Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Does anyone think Maskaev has a prayer vs Vitali Klitschko?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does anyone think Maskaev has a prayer vs Vitali Klitschko?

I dont. Not a chance. Only way Oleg wins is by a lucky bomb and I dont see that happening. So VK has been gone for a little over 2 years,no big deal really. Im sure he has stayed in very good shape as he never fully intended to really retire. Also he has the money to buy the best sparring partners in the world. He maybe 35,but he is younger than Oleg and hasnt taken a 10th of the punishment. 6'8" vs 6'3"? Already really bad for Oleg. Im guessing VK will be around 250-55lbs. Oleg? 235 or so. I just dont see this fight going past 4 or 5 rounds. VK by ko. Then Peter is next. I dont think VK will hide from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does anyone think Maskaev has a prayer vs Vitali Klitschko?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    I dont. Not a chance. Only way Oleg wins is by a lucky bomb and I dont see that happening. So VK has been gone for a little over 2 years,no big deal really. Im sure he has stayed in very good shape as he never fully intended to really retire. Also he has the money to buy the best sparring partners in the world. He maybe 35,but he is younger than Oleg and hasnt taken a 10th of the punishment. 6'8" vs 6'3"? Already really bad for Oleg. Im guessing VK will be around 250-55lbs. Oleg? 235 or so. I just dont see this fight going past 4 or 5 rounds. VK by ko. Then Peter is next. I dont think VK will hide from him.
    i think your right,but klitty better have a tune up or too first.Im sure there will be a bit of rust after 2 years
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

El Kabong Guest

Rust or no rust Oleg has no shot in hell vs Vitali or Sam Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I know everyone will be screaming "RUST!RUST! Dear God he has ringrust!!! " but I dont see it that way. VK has been there done that as in: Big fights on HBO. Fought LL. Been a big star for a long time now. So its not like he will be a deer caught in the head lights,so to speak. Fcuk,he ran for mayor of Kiev. I doubt much makes him nervous. So he probably has been in very good shape for the past two years,his body has recovered and he can afford the best gyms,trainers,docs and most of all really really good sparing partners. Ring rust wont be a factor. VKs right to Olegs head will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah probably,but i havent followed the HW's for a while now(for obvious reasons). isn't there sopposed to be a unification tournement. And how does vitali fit in there,cause hes not even ranked anymore......i think?
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spanky-banky
    yeah probably,but i havent followed the HW's for a while now(for obvious reasons). isn't there sopposed to be a unification tournement. And how does vitali fit in there,cause hes not even ranked anymore......i think?
    Vitali is something like "The Return of the WBC King". He left with a chance at the champ if he returned to boxing. He will win. I hope he gives Peter his shot. I think he will and ko Peter in the process.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lack of prayers won't be a problem. I know I myself and probably thousands of others around the world will be praying for Maskaev to pull of the upset after Klit has barged his way in front of Sam Peter.

Will these prayers make any difference, sadly I doubt it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Vilali has Wlads "china chin" he's got a good chance.
    Can Oleg whack? ask Rahman.
    Has Vitali's chin EVER REALLY been tested? maybe he's just been luckier against the Ross Purities and Corrie Saundes then Wlad has.
    Wouldn"t it be sweet justice!!! Vitali Whacked the F#ck out by Oleg!
    I'd laugh my ass off!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Oleg Maskaev does have a good shot of upsetting Vitali Klitschko. EVERY fighter has ring rust, especially after 2 years, I know you klitheads worship the ground the Klit bros. walk on, but they are no differnt. Maskaev is a top heavyweight with pretty good power, skills, heart, and determination. Vitali's chin is not iron, that is just a myth cooked up by HBO, and Klitschko followers, he was rocked on a couple of occasions BADLY by Corrie Sanders, its just that he ran and held, and Sanders did not have the wind or stamina to finish him off. Which was purely Sander's fault for bein a lazy fatty. Maskaev has a shot for sure, and I hope he knocks Vitali out.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shit Lyle .. rust or no rust

The favorite would be Vitali no doubt, but to say Oleg or Peter has no chance is just plain stupid !

2 year off, injury prone , running for mayor and all that shit ? Oleg is liable to tax that ass . shit !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vatali wins inside 4 i think he is better than people think and landmine of course his chin has been tested remember a guy hitting him called Lennox Lewis ?
    thats a test for me

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by althetruthhindley
    Vatali wins inside 4 i think he is better than people think and landmine of course his chin has been tested remember a guy hitting him called Lennox Lewis ?
    thats a test for me
    Yup his chin held firm against Lewis, it was just the rest of his face that fell apart

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Lack of prayers won't be a problem. I know I myself and probably thousands of others around the world will be praying for Maskaev to pull of the upset after Klit has barged his way in front of Sam Peter.

Will these prayers make any difference, sadly I doubt it
    Totally agree that Peter must be the unluckiest man in boxing at the moment. He beats his opposition in two title eliminators and then has this big guy step in back from retirement to take his shot. He must've been throwing chairs at the Tv when he heard that news. Either way, he must be the first fight for Klitschko in his first defence, cause Peter deserves that shot, plain and simple.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does VK prove by coming back? He knows he is the best and he will beat everybody apart from his bro. I can see another injury occuring being honest and i think it will result in the sam peter-VK match up being delayed etc etc and again showing how boring the HW devison is. I really dont think he should come back unless a miracle occures i.e lenny comes back. IMO he will just make the HW's boring!

El Kabong Guest

I doubt Oleg has enough in the tank to injure Vitali....it won't take very long for VK to connect and blast Oleg out....I mean Kirk Johnson knocked him out of the ring!!!! Kirk fucking Johnson!!!!

Vitali is coming back to win, make history, and goad Lennox Lewis into a rematch.....he's trying to give the boxing fans what they want and also if the Klitschko's have the IBF and WBC belts then K2 has 2 belts and DKP has 2 belts and therefore unification bouts will be more than likely to happen

Thread Information