Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is lennox Lewis still haunted by vitali klitscho or even Wladimir klitschko

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is lennox Lewis still haunted by vitali klitscho or even Wladimir klitschko

Alot of people out there believe that lennox wanted to be the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time but the klitschko brother destroyed his dream, soo many still say lennox was not even greatest of his era, just look at the fighter he fought or at the time he fought them, such as holyfield and tyson were past their prime and riddick bowe was just a kid when he got beaten by lewis. Well let have a little recap of lewis aand find out what he really was.
    Lennox lewis proved himself a great fighter during his era. He always said he was the best fighter of his era. He become undisputed world Champion at age 34 then quickly was knocked out at age 35, He got his revenge by knocking out Hasim rahman in rematch hasim rahman. So at age 36 lennox was back and then went onto beat a old weak tyson.
    There had been rumour that lewis had been ducking the klitschko brother. There were also other rumours that the only way lennox was gonna fight one of the klitschko brother was if the particular fighter does not get full preparation for the fight.
    Lennox already had prepared for 14 weeks for the fight to get himself in shape for the fight against kirk johnson (yes lennox went in heavy but meant to because he knew kirk johnson was such a strong fighter and also lennox had intention to take his challenger out in early rounds) but anyway kirk pulled out few days before the fight, lennox suddenly remembered klitschko and thought ''yes'' I might have a chance to beat klitschko, just because klitschko will only have few days to get in shape, the day the fight did happen we could all see that lennox was totally out classed, klitschko was winning 4 rounds to 2 but would have been winning all 6 rounds if he was never cut and never got caught with the vicious uppercut in round 6. Still klitschko never wobbled like lennox did , lennox was very lucky to come in heavy or he wouldn't have had the punching power to cut klitschko, it unbelievable how lennox lost these early rounds, since lennox was the heavier opponent he should have dominated the earlier rounds, especially when predicting to knock klitschko out in less than 5 rounds, maybe the doctor stop the fight because he knew lennox energy was totally drained, Lennox is wobbling like hell after the fight and everyone know that if they've seen the fight, Lennox seemed like he was on the edge of the knife right after the fight and I would have bet all my money that lennox was gonna go flying out of the ring in the 7th round.
    So anyway lennox promise klitschko for a rematch which never took place, and on top of that lennox said he would eat wladimir brother for lunch, since mentioning wladimir, lennox actually said to wladimir that he want to fight him (lennox said this 2 month ago), you can see this video on boxingscene.com, the only reason I can think of lennox saying he wanna come back is because vitali is retired, but if this is just a joke by lennox then I dare lennox to joke to vitali, Wladimir may be the smaller weaker brother of vitali but would and could have destroyed lennox at anytime and yes even in his nappies, remember lennox could not even beat vitali who only had few days to prepare for the fight and also vitali has spent time on kickboxing, education, politics, boxing and dealing with his injuries, so vitali has never reached anywhere near his peak in boxing because he never gave attention to boxing 100% like the way lennox did, but he still did enough to give lennox a beating and force him into retirement, you have to put in mind vitali would have come in better shape in the rematch because he would have got his full 12-16 weeks preparation, and if lennox came in lighter in the rematch then he would not able to cut klitschko face, plus he would get knocked out by vitali punch for not being heavy enough to handle it,so lennox only could see 1 way out and it does not take the cleverest person to figure out what that is.
    And please do not say lennox was too old at age 37 since lennox is known to be in his peak at a late age, also lewis was consider in his peak at age 36 when he knocked tyson out but the truth is vitali made lennox look so so bad that lennox suddenly looked like a guy who was out of shape and past his peak.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is lennox Lewis still haunted by vitali klitscho or even Wladimir klitschko

I think Lewis is one of those men who is able to look at this sport in a reflective, mature light. He knows the extent of his accomplishments and he has resisted the temptation to comeback. I doubt the Klitschko's haunt his thoughts.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is lennox Lewis still haunted by vitali klitscho or even Wladimir klitschko

No. The Klitschko's always needed Lennox more than Lennox needed them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by strongestboxer
    Alot of people out there believe that lennox wanted to be the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time but the klitschko brother destroyed his dream, soo many still say lennox was not even greatest of his era, just look at the fighter he fought or at the time he fought them, such as holyfield and tyson were past their prime and riddick bowe was just a kid when he got beaten by lewis. Well let have a little recap of lewis aand find out what he really was.
    Lennox lewis proved himself a great fighter during his era. He always said he was the best fighter of his era. He become undisputed world Champion at age 34 then quickly was knocked out at age 35, He got his revenge by knocking out Hasim rahman in rematch hasim rahman. So at age 36 lennox was back and then went onto beat a old weak tyson.
    There had been rumour that lewis had been ducking the klitschko brother. There were also other rumours that the only way lennox was gonna fight one of the klitschko brother was if the particular fighter does not get full preparation for the fight.
    Lennox already had prepared for 14 weeks for the fight to get himself in shape for the fight against kirk johnson (yes lennox went in heavy but meant to because he knew kirk johnson was such a strong fighter and also lennox had intention to take his challenger out in early rounds) but anyway kirk pulled out few days before the fight, lennox suddenly remembered klitschko and thought ''yes'' I might have a chance to beat klitschko, just because klitschko will only have few days to get in shape, the day the fight did happen we could all see that lennox was totally out classed, klitschko was winning 4 rounds to 2 but would have been winning all 6 rounds if he was never cut and never got caught with the vicious uppercut in round 6. Still klitschko never wobbled like lennox did , lennox was very lucky to come in heavy or he wouldn't have had the punching power to cut klitschko, it unbelievable how lennox lost these early rounds, since lennox was the heavier opponent he should have dominated the earlier rounds, especially when predicting to knock klitschko out in less than 5 rounds, maybe the doctor stop the fight because he knew lennox energy was totally drained, Lennox is wobbling like hell after the fight and everyone know that if they've seen the fight, Lennox seemed like he was on the edge of the knife right after the fight and I would have bet all my money that lennox was gonna go flying out of the ring in the 7th round.
    So anyway lennox promise klitschko for a rematch which never took place, and on top of that lennox said he would eat wladimir brother for lunch, since mentioning wladimir, lennox actually said to wladimir that he want to fight him (lennox said this 2 month ago), you can see this video on AUTO MESSAGE: SORRY THIS SITE NAME AND ANY CONTENT FROM IT IS BANNED FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE DELETE.com, the only reason I can think of lennox saying he wanna come back is because vitali is retired, but if this is just a joke by lennox then I dare lennox to joke to vitali, Wladimir may be the smaller weaker brother of vitali but would and could have destroyed lennox at anytime and yes even in his nappies, remember lennox could not even beat vitali who only had few days to prepare for the fight and also vitali has spent time on kickboxing, education, politics, boxing and dealing with his injuries, so vitali has never reached anywhere near his peak in boxing because he never gave attention to boxing 100% like the way lennox did, but he still did enough to give lennox a beating and force him into retirement, you have to put in mind vitali would have come in better shape in the rematch because he would have got his full 12-16 weeks preparation, and if lennox came in lighter in the rematch then he would not able to cut klitschko face, plus he would get knocked out by vitali punch for not being heavy enough to handle it,so lennox only could see 1 way out and it does not take the cleverest person to figure out what that is.
    And please do not say lennox was too old at age 37 since lennox is known to be in his peak at a late age, also lewis was consider in his peak at age 36 when he knocked tyson out but the truth is vitali made lennox look so so bad that lennox suddenly looked like a guy who was out of shape and past his peak.
    Very good points you brought up.I wish Lewis would have kept his promise to fight Vitali but I guess he knew better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haunted would not be the best word but without a doubt it has really affected his boxing status especially if he wanted to be the greatest, but he making a movie now called johny was and it best if he stick with something simple, I also seen the wladimir mention that lennox wanted to fight him, this was said just before wladimir stepped in the ring with calvin brock, wladimir actually replied that it best if lennox stay for him and as far as I know lennox never contacted wladimir after that fight, even emanuel steward has claimed that wladimir is the best HW fighter he trained and also mention even though wladimir is bigger, stronger and more muscular than lennox on top of that wladimir is faster, also emanuel said that he can never train a fighter to beat wladimir, he really has high expectation of wladimir, maybe he want him to be the greatest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox Lewis haunted by the Klitschkos????

Ya,maybe...haunted by the fact
    THAT HE DAMN NEAR KILLED ONE OF THEM!!

LOL! your too funny!!!

Haunted! lmao!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by strongestboxer
    So anyway lennox promise klitschko for a rematch which never took place, and on top of that lennox said he would eat wladimir brother for lunch, since mentioning wladimir, lennox actually said to wladimir that he want to fight him (lennox said this 2 month ago), you can see this video on boxingscene.com, the only reason I can think of lennox saying he wanna come back is because vitali is retired, but if this is just a joke by lennox then I dare lennox to joke to vitali, Wladimir may be the smaller weaker brother of vitali but would and could have destroyed lennox at anytime and yes even in his nappies, remember lennox could not even beat vitali who only had few days to prepare for the fight and also vitali has spent time on kickboxing, education, politics, boxing and dealing with his injuries, so vitali has never reached anywhere near his peak in boxing because he never gave attention to boxing 100% like the way lennox did, but he still did enough to give lennox a beating and force him into retirement, you have to put in mind vitali would have come in better shape in the rematch because he would have got his full 12-16 weeks preparation, and if lennox came in lighter in the rematch then he would not able to cut klitschko face, plus he would get knocked out by vitali punch for not being heavy enough to handle it,so lennox only could see 1 way out and it does not take the cleverest person to figure out what that is.
    1st and foremost heres your 1st cool click on me. cc#1
    'Welcome to Casa De Saddo, where your opinion is SURE to be crushed by some drunk' (WackOff3205, SalTheButcher)
    Hope you enjoy your stay.....

Lennox was 'undisputed' champ, the impact that the Klitschkos had on Lennoxs career was minimal.... I don't think the bros. haunt Lennoxs career, as much of a fan that I am of the Klithschko bros. thats the truff'th!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said to another member on another thread...I was a huge fan of both Vitali & of Lennox.

I think that Lennox got very VERY little respect here in the states & he was a much better boxer than most credit him for. The same goes for Vitali...but oddly enough...he was a far lesser boxer than Lewis but got more love from U.S. fans.

Even more odd...most U.S. fans didn't like Lewis because he was a thinking man's fighter instead of being an exciting knock down drag out fighter & that he was proper, boring, & English.

Even more odd than that...the majority of U.S. fans really liked Vitali even though he was awkward, impossible to understand, & fought a much lesser level of opponents.

It just don't add up.

All that being said...NO. Vitali nor Wlad haunt Lewis in anyway...not IWO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes and the last fight of Lennox's career was a drag out brawl that fighters said he wouldn't ever fight and its the fight he gets the least respect for because he was behind on the scorecards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alot of people out there believe that lennox wanted to be the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time but the klitschko brother destroyed his dream,

really? Ive never heard,seen or read that comment anywhere ,ever,from anyone.

Ya, and Elvis married Bigfoot on a UFO

Lennox already had prepared for 14 weeks for the fight to get himself in shape for the fight against kirk johnson (yes lennox went in heavy but meant to because he knew kirk johnson was such a strong fighter and also lennox had intention to take his challenger out in early rounds) but anyway kirk pulled out few days before the fight, lennox suddenly remembered klitschko and thought ''yes'' I might have a chance to beat klitschko, just because klitschko will only have few days to get in shape,

This is pure conjecture.

the day the fight did happen we could all see that lennox was totally out classed, klitschko was winning 4 rounds to 2 but would have been winning all 6 rounds if he was never cut and never got caught with the vicious uppercut in round 6.

yes he would have won all rounds and won the fight if he hadn't have gotten the sh1t kicked out of himself by Lennox....HUH? did Lennox do all that damage with one uppercut! WOW!

Still klitschko never wobbled like lennox did

NEVER?? the fight was stopped! cuz Vitali was taking such a beating ,

lennox was very lucky to come in heavy or he wouldn't have had the punching power to cut klitschko, it unbelievable how lennox lost these early rounds, since lennox was the heavier opponent he should have dominated the earlier rounds,

so the key to dominating a fight is to be fat? didn't work for Toney!

Lennox is wobbling like hell after the fight and everyone know that if they've seen the fight, Lennox seemed like he was on the edge of the knife right after the fight.

that's because like many ringside observers he felt nauseous at the sight of Klitschko's face which looked like 30 pounds of raw alpo dog food!

remember lennox could not even beat vitali who only had few days to prepare for the fight

let's see.......Um Lewis TKO 6 I think that means he beat him

and also vitali has spent time on kickboxing, education, politics, boxing and dealing with his injuries, so vitali has never reached anywhere near his peak in boxing because he never gave attention to boxing 100% like the way lennox did,

well then I guess he's stupid! thats maybe why he got his a** handed to him on a plate!

but he still did enough to give lennox a beating

You know Lennox is the black guy right?? The white guy with the smashed nose busted lip and gruesome cut on his head is Klitschko

Please feel proud that you post was good enough for me to take the time to rip it to shreds.

ps. Your welcome....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    As I said to another member on another thread...I was a huge fan of both Vitali & of Lennox.

I think that Lennox got very VERY little respect here in the states & he was a much better boxer than most credit him for. The same goes for Vitali...but oddly enough...he was a far lesser boxer than Lewis but got more love from U.S. fans.

Even more odd...most U.S. fans didn't like Lewis because he was a thinking man's fighter instead of being an exciting knock down drag out fighter & that he was proper, boring, & English.

Even more odd than that...the majority of U.S. fans really liked Vitali even though he was awkward, impossible to understand, & fought a much lesser level of opponents.

It just don't add up.

I think you haven't seen lennox fight if u call him boring, especially if u say vitali a exciting fighter,
    vitali is recognised as a big boring fighter of someone who run back and keep jabbing his opponesnt with height advantage and also technique advantage, his only exciting fight was against lewis, lewis fight against golata was not boring and neither was ray mercer fight, including the shannon briggs fight, razzor ruddock, francois botha, holyfield, zejiko mavoric, frank bruno etc, Lennox atleast never look stiff or slow like klitschko, don't get me wrong am not taking niothing away from klitschko, vitali simply did beat lewis and obviously lewis has een haunted by it that y so mant times he has said he he was coming back and then said no, lennox has definantely achieved more in the world of boxing than klitrschko because he spent all his life in boxing but klitschko has achieved more in kickboxing, politics and education more than lewis hasbecause klitschko has been focusing on soo many different things (like strongest boxer said). BUt klitschko at his peak would easily beat lewis as his smaller brother could easily beat lewis too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Yes and the last fight of Lennox's career was a drag out brawl that fighters said he wouldn't ever fight and its the fight he gets the least respect for because he was behind on the scorecards.
    Funny thing about that match...I tend to be a bit undecided on the possible outcome of that fight. Everyone looks at it differently & over the years I've heard just about every version that there is to offer. The ones that amuse me most?

#1: Klitschko fans say that Vitali wouldv'e knocked out given another two or three rounds.
    #2: Klitschko haters say that Vitali was just holding on & that even with the sorry shape that Lewis showed up in...he still was having major issues with that version of Lewis.
    #3: Lewis fans say that Lewis showed up unprepared but was still doing enough to to be beating him & knock him out.

The way I see it...both men were beating the hell out of each other & it was a really good fight for the division, the fans, & the sport at the time...I never figured out why everyone ripped it apart after it was over.

The fact is...if anyone was more unprepared...it would have been Vitali. He was only sparring & was a late fill in for Kirk Johnson whom Lewis was set to fight...if memory serves me correctly.

As far as who was giving whom more issues...honestly...I'd say that Vitali was the one that was giving Lewis more issues during the fight.

As far as who wouldv'e knocked whom out? I gotta be honest & say I don't have a fwockin clue.

I've watched that fight atleast 12 or more times...& each time I've got myself talked into the sure bet...I change my mind. It was a close fight & YES Vitali was definently winning...& more often than not...I truely believe that he would have knocked Lewis out in another round or so...but there again...you never know.

Both were true champions...no matter what anyone thinks...Wacko misses 'em both.

Maybe know that Wladimir has a few good wins under his belt he can overcome his ring demons & pick up the slack...I'd like to think so...but being a fan of Vitali first...in the past is has been a bit hard for me adjusting to Wlad...but he is growing on me.

Oddly enough...Wlad, I think, is the better boxer of the three as far as his technique goes...but that is an opinion that I am sure can be debated to the end of time.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

lewis was losing by two rounds i dont call that getting outclassed but i do think lewis should of gave him rematch because there will always be what if

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerstorm
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

It just don't add up.

I think you haven't seen lennox fight if u call him boring, especially if u say vitali a exciting fighter,
    vitali is recognised as a big boring fighter of someone who run back and keep jabbing his opponesnt with height advantage and also technique advantage, his only exciting fight was against lewis, lewis fight against golata was not boring and neither was ray mercer fight, including the shannon briggs fight, razzor ruddock, francois botha, holyfield, zejiko mavoric, frank bruno etc, Lennox atleast never look stiff or slow like klitschko, don't get me wrong am not taking niothing away from klitschko, vitali simply did beat lewis and obviously lewis has een haunted by it that y so mant times he has said he he was coming back and then said no, lennox has definantely achieved more in the world of boxing than klitrschko because he spent all his life in boxing but klitschko has achieved more in kickboxing, politics and education more than lewis hasbecause klitschko has been focusing on soo many different things (like strongest boxer said). BUt klitschko at his peak would easily beat lewis as his smaller brother could easily beat lewis too
    I think you need to re-read my post.

I didn't say that I thought either was boring...I think that they were both exciting fighters...but what I was saying was the most boxing fans didn't like Lewis & thought that he was boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alot of people out there believe that lennox wanted to be the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time but the klitschko brother destroyed his dream,

really? Ive never heard,seen or read that comment anywhere ,ever,from anyone.

well it show u know nothing about boxing or lennox lewis

Ya, and Elvis married Bigfoot on a UFO

here the proof
    http://ezinearticles.com/?TOP-TEN-Po...-Ever&id=25070

Lennox already had prepared for 14 weeks for the fight to get himself in shape for the fight against kirk johnson (yes lennox went in heavy but meant to because he knew kirk johnson was such a strong fighter and also lennox had intention to take his challenger out in early rounds) but anyway kirk pulled out few days before the fight, lennox suddenly remembered klitschko and thought ''yes'' I might have a chance to beat klitschko, just because klitschko will only have few days to get in shape,

again if u don't know this then where have u been

the day the fight did happen we could all see that lennox was totally out classed, klitschko was winning 4 rounds to 2 but would have been winning all 6 rounds if he was never cut and never got caught with the vicious uppercut in round 6.

yes he would have won all rounds and won the fight if he hadn't have gotten the sh1t kicked out of himself by Lennox....HUH? did Lennox do all that damage with one uppercut! WOW!

if u can read it properly it say if lennox never cut him and landed a vicious uppercut in round 6, do u know what and mean duh!!!!!

Still klitschko never wobbled like lennox did

NEVER?? the fight was stopped! cuz Vitali was taking such a beating ,

no! fight was stoped cos klitschko was cut but nothing to do wid belly dancing like lewis

lennox was very lucky to come in heavy or he wouldn't have had the punching power to cut klitschko, it unbelievable how lennox lost these early rounds, since lennox was the heavier opponent he should have dominated the earlier rounds,

so the key to dominating a fight is to be fat? didn't work for Toney!

erm it actually did work for toney because toney come in heavier for the first fight against peter, which most people complained and said toney won the fight in the rematch james toney weight so much lighter and this time toney got wooped, and whole world said toney got wooped, here the proof of toney being light in secone fight and losing by a much bigget margin
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=001437

Lennox is wobbling like hell after the fight and everyone know that if they've seen the fight, Lennox seemed like he was on the edge of the knife right after the fight.

that's because like many ringside observers he felt nauseous at the sight of Klitschko's face which looked like 30 pounds of raw alpo dog food!

You know if I read this I would never have bothered answering you especially knowing u reply with worser answer everytime

remember lennox could not even beat vitali who only had few days to prepare for the fight

let's see.......Um Lewis TKO 6 I think that means he beat him

Urm you mean he was robbed, didn't you hear audience boo lewis and cheer lennox or most probqably u've never watch tv that y ur making yur own story up

and also vitali has spent time on kickboxing, education, politics, boxing and dealing with his injuries, so vitali has never reached anywhere near his peak in boxing because he never gave attention to boxing 100% like the way lennox did,

well then I guess he's stupid! thats maybe why he got his a** handed to him on a plate!

what r u on??

but he still did enough to give lennox a beating

You know Lennox is the black guy right?? The white guy with the smashed nose busted lip and gruesome cut on his head is Klitschko

I think you've been watching ali vs henry cooper
    anyway lennox is the one with the smashed nose who is belly dancing after the fight and also struggle to raise his hands up when he annouced the winner, maybe lennox felt to shameful to raise his hands.
    klitschko is the one who ask for rematch and lennox make a fake promise to klitschko, lennox must have been thing is klitschko crzy there no where am gona give him a rematch after a lucky escape

Please feel proud that you post was good enough for me to take the time to rip it to shreds.

The only thing u shreded is ur life time but i guess ur life don't mean nothing

ps. Your welcome....
    bless u

Thread Information