Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arce did his best but........

Last night I was looking forward to the Arce fight....I wanted to see the big Hype entrance Arum was talking SO MUCH ABOUT!!!!.....Gotta admit The Dancing horse was funny.....If Vic Darchinyan was on the back it would have been Brokeback Mountain .....(but still no where close to Naz's Entrances...It's hard to beat a flying carpet).....
    It sucked that his opp was so unwilling to fight...Arce was primed and ready to give us a show....And to his Credit even though a lot of guys would be discouraged at the lack of response by an opponent Arce did his best to make it exciting as possible.....So he get's credit from me for attempting to give fans what they paid for.........But with the big weight gain after the fight and the fact he looked drained the day before I am wondering if Arce should move up?...Now would be a good time....Quality opp in his division is running very slim...The money would be better and the opponents would be better.... It's obvious he can't go lower and get the big fight with Darchinyan everyone has been so curious to see....Should he stay where he is and struggle with making weight or make the jump now? ....Curious on everones opinions...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arce did his best but........

i think the ring entrance was boring as$ hell,they should of atleast have some load music in the background, that was bullsh$t whats so good about a horse walking in circles and lifting its feet while arce trys to act like they are actually dancing together. i would of been mad if i had paid to see that, actually i am mad because of the hype arum was talking about it was gonna be exciting, come on that was dull hella boring, they should of had fire works or something or atleast some loud music this is boxing bringing in a horse to perform like that was s2pid,reminded me of those rich folks enjoying horses shows borinnnnggg snoooozeee. even after the 12 round i was still thinking where was the exciting entrance that was suppose to happen.

ooh about your question, yea i think he should move up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    i think the ring entrance was boring as$ hell,they should of atleast have some load music in the background, that was bullsh$t whats so good about a horse walking in circles and lifting its feet while arce trys to act like they are actually dancing together. i would of been mad if i had paid to see that, actually i am mad because of the hype arum was talking about it was gonna be exciting, come on that was dull hella boring, they should of had fire works or something or atleast some loud music this is boxing bringing in a horse to perform like that was s2pid,reminded me of those rich folks enjoying horses shows borinnnnggg snoooozeee. even after the 12 round i was still thinking where was the exciting entrance that was suppose to happen.

it went 12 rounds?!?!?! he'd better run if Vic enters the room....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

yea it did, yea i think Vic is the better fighter out of the two, i think Vic would k.o arce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

yea it did, yea i think Vic is the better fighter out of the two, i think Vic would k.o arce.
    ywah...Vic doesn't play...it's pretty much "I KO you or you KO me" type of fighting style....I don't see Arce taking on Vic now....he definitly has'nt made a huge push for it....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arce did his best against an idiot who had an oppertunity of a lifetime to make a name for himself. So what if he lasted 12 rounds,I would have given him more respect had he fought like a true warrior and got KTFO than the run cover repeat process. I don't think anyone can commend that dude's performance.

As for Darchinyan,you say Arce has not made a call for him but firstly,Arce has said he'll fight him anytime,any place and second,I don't see Vic moving up to fight Arce. I could just as easily say what has Darchinyan done to make a fight happen?It works both ways and unless you're behind the scenes,you don't know. I have not heard a firm offer from either camp,just calling out,that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Arce did his best against an idiot who had an oppertunity of a lifetime to make a name for himself. So what if he lasted 12 rounds,I would have given him more respect had he fought like a true warrior and got KTFO than the run cover repeat process. I don't think anyone can commend that dude's performance.

As for Darchinyan,you say Arce has not made a call for him but firstly,Arce has said he'll fight him anytime,any place and second,I don't see Vic moving up to fight Arce. I could just as easily say what has Darchinyan done to make a fight happen?It works both ways and unless you're behind the scenes,you don't know. I have not heard a firm offer from either camp,just calling out,that's it.
    vic vs arce may never even happen, arce may move up soon, vic is stuck not being able to follow quick enough so yea but if they had fought i think vic would of win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Darchinyan should move up and fight Arce at 115.

If Arce were to move up he would get his ass handed to him by Rafael Marquez, Wladmir Sidorenko and Silence Mabuza.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Gamo, I agree with you about Ler--the guy definitely takes the blame for making the fight a bit of a stinker in the ring. That's where I was at last night. But after thinking about it a little more, I've gotta blame Arce (or his people) for it too. Sure, Arce did everything he could to make this guy actually fight in the ring. But it's not like Arce had to fight Ler--a relative nobody, who, according to all the commentators, basically "fights" this way in all of his fights. Given that Arce's not looking for the big fights against top opposition, he could have just as easily hand-picked a different nobody who would have actually thrown some punches and made for an interesting fight. Signing to fight Ler in the first place just seems like a dumb decision if what you're trying to do is create exciting fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

If Arce were to move up he would get his a** handed to him by Rafael Marquez, Wladmir Sidorenko and Silence Mabuza.
    totally agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

Vic will ko Arce!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must be the only person then it seems who really enjoyed the Arce fight at the weekend

I thought in some ways his opponent fought the right fight. Granted he never tried to win but lets face it he was a relative nobody who had no chance at all if he decided to mix it with Arce so he covered up, hoping that Arce would punch himself out so that he could come on strong himself in the late rounds.

Lets be honest, if he would have fought any other way it would have beena a routine 5 or 6 round easy win for Arce in an instantly forgetable fight.

I actually found this fight intensely exciting as Arce was clearly putting everything into knocking this guy out and you were waiting to see if he would exhaust himself.

His opponent did make a fight of it in the final 3 rounds opening up and almost getting himself ktfo in the 11th round in the process.

Overall I thought it was a good fight, a bit different from the usual routine defenses made by most champs against relative unknowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was an excellent performace by Arce, Ler was very annoying, but Arce went 12 very well. If anyone thinks Arce can get down to 112lbs, I'd think again. Jorge was 130lbs on the night against Ler.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    I thought it was an excellent performace by Arce, Ler was very annoying, but Arce went 12 very well. If anyone thinks Arce can get down to 112lbs, I'd think again. Jorge was 130lbs on the night against Ler.
    Did you think Ler made the fight interesting in a way though? I mean he could have just come out, tried to box with Arce and it been all over in 3 rounds.

But in doing what he did, he forced Arce out of his gameplan and allowed us to see how he would cope with a frustrating opponent.

i really enjoyed the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why should vic move up just for arce? If vic vacates his titles, moves up to fight arce...and arce ducks him again then its all for nothing. Arce doesnt want any part of vic, his come forward style wont mix well with vics power.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information