Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default floyd mayweather vs prime roberto duran at light weight

thought of this the other day thought it would make for a good discussion. personally i think duran would give pretty boy nightmares. big big fan of both boxers but can only see a duran win the guy was an absolute animal. what do you guys think
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd mayweather vs prime roberto duran at light weight

duran at light weight was a punching machine, just non stop agression.Hes work rate was to much for PBF and he would knock hes ass out,unless PBF runs all night ,which he probably would
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd lives in the gym...so workrate is definitely not a problem.Knocking floyd out?He has never been on the VERGE of getting knocked out in the last 15 years.I think Floyds skills are too advanced to duran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Olympian904
    Floyd lives in the gym...so workrate is definitely not a problem.Knocking floyd out?He has never been on the VERGE of getting knocked out in the last 15 years.I think Floyds skills are too advanced to duran.
    "No Mas, No Mas, NO MAS"!!!!!!! PBF wins.... PBF is like a better Leonard....yeah I said it!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather better than Ray? No.. Mayweather is the best guy out there now, but Ray was cocky in his spirit of competition. Ray was fierce and in the ring he was such a great fighter. From 1979 to 1983 he was probably the best ever, but he wore himself out by fighting so many great guys like Benitez,Hearns and Duran so close together, and then laying off so long and messing with retirement. Mayweather is a good fighter nowadays, but the 80s was a different thing altogether. The top 5 guys at welterweight in 1980 are all hall of fame great fighters. Leonard,Hearns,Duran,Benitez,Cuevez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way asking about Mayweather vs Duran. Stylewise I hate to say this but Mayweather has the style to outbox Duran at lightweight. He is better than anyone Duran fought at lightweight. Better than Dejesus and better than Buchanan. Duran was dominant but no one was Mayweather, and I love the Hearns/Duran/Leonard/Hagler era. I think Floyd would be able to get this rhythm and outbox Duran and be a step ahead of him the whole way and win a unanimous decision. I know there are guys who idolize Roberto but his weakness was always feet too wide apart. He was a great inside fighter and had good handspeed, but against guys with great handspeed he faltered, and problem is there were not great handspeed guys at lightweight like the guys Duran fought later in Hearns,Benitez,Leonard.. Hagler did not have great handspeed but he was a southpaw with decent handspeed and Duran could not really use his power. Mayweather has the style to make this a boring 12 round decision. Wish I could say Duran, but stylewise it says Mayweather. Now if you ask me Mosley/Duran I say Roberto. Mosley relies on speed but he fights inside too much and his foot movement is not that great. If a guy is going to beat Duran he needs either great footspeed and handspeed. But Mosley is too stationary. Duran would get to him, but he would not get to Mayweather.

ICB Guest

Mayweather would win Duran always struggled with outside fighters and fast fighters Mayweather by tough decision though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather, even more frustrating for Duran than Leonard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lets go with the banger roberto duran.. his name will still ring out for years to come.

Thread Information