what does it feel like?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Getting knocked out

Couldn't tell you... Ali described getting knocked down along the lines of waking up in a giant room full of flashing lights and giant pink elephants... he said most people are too in aw of this magic room to open the door right in front of them and get back into the ring.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well iv never been knocked out but i was knocked down once in sparring sort of by a punch but i was off balance but anyways its a weird feeling ur just rele shocked that its happened and ur instant reaction is to get up as quick as posible and i think sometimes fighters try to get up too soon before they have their legs back steady e.g judahs chicken dance look at judah when he got up the second time when the fight was called off around about 8 seconds after the knock down he was fine now he had stayed down to 8 first time he would have been fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been KO'ed once. Honestly, I didn't hurt a bit. To me it felt like some one throwing a basketball at your head (if you have ever had that happen). I blacked out for a second, but it wasn't painful like if you got punched in a muscle.

I ending up getting a concusion. Got an MRI. Doc told me, 9 times outta 10 a concussion with a boxing glove will not cause severe damage.

oh, and that whole "YOU CANT FALL ASLEEP IF YOU HAVE A CONCUSSION" thing, its a myth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Skinny
    that whole "YOU CANT FALL ASLEEP IF YOU HAVE A CONCUSSION" thing, its a myth.
    I want to hear that form a doctor.

I was knocked out as a kid on the playground. I fell from the monkey bars head first. Being out was like being in a wonderland...an extermemly pleasant dream. But the headache afterwords was a fookin killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Havn't oficially been KO'd. Been close. Everything to me just goes black for a split second. Bit of a headrush/lightheadedness for the next split second. Then a split second of "where the hell am I." Mind you, this all takes maybe a second or two to happen. Maybe a bit out of it for a little longer, but coherant. Confusion, yes, pain, no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got sort of KO'd when i was playing rugby once. by my team mate as irony. both jumped in for the tackle and clashed heads. my black eye closed over my whole eye. bad ass and couldnt open it afterwards. was out on my feet after the clash. got the ball and didnt know which way i was running?? to me it felt a bit like being absolutly smashed off my tits and trying to remember shit the morning after..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I broke my jaw, I got knocked out. All I saw was starts... and I rocketship. then I tried to stand up and fell back down. Didn't hurt at all, besides the broken jaw thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say any fighter that concentrates on the possibility of being Knocked out.....

Will eventually be knocked out.

Old Town Boxing

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been on the floor that many times Ive got a Cauliflower arse
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by genghis707
    what does it feel like?
    The closest I ever came to being KO'ed was when I was about 14 or 15 years old and sparring with a bloke who must have been 18 or 19 and a decent boxer and local tough guy.

I was doing well and puting a bit of power behind my punches and not showing much respect when all of a sudden I got this type of floating feeling and next thing I knew I was on the mat.I got caught by a hook I had not seen coming.

There was no pain and I got up straight away with my head totaly clear and was told to cool the sparring down a bit or there would be more of the same.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant tell you what its like to get knocked out in the ring but ive been knocked out a fair few times when i used to ride bmx's and downhill moutain bikes etc. Once i got knocked out cold for about 3 minutes and couldnt rememver anything from about 5 minutes before the impact to when i woke up. It doesnt hurt a bit because obviously part of your brain is basically shut down so you cant feel it, hense why some people will pass out during intense pain. You'll probably have a nice little dream or dream that somebody else is there and when you wake up you'll be a bit disorientated for a few seconds but thats all there is too it.

Bottom line is, dont think about it. If you think about getting knocked out that's where your concentration will be and theres only one plsce youll be headed when that happens...on the canvas,

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc for the cauliflower arse scrap haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by genghis707
    what does it feel like?
    e-mail this guy and ask him...

zabjudah@theshuffle.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Skinny
    that whole "YOU CANT FALL ASLEEP IF YOU HAVE A CONCUSSION" thing, its a myth.
    I want to hear that form a doctor.

I was knocked out as a kid on the playground. I fell from the monkey bars head first. Being out was like being in a wonderland...an extermemly pleasant dream. But the headache afterwords was a fookin killer.
    the one time it hapened to me was in a baseball game...I was on third and the coach signaled to go at the crack of the bat...I heard the crack and dug down to run my a** off...my head was down at first so I could really bear down...good thing to because the ball crushed me right on top of my head!!!!!!! I thought I scored the winning run!!! when I came to I was excited and celebrating then they told me we lost...I was the last out...literally....never been hit like that in my 3+ years of amateur boxing...funny how that is....and they say boxing is dangrous....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information