Thread: James Toney racist comments!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney racist comments!!!

THere is a rule of thumb: Minorities are allowed to be racist because they have been subject to racism for a far longer. As a white person I realize I can't say the equivalent of somebody calling me a cracker or whatever because that snot how it works, but vice virsa its just how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you don't think this is a racist comment you don't know what the definition of racist is.

Racism is a belief system or doctrine which states that inherent biological differences between human races determine cultural or individual right or achievement — with a corollary that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

That is a pure racist comment freom Toney pure and simple, he just isn't smart enough to know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dickilad90
    Its hardly racist, just a cultural difference. He believes white europeans cant be decent heavyweight champs, and from what i have seen over the last few years, his comments are justified. Although controversial, that's just the nature of the Toney propaganda machine.
    Never actuly seen it, but from what u class as racism (which is fair enuf), would u call the title 'white men can't jump' racist?
    bret barry can jump his a white men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are certin things I doubt about those statements...I would have to hear them myself....I don't want to dis-credit ESB but my biggest doubt comes from Toney giving Rahman credit for anything......Tony cares about Toney he isn't giving credit to anyonew else White,Black, blue , green or otherwise
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    If you don't think this is a racist comment you don't know what the definition of racist is.

Racism is a belief system or doctrine which states that inherent biological differences between human races determine cultural or individual right or achievement — with a corollary that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

That is a pure racist comment freom Toney pure and simple, he just isn't smart enough to know it.
    Who said they didn't think it was racist? The point I'm making at least is that minorities for reasons aforementioned are more tolerated making racist slurs because of the conditions they were subjected to for centuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth

Who said they didn't think it was racist? The point I'm making at least is that a minorities for reasons aforementioned are more tolerated making racist slurs because of the conditions they were subjected to for a centuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Toney, but after all the crazy sh*t he's spouted, saying something racist just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. But who really believes he really racist? His manager is white, his trainer is white, and there's not telling of how many white women he's bagged in his day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitions of racism and the way in which people percieve it change from generation to generation, that definition was written in the context of that time. If it was so racist, surely someone would be pressing allegations and the police would have launched an enquiry, whereas the simple truth is that they are light-hearted, purposefuly controversial comments with a racial undertone, not specifically racist. This is the world we live in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitions of racism and the way in which people percieve it change from generation to generation, that definition was written in the context of that time. If it was so racist, surely someone would be pressing allegations and the police would have launched an enquiry, whereas the simple truth is that they are light-hearted, purposefuly controversial comments with a racial undertone, not specifically racist. This is the world we live in!
    I wonder what would happen if it was the other way around and Wladimir Klitschko had made those comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly what i am saying, you would most likely percieve any comments along the same lines by Klitschko to be racist, as when people hear racism, they automatically assume in most cases that a white man is dishing out the abuse to a minority ethnic group.
    James Toney should be criticised scientifically if anything else. He is making comments about the genetic make-up of white europeans, and how this relates to their physical ability in the ring, and i doubt Toney has conducted any reserach specifically in this area. lol.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly what i am saying, you would most likely percieve any comments along the same lines by Klitschko to be racist, as when people hear racism, they automatically assume in most cases that a white man is dishing out the abuse to a minority ethnic group.
    James Toney should be criticised scientifically if anything else. He is making comments about the genetic make-up of white europeans, and how this relates to their physical ability in the ring, and i doubt Toney has conducted any reserach specifically in this area. lol.
    He's got a doctorate in genetics from UCBS. In fact he started UCBS - University College of Bull S**t.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're gonna bring up Toney's "racist" comments how about I show you one of Oscar De La Hoya's.

How's this sound

"No Black fighter could ever beat me. African Americans have no heart."

He said this before the Whitaker fight.

I guess Oscar is a racist prick eh??

Can we stop taking fighter quote and placing judgements on them
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    If you're gonna bring up Toney's "racist" comments how about I show you one of Oscar De La Hoya's.

How's this sound

but oscars GUAPO so he gets to say that right bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How's this sound

Why should we take what fighters say any different from anyone else in the public eye says?Should they be able to say anything they want?Look what happened to Michael Richards(Kramer from Sienfeld)after he made those statements!He had to publically apoligize for it and was kicked out of that club forever.I know Toney isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he should at least be able to keep his mouth shut about these kind of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How's this sound

Why should we take what fighters say any different from anyone else in the public eye says?Should they be able to say anything they want?Look what happened to Michael Richards(Kramer from Sienfeld)after he made those statements!He had to publically apoligize for it and was kicked out of that club forever.I know Toney isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he should at least be able to keep his mouth shut about these kind of things.
    F Michael Richards hope he gets blacklisted for good, no pun intended biotchez!

Thread Information