been 2 past it morale's and larios who was stepping up a weight to fight him, and now this will be his fourth fight in a row with a questionable opponent.

With guys like Soto, Guzman, barrios out there who are at his weight, why the hell isn't he fighting them? I don't blame pac for his last 3 fights, i think anyone in his place would of done the same... but surly now its time he fought a true up and comer at his own weight? answer a few questions for us all? Soto is ranked number 2 at the WBC, Guzman is a fight lots want to see;

This is why i really hoped he would of gone to GBP; Personally i think pac is a warrior, but as of late i can see his fights going for commercial value, fighting Chi out in Asia to get a massive pay day, rather than making lass (but still a fair load) and answer some questions for us with the people he should be fighting.
    to answer you questions...

Guzman is a GBP fighter, Oscar has already stated that no GBP fighter will fight Pac untill the legal matters are cleared and that MAB has 1st dibs on Pac out of the GBP fighters

Barrios...cant make 130lb anymore and more that likely have moved up to 135.

Valero...He and his team has stated that they are not ready for Pac as of yet.

Klassen(IBF champ)..His team have stated that they would rather defend against #1 rated IBF fighter Mzonke Fana than defend against #3 Pac.

Soto...Arum dont wanna put him against Pac in Macua,the Las Vegas of Asia, because he does not sell there. Arum wanted Valero because Valero is huge in Japan. Arums been lobbying the WBC to force MAB to fight Soto enstead, IMO Arum purposelly sabotaged the Pac-Mab fight so he can use Mab to raise Soto's profile.

Chris John...wont leave Indonesea nor move up in weight to fight Pac

Harrison..his a bit of a head case right now and no one wants to tough him right now.

I myself had hoped that Soto and pac could fight for an Interim Belt but respect to Injin CHi for stepping up, his team was the one who actually made the offer to move up and fight Pac. Chi will come to fight, pac wont just walk through him. we'll see how pac handles a rough fighter now, the last rough fighter he fought was sanchez and that ended in a draw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me, Manny is a sellout bitch these days. People are being duped into believing that hes fighting tough opponents. But if you look closely in his last 5 fights, they all were not significant at all in terms of threat.

1) Velasquez - a world beater
    2) Morales - an ok with a question mark (?)
    3) Larios - 122 duh! who is a very nice person. I met him last July here in Manila
    4) Morales - shot whew!
    5) and now Chi - 126 champ..Wait did I say 126?! When is Manny going to fight some his SIZE?

Manny is a sellout bitch. I dont like it, so do so many pinoys who see through all of this fake ass 'tough' competition by Manny. Hes fighting for money and not legacy. This is a total crap of a match up.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    I think generally people will go for Manny by stoppage probably late on. Anyone think the extra weight will be a boost for Chi and he might give Manny a real hard nights work?
    Pac has the tools, but Chi is a very durable opponent...Pac wont be able to blow him out and likewise maybe it will make people realise he isnt going to KO MAB again

Thread Information